NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

3 minutes ago, posty said:

GB never using the App...  Things are so much nicer with the desktop and a big screen to see things...  Why anyone would want to use a smartphone and a small screen and an App to make changes is beyond me...

The Yahoo chat feature, minus the stupid transactions default they just put in, is really good.  All trade talk in our leagues uses it.  Also we do off line mini-drafts so notifying the next person on the clock is perfect for the chat.  And you can't be at home all the time.  Not even in 2020.  So yeah you need a mobile device to make those last minute changes when someone is pulled for an injury before a game etc.

So most people use both.  They each have there advantages and disadvantages.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

The Yahoo chat feature, minus the stupid transactions default they just put in, is really good.  All trade talk in our leagues uses it.  Also we do off line mini-drafts so notifying the next person on the clock is perfect for the chat.  And you can't be at home all the time.  Not even in 2020.  So yeah you need a mobile device to make those last minute changes when someone is pulled for an injury before a game etc.

So most people use both.  They each have there advantages and disadvantages.

I have been in leagues where we just a message board that we have been using for years or just text everyone...

But I understand where you are coming from...  I know I am in the huge minority, but will stick with the desktop...

Just now, posty said:

I have been in leagues where we just a message board that we have been using for years or just text everyone...

But I understand where you are coming from...  I know I am in the huge minority, but will stick with the desktop...

That is what Yahoo's chat is.  A texting set-up that automatically allows you to text the whole league or any one individual in it.

I use my laptop to set line-ups and such but I can't take it with me outside my place and in competitive leagues you need to be able to make last minute changes to your line-up or close a deal on a trade when the other person is ready to commit etc.

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

One of my baseball leagues and one of my football leagues uses Discord for league chat and communication. Far superior to using an app's chat feature.

Not if you don't like herding cats and trying to make everyone in your leagues to use some independent app and not the one that is integrated into your fantasy baseball app.  Also the chat feature -- once I shut that darn new transactions alarm off -- works totally fine.  Why would I want to go out and download a third party app when this one does it all.

17 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Not if you don't like herding cats and trying to make everyone in your leagues to use some independent app and not the one that is integrated into your fantasy baseball app.  Also the chat feature -- once I shut that darn new transactions alarm off -- works totally fine.  Why would I want to go out and download a third party app when this one does it all.

Because Discord is superior in every way, and it hasn’t been like herding cats at all. Both leagues have fully embraced it. 

URGENT!

I am having an issue with removing Walker Buehler from the IL to my starting lineup tonight.  ESPN customer service could not help me. 

On the "Manage IL" page I removed him off the IL to active.  However he still appears on the "My Team" page as on IL.  I think the problem is when I did rove hiemm from the IL, the "My Team" page was set to tomorrow September 3rd.  For tomorrow September 3rd he does show as on my Bench.

I really want to be able to start him tonight.

in my CBSsports league we had a non playoff team pick a guy off waivers. I reversed it as commish. The problem now is that the system has the player coming off waivers later in the week than we would be otherwise. Does anyone know if I have the ability to change when the player comes off waivers with my commish privileges so the playoff teams have a shot to pick him up tonight?

On 9/1/2020 at 6:08 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Eh, to me chat means you text, they see it.  They text, you see.  What else is needed?

On Discord, we have channels with all our rules/policies/procedures listed out. We have channels with the current and previous years’ keepers, a channel with direct links to past seasons, a channel that announces trades and calls for a public vote rather than the typical anonymous ones, a channel for league votes. Plus there is the general chat feature. It’s an all-in-one place for us that houses everything we need or want. 

30 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

On Discord, we have channels with all our rules/policies/procedures listed out. We have channels with the current and previous years’ keepers, a channel with direct links to past seasons, a channel that announces trades and calls for a public vote rather than the typical anonymous ones, a channel for league votes. Plus there is the general chat feature. It’s an all-in-one place for us that houses everything we need or want. 

