NBC Sports Edge Forums

I own Ja Morant and B Clