NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

ESPN.  Waiting on the ESPN yearly restart.  Anyone know when it kicks in?  My league has been asking me daily.  I thought it would have been completed by now.

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, BCMarch10 said:

Does anyone have any input on when to expect ESPN to do their annual update/maintenace? Last year, ESPN started the maintenance on January 4 and it was completed by January 12. Any news for this year?

Didn´t see your post.  I just asked the exact same question lol.  Hope we get a response.

2 hours ago, Mr. G said:

ESPN.  Waiting on the ESPN yearly restart.  Anyone know when it kicks in?  My league has been asking me daily.  I thought it would have been completed by now.

ESPN sucks now and ESPN was my go to platform. So I wouldn’t mind seeing ESPN getting out of fantasy sports. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Mr. G said:

I'd guess after the Super Bowl, just a guess, I feel like thats when it usually happens, but usually it shuts down later than usual.

4 hours ago, King_of_Kings said:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN14218.html

Team and league registration is open from January 30, 2020 until July 5, 2020.

• First day for live drafts - February 3, 2020
  • Last day for live drafts - June 21, 2020
  • First day for live draft lobby - February 25, 2020
  • Last day for live draft lobby - April 5, 2020

Thanks for the yahoo update, how about ESPN? any idea?

1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

Sigh..I wish Yahoo Pro Leagues were available for Canadians.

They are now. At least for NFL and NBA we can play in those sports pro leagues and dfs where before this past nfl season neither were possible.

• Thanks 1
On 12/29/2019 at 4:01 PM, brockpapersizer said:

I'm not. I do this in leagues where I have a reputation of dominating. It helps when people bid you up for the sake of it. Usually a few people catch on but most are too busy to notice. Certainly works great your first time doing it. Some leagues people expect me to do it, I still do it. Theres also no downside. Generic names work best like Team Mike.

I do the same thing. In a league with friends and family locally I have a problem with people chasing my bids. It's also just fun. ESPN changed their interface for drafting and it really took away the advantage this offered, but it's still helpful. 

• Like 1

Last year was a fluke for ESPN.

Every year around this time I, like all of you, wonder when ESPN (And other sites) open up. Here are the last 8 opening dates for ESPN (within a day or two): Tue, Feb 07, 2012; Tue, Feb 05, 2013; Thu, Feb 06, 2014; Tue, Feb 10, 2015; Wed, Feb 10, 2016; Wed, Feb 15, 2017; Tue, Feb 20, 2018 & Fri, Jan 11, 2019.

It's an average of 2.9 days after the Superbowl. So based on the past, expect it to open up around Wed, Feb 5.

The last 4 years, ESPN has shut the site down on the following dates: Mon, Feb 01, 2016; Sat, Feb 04, 2017; Thu, Feb 01, 2018 & Fri, Jan 04, 2019. So Based on the past, expect it around Thur, Jan 30.

Then again, I think I remember reading somewhere on here last year that Someone else took over the fantasy games from ESPN... If that's true, you can throw all this out the window.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just noticed ESPN is down now.  Looks like the are starting there changes.

editing, sorry my mistake.  It was my Yahoo app.  It looks like the App for Yahoo is now unavailable too.  ESPN is still up.

Edited by TheBoatmen
39 minutes ago, TheBoatmen said:

Just noticed ESPN is down now.  Looks like the are starting there changes.

editing, sorry my mistake.  It was my Yahoo app.  It looks like the App for Yahoo is now unavailable too.  ESPN is still up.

Yeah Yahoo teams are down on cell app but I can access the league messenger there okay.  So maybe they are just updating player data and prospects and not the whole app in itself.

I started a dynasty league with minors rosters last season mainly b/c of being able to have minors rosters. I reactivated it a few days ago and now it won’t let me have minors rosters unless I pay $79.95? Am I missing something here? Any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, superman100679 said:

I started a dynasty league with minors rosters last season mainly b/c of being able to have minors rosters. I reactivated it a few days ago and now it won’t let me have minors rosters unless I pay $79.95? Am I missing something here? Any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks in advance!

Maybe some features are free trial for the first season... What platform are you using?