Okay.  We have message boards and archives for that and a commish that handles trades/vetoes.  If you like it then that is all that matters.  I like mine just fine too.  We are both happy.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MJDrocks said:

I run GroupMe for the chat with my fantasy leagues but do agree that discord is more immersive. Perhaps a little too immersive, though. I prefer the simplicity of GroupMe.

I have a football league that uses GroupMe, and I have a bunch of groups on there, lol. For me, I’d prefer to just use the chat on Yahoo because GroupMe doesn’t really offer anything more. Imho. And I love how immersive Discord is lol. 

• Like 1

Well Yahoo changed the IL thing to IL-10 and neither of my IL-10 designated players will go into the IL slot.  (Ketel Marte and Rowdt Tellez in two separate leagues).  The new software designation doesn't fit the old IL slots right now.  Anyone else having that problem?  Anyone have access to twitter to ask them what the hell is going on?

25 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well Yahoo changed the IL thing to IL-10 and neither of my IL-10 designated players will go into the IL slot.  (Ketel Marte and Rowdt Tellez in two separate leagues).  The new software designation doesn't fit the old IL slots right now.  Anyone else having that problem?  Anyone have access to twitter to ask them what the hell is going on?

I don't twitter, but yes, Santander is having the same issue...

"Player Anthony Santander is in a IL position on your roster, but is no longer on the real-life IL. Please edit your lineup to activate this player from your IL and then attempt your transaction again. (Error #173)"

Just checked, they said one minute ago it should be resolved...

Edited by posty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah thanks, posty.  The new stupid "IL-10" designation was removed and the regular "IL" designation returned so I can now move them.  But not before I sent in a ticket to them on the problem.  So they will have to reply to me in like 3 to 5 days saying that they have corrected the problem because that is the average amount of time it takes to get a reply back on a ticket to them.

Stupid people there.  They never ever check their changes for bugs before they just release their change into the programming.

And SuperJoint, yeah ever single year they race around to throw in more bells and whistles into their fantasy football look since that's the only fantasy game they really care about.  And it inevitably ends up screwing over the baseball programming somehow.

49 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

For Y! owners: Why is Judge being treated as activated when he's not? Trying to make a move and my roster is frozen because of him.

same here.  Yahoo is a joke.  Im trying to pick up Albies who got dropped but T. Hernandez they're telling me is not the IL

39 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

same here.  Yahoo is a joke.  Im trying to pick up Albies who got dropped but T. Hernandez they're telling me is not the IL

They changed it back to "IL" now so you should be able to move him to the IL as long as you didn't have him sitting in your line-up and he was on the bench.  It was the "IL-10" new stuff that was causing the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, a question about CBS' platform coming up on end of the season:  how does it handle hitting the max innings limit?

Our league has a max of 550 innings.  I'll be right around that.   On ESPN, it lets you get the last day of stats where you start the day below the limit, so (illustratively) if you were at 549 innings on the last day of the season you could accumulate 25 innings that last day and they would all count.

Anyone know if CBS operates the same way or if they literally stop accumulating mid-day as someone pitches the inning that pushes you past the IP limit for the year?

2 hours ago, Whizzinator said:

OK, a question about CBS' platform coming up on end of the season:  how does it handle hitting the max innings limit?

Our league has a max of 550 innings.  I'll be right around that.   On ESPN, it lets you get the last day of stats where you start the day below the limit, so (illustratively) if you were at 549 innings on the last day of the season you could accumulate 25 innings that last day and they would all count.

Anyone know if CBS operates the same way or if they literally stop accumulating mid-day as someone pitches the inning that pushes you past the IP limit for the year?

All IP count if you start the day under in CBS commissioner leagues.. Same thing if you have one outfield game left. You get credit for all 5 outfield spots the final day and finish 4 over. I have done this for years and in one league today is the day I am using 9 SP to close out my IP in a league. Starting with 595 IP with a 600 limit.

Edited by FantasyGeek2018
  • Like 1