NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

Okay guys.  I found the way in.  Please PLEASE not just vote this up but add a short comment to the thread too:

1. Go to your team page and scroll over Baseball '20 on the main menu bar and select Overview.

2. Scroll ALL the way down to the fine print at the very bottom and click on the light gray colored "Feedback" word.

3. Hit "Agree" to the Yahoo crap because they have all your info already, hah.

4. I started the following topic:

Bring Back Editing Team Rosters Pre-Draft ASAP Please

Please let up show we care about getting this changed back as soon as possible so not just a vote up but a comment too.  We can do this.  Thanks!

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, JNR0110 said:

Thanks Big Bat Theory for the response. I understand the FAAB/dollars aspect of it. I'm still not completely sure on the timing aspect of it. But you highlighted the below, which, if I'm interpreting this correctly, means they would be moving default to a "Daily-Today" since waivers will be continuous:

You didn't quote the rest of it where the answer is:

• In a significant change for public and pro leagues, continuous waivers with FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget) will now be used to claim players instead of Free Agents.
  • You will make claims to add players for the next day same as ever. However, claims are resolved by price paid and ties are broken by waiver priority.

In basketball leagues, the setting was originally "Daily-Tomorrow" but then was changed to "Daily-Today" a few weeks into the season (pretty major to be making that change in-season, but I welcomed the change). So I would assume Yahoo-commissioned baseball leagues will become "Daily-Today" as well.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I noticed I cannot edit rosters prior to the draft on Yahoo, which sucks as trades have been made in my league and will be on other teams when keepers are declared. I was able to edit them last year.

I edit rosters due to trades every year in my Yahoo keeper before the draft. 

I'm pretty sure you need to finalize the team list first, then you can make changes. Through assign keepers.

9 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

In basketball leagues, the setting was originally "Daily-Tomorrow" but then was changed to "Daily-Today" a few weeks into the season (pretty major to be making that change in-season, but I welcomed the change). So I would assume Yahoo-commissioned baseball leagues will become "Daily-Today" as well.

If true this is great. This is how I run my own league with Daily-Today and continuous FAAB. Definitely levels the playing field and makes all adds fair.

14 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

The deeper prospect pool (top 15 in each org) is a nice improvement, but it will likely be squandered by the 30 player maximum roster size, which doesn't leave enough slots in most leagues to bother stashing anything but the blue chip guys.

My yahoo league is 30 active roster spots plus additional IL and NA spots, 2 each for total of 34.

What's the total cap?

13 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

I edit rosters due to trades every year in my Yahoo keeper before the draft. 

I'm pretty sure you need to finalize the team list first, then you can make changes. Through assign keepers.

I finalized teams and its a no go.It specifically says post draft. Like I posted before I edited rosters prior to any keeper assignments. 

35 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Okay guys.  I found the way in.  Please PLEASE not just vote this up but add a short comment to the thread too:

1. Go to your team page and scroll over Baseball '20 on the main menu bar and select Overview.

2. Scroll ALL the way down to the fine print at the very bottom and click on the light gray colored "Feedback" word.

3. Hit "Agree" to the Yahoo crap because they have all your info already, hah.

4. I started the following topic:

Bring Back Editing Team Rosters Pre-Draft ASAP Please

Please let up show we care about getting this changed back as soon as possible so not just a vote up but a comment too.  We can do this.  Thanks!

Sent them an email.

19 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

My yahoo league is 30 active roster spots plus additional IL and NA spots, 2 each for total of 34.

Right, but as BBT details above, the max carryover is 30, so keeper/dynasty commissioners have to do a bunch of off-the-books homework to preserve rosters between seasons.  NA players aren't exempted from the 30 player cap, and IL isn't a thing in the offseason.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Right, but as BBT details above, the max carryover is 30, so keeper/dynasty commissioners have to do a bunch of off-the-books homework to preserve rosters between seasons.  NA players aren't exempted from the 30 player cap, and IL isn't a thing in the offseason.

Ahhhhh ok i misunderstood... You are talking strictly off-season roster, got ya. Yeah for our keeps they need to be within 30 man, after the draft everyone slides them over and it's a bidding war for spare parts after the draft.

Right, that's what we've done in our league, and it really limits how deep you can go on prospects.  The market value of deeper upside plays is reduced when teams can only carry over 30 players.  It's such a no-brainer change to make, particularly when they're advertising a deeper prospect pool as a new feature.  Great, but who's going to reach for the 12th best guy in a system when they can't carry them over without manual bookkeeping?

51 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Sent them an email.

Please also respond in that suggestion thread and tell your league about it.  My commish in two leagues had me send out this info in a group email to those two leagues to get owners there to respond and he is sending them out in another league as well.  Number on those suggestion threads matter greatly.  In those league we also draft off line and really really hard to figure out how many draft picks we get with this setting.  We are basically on HOLD until this thing gets fixed.  So ... thanks in advance for going out there!

Also how do you send them an email?  As a problem menu thing?

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
16 hours ago, JNR0110 said:

In a significant change for public and pro leagues, continuous waivers with FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget) will now be used to claim players instead of Free Agents.

I'm going to need help understanding this as I make roster changes on the reg in yahoo pro leagues. My main question revolves around WHEN to make a claim.

