NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

Does anyone know of a service that allows you to set-up a online customizable draft board? We usually draft from an Excel app projected on a screen. I really want everyone to be able to draft their own players, from their own devices. It also helps if someone can't make the draft, but can draft from their location.

The issue is, we have a lot going on in our drafts with rounds rotating 2 times. Players have salaries, and there is a cap you cannot exceed. None of the sites like ESPN, Yahoo or CBS offers this level of customization on their drafts.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Does anyone know of a service that allows you to set-up a online customizable draft board? We usually draft from an Excel app projected on a screen. I really want everyone to be able to draft their own players, from their own devices. It also helps if someone can't make the draft, but can draft from their location.

The issue is, we have a lot going on in our drafts with rounds rotating 2 times. Players have salaries, and there is a cap you cannot exceed. None of the sites like ESPN, Yahoo or CBS offers this level of customization on their drafts.

CBS most certainly does (commissioner package) as we have been doing it for 10+ years on it.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:43 AM, kwelch said:

Have you checked RotoChamp.com? Their tool can do a lot but not sure if it will meet those needs.

Does anyone know if, for a Yahoo! draft, if you can watch a draft you are not in? Basically what I want to do is set up our auction draft on a TV screen without revealing my screen movements and player queue -- sort of display the draft in the room on a big screen for observation as guys all do their stuff from their own laptops.

6 minutes ago, StartYourStuds said:

In ESPN, Yordan did not lose his LF eligibility.  A few others out there that didn’t lose eligibility but this one is notable.

I'd guess these get corrected. Yordan only had 10 appearances in LF, per baseball reference.

Edit: Hampson only had 15 at SS and he still has eligibility, too. Guessing another data import is coming that will get these corrected.

Edited by TribeFoo
11 minutes ago, TheBoatmen said:

45 minutes and my league manager is slacking and hasn’t activated our ESPN league!  Only thing I care about, is the trade block back?

Sorry no trade blocks :( I reactivated a few of my leagues just to see if any changes were made a per usual ESPN didn’t make any changes 

Been with ESPN for over 20 years, but thier dumbed down analytics are not anything I want a part of. Seems like if they could not make it match their crappy phone app they just got rid of it. Most of the things that I loved about ESPN have been eliminated or rendered nonfunctional. The " Players Trending now" is the most useless feature I have ever seen. Keep waiting for Kim Kardashian to show up there. Anyway enough whining. What fantasy sites will give me back my analytics, cuz  I am done with ESPN's garbage new interface. 

4 hours ago, pcully said:

Been with ESPN for over 20 years, but thier dumbed down analytics are not anything I want a part of. Seems like if they could not make it match their crappy phone app they just got rid of it. Most of the things that I loved about ESPN have been eliminated or rendered nonfunctional. The " Players Trending now" is the most useless feature I have ever seen. Keep waiting for Kim Kardashian to show up there. Anyway enough whining. What fantasy sites will give me back my analytics, cuz  I am done with ESPN's garbage new interface. 

Yahoo has all the sabermetrics now.  Also has a who is hot weekly section.  And you can track by season, week, 2 week or month to see trends if that is what you are after.

Yahoo is under new management and has stepped up it's game with a new software team as of last year.

• Like 1

I'll stick with Fantrax but almost tempted to give some other sites a shot this year.  Maybe do some mock drafts.  When are people starting to draft?  I'm itching to start but January feels a bit early.  Maybe 2-3 weeks I can start drafting.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:48 AM, MrBrown said:

I'll stick with Fantrax but almost tempted to give some other sites a shot this year.  Maybe do some mock drafts.  When are people starting to draft?  I'm itching to start but January feels a bit early.  Maybe 2-3 weeks I can start drafting.

I’ve been a regular on Fantrax for years and have no complaints with their service. I tried Yahoo Pro Leagues last year and was shocked at the number of moves people were making. I consider myself to be pretty active on the waiver wire making 50-75 moves per year on average, but there were teams that made around 300 moves in both leagues I did. Waiver wire vultures were scooping up players seconds after news broke. I’m wondering if this is the norm in Yahoo leagues?

4 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I’ve been a regular on Fantrax for years and have no complaints with their service. I tried Yahoo Pro Leagues last year and was shocked at the number of moves people were making. I consider myself to be pretty active on the waiver wire making 50-75 moves per year on average, but there were teams that made around 300 moves in both leagues I did. Waiver wire vultures were scooping up players seconds after news broke. I’m wondering if this is the norm in Yahoo leagues?

The standard default for Yahoo h2h leagues is 6 moves per week max.  The standard default for Yahoo roto is unlimited moves BUT the innings for pitchers are limited per season to a max of I think it is 1300 or 1400 innings so trying to stream pitchers a lot in roto is really a negative activity.  And batters in roto are limited to 162 appearances per position slot per default.

Waiver wire drops can't be picked up immediately as a default.  You have to wait a few days.  In a private league you can set the waiver wire time to anything including instant though most private league would never set it to instant. And if you were playing in a Pro league I assume you have to use Yahoo defaults which means you couldn't go scooping up players instantly so I don't understand what you mean here. 

Obviously you can "pre" put in waiver claims for when a player will clear waivers.  Everyone does that for the better players.  But you lose your seeding position and go to the back of the line if you win the claim.

Anyway the Yahoo defaults have been time tested for years and work perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, meh2 said:

A lot of  people play that way including myself. 300 moves is a slow year for me. I basically have 1-2 roster spots that I'm add/dropping someone with almost every day to either stream pitchers, play a matchup I like (stack Coors guys, etc), fill empty spots on Monday/Thursday, etc. The daily action is what makes fantasy fun for me.

Edited by fletch44
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, meh2 said:

This year in nba so I assume mlb will be the same yahoo pro leagues now do daily FAAB to prevent this, $100 FAAB, $0 Bids allowed process shortly after 2 am my time so 3 am ET and take into affect for that day.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, turner46 said:

This year in nba so I assume mlb will be the same yahoo pro leagues now do daily FAAB to prevent this, $100 FAAB, $0 Bids allowed process shortly after 2 am my time so 3 am ET and take into affect for that day.

I would love this. Hope this goes into effect for baseball.

• Like 1

Interesting.  I don't like to learn on the fly when money's involved.  Maybe I can just do 1 league on Yahoo as a learning experience, because the innings limits and waiver bidding would be new to me.  I live in a state where gambling is regulated so these sites don't even allow me to play.  I'm supposed to play on sites like DraftKings and FanDuel which is far different than the fantasy baseball I love.  So I live with my sister during the baseball season ;)