NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

15 hours ago, fletch44 said:

A lot of  people play that way including myself. 300 moves is a slow year for me. I basically have 1-2 roster spots that I'm add/dropping someone with almost every day to either stream pitchers, play a matchup I like (stack Coors guys, etc), fill empty spots on Monday/Thursday, etc. The daily action is what makes fantasy fun for me.

Yeah I'm more like around 200 but in dynasty you have to be a bit careful who you drop or you may never get him again for years to come if ever.  I rarely stream pitching in my h2h leagues but I do pick up younger pitchers to "speculate" on in both those and my roto leagues.  I pick up more bats on the whole.  And of course it is a turnstile of relief pitchers throughout the season. 

I totally agree about the daily action.  About the only way you can really play at being a GM/Manager in fantasy baseball is to make a lot of moves otherwise your teams just sit there like boring bumps on a log.

Meanwhile I can't wait for Yahoo to open in a few hours.  That's when it all seems "real" again.

• Like 2
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

19 hours ago, turner46 said:

This year in nba so I assume mlb will be the same yahoo pro leagues now do daily FAAB to prevent this, $100 FAAB, $0 Bids allowed process shortly after 2 am my time so 3 am ET and take into affect for that day.

IMO fantasy baseball owners must be able to make daily moves. Let the owner manage his team. This next day crap that yahoo has in place is crap. While it’s after the games started or the next morning let the owner pick or make bids on players for the following or same day. 

29 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

IMO fantasy baseball owners must be able to make daily moves. Let the owner manage his team. This next day crap that yahoo has in place is crap. While it’s after the games started or the next morning let the owner pick or make bids on players for the following or same day. 

About Yahoo still.  You can indeed set it to current day in private leagues and all but one of my leagues do.  But you can't drop or add a player once his game has started IF he is in your active daily line-up.  If he is on your bench and his game has started yes you can still do that even then since his stats haven't started to accumulate for you on the bench.

The default next day option is to allow you to drop or add even if a player has started a game so you can claim them immediately but obviously not gain stats after the fact which would be horrible.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

We actually went back to the next day after changing to same day. Too many times a guy would come off the DL and still be in your DL slot then the games would start and you would not be able to put any bids in for the next day waivers b/c your lineup is locked.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

With yahoo pro nba, let's say I make some FAAB bids right now, it goes through shortly after 2 am my time tomorrow morning but they will be eligible to play tomorrow.

36 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Is anyone else continuously refreshing Yahoo until baseball is up?

22 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Yes lol. What’s going on? Are they normally this late?

The poster above said Yahoo tweeted it would be sometime this EVENING.  And Yahoo's HQ is out in Washington state so that might even be Pacific time.

19 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

The poster above said Yahoo tweeted it would be sometime this EVENING.  And Yahoo's HQ is out in Washington state so that might even be Pacific time.

last few years, it's been around 6pm eastern time, give or take

Edited by WTP333
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

8 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

They’ll have auction prices and draft prices too right?

1 hour ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

They’ll have auction prices and draft prices too right?

1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

Not that I am aware of unless they have added something new.

Auction prices are always posted at time of opening, then sometimes updated before the season depending on ADP movement.

I'm in a market based keeper and every year release day is a big day for us.

Ohtani is still two players.

Rosters are still limited to 30.

"Double plays turned" is a category but Wins plus Quality Starts still isn't.

"DL" is now "IL" in the commish settings.  Only took them a year to make that single character cosmetic change.

The new font looks terrible on my display.

It's almost impossible to be any worse than ESPN as a free platform, but Yahoo sure is trying.

• Haha 2

What new font?  Looks the same as last year on my laptop.  In other words, just fine.

Now what is hilarious is I had my leagues all bookmarked last year.  I went into a folder and clicked on the old bookmarks and one only worked.  None should.  So I now have access to another league I'm not in on the one that worked, hah.

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

Auction prices are always posted at time of opening, then sometimes updated before the season depending on ADP movement.

I'm in a market based keeper and every year release day is a big day for us.

Then im not sure what you mean then by auction prices. I only see player ranks