Last year, if i wanted say Robinson Cano for a Thursday game, I would go in on Wednesday afternoon and pick Cano up as a FA and he would show up on my roster for Thursday. If a player was on waivers and I was able to claim him on the morning of Thursday, he wouldn't be on my roster until Friday. 

Now, with continuous waivers, Cano will always be on waivers. In the same scenario, if I wanted to pick him up for a Thursday game, do I put in a claim for him on Wednesday? Or is it Tuesday? If waivers are run Thursday morning, won't that mean the roster change won't take place until Friday? Or is continuous waivers different in that aspect?

Basically, in my example above, is it 

A: Put claim on Cano on Tuesday, Waivers run Wednesday morning, Rosters adjusted for Thursday games 

or

B: Claim Cano on a Wednesday, Waivers run Thursday for Thursday games. 

I'm playing yahoo pro nba and they implemented in there, at first you would put a claim in monday, it goes through very early tuesday morning but wouldn't be able to use until wednesday, they switched in a few weeks in and gave like a weeks notice because it was dumb, so now that same example I used the player is available tuesday.

So I assume B

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Please also respond in that suggestion thread and tell your league about it.  My commish in two leagues had me send out this info in a group email to those two leagues to get owners there to respond and he is sending them out in another league as well.  Number on those suggestion threads matter greatly.  In those league we also draft off line and really really hard to figure out how many draft picks we get with this setting.  We are basically on HOLD until this thing gets fixed.  So ... thanks in advance for going out there!

Also how do you send them an email?  As a problem menu thing?

I voted for both. I sent an email through the support page.

12 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I voted for both. I sent an email through the support page.

thanks.  Also what support page?  Only email I can find is through the problem solve menus that go on forever and the options are absurd. 

What I want to know is how to send a straight up email to Yahoo.  Yes I said it.  All sites online about anything seem to hide contact info from the public and Yahoo is really really good at that.

I have no idea how to reach them except through suggestions and problem solving tree of options that leads nowhere sane.  So where is this "support" link please.

40 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

thanks.  Also what support page?  Only email I can find is through the problem solve menus that go on forever and the options are absurd. 

What I want to know is how to send a straight up email to Yahoo.  Yes I said it.  All sites online about anything seem to hide contact info from the public and Yahoo is really really good at that.

I have no idea how to reach them except through suggestions and problem solving tree of options that leads nowhere sane.  So where is this "support" link please.

Support= problem solving

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Check out reddit. A guy answers a lot of questions. He is there 

level 3

Wormser

Official Yahoo! Employee

6 points·16 hours ago

• Thanks 1

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Sports. This is Bigcat from Buffalo, and I understand you are trying to edit rosters for post-season trades made in your fantasy league but the option is not available until after the draft.

Our engineering team is aware of this issue as the setting was remove in error and they are working to get this available as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may be causing!

If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me! Have a good day, and pleasant playing! Thank you for choosing Yahoo Fantasy Sports!

Thanks,

Bigcat 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Sports. This is Bigcat from Buffalo, and I understand you are trying to edit rosters for post-season trades made in your fantasy league but the option is not available until after the draft.

Our engineering team is aware of this issue as the setting was remove in error and they are working to get this available as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may be causing!

If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me! Have a good day, and pleasant playing! Thank you for choosing Yahoo Fantasy Sports!

Thanks,

Bigcat 

Another reason I would want the feature enabled is because I have keeper players who have played out the last year of a contract that need to be released by their teams.  If they don't fix this I can see one of my managers protecting a player who should not be allowed to be kept which would really make a lot of work for me to correct keeper mistakes.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Thanks,

Bigcat 

Duke is my hero!!!  Duke for king!  Yeah you found the right way getting an email through.  I dealt with Yahoo's "Bigcat from Buffalo" (haha) before and he is a good guy.

Yep just another day in the paradise that is Yahoo.  But at least they admitted to the error and are fixing it.  That at least is good.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Duke is my hero!!!  Duke for king!  Yeah you found the right way getting an email through.  I dealt with Yahoo's "Bigcat from Buffalo" (haha) before and he is a good guy.

Yep just another day in the paradise that is Yahoo.  But at least they admitted to the error and are fixing it.  That at least is good.

Glad I could help. I went on the app and can edit rosters now, havent checked pc.

55 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

The fact that I cant see my team on the app is another issue with Yahoo. Is it really that difficult?

LOL!  Yeah I just noticed all my rosters are suddenly empty on the app too.  I can see it now.  Yahoo will post something like:  "Good news everyone, you can edit your rosters again.  Bad news, we seemed to have lost your rosters."

But at least the rosters do remain on the web site so you can see them on your laptop so we didn't totally lose our teams.  Also yes web site has been fixed as well.  From the commish tools section on Manage Other Teams:

Edit Rosters

Availability: All Season,

League Types: All

Edit the roster of any team for any editable day.

8 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Can't join Yahoo baseball Pro Leagues as a Canadian 😠

Did you try on the app or website, because this past year in yahoo pro and dfs canadians can play so I can only assume it will be the same for baseball.

For NFL and NBA

Edited by turner46
addinf nfl and nba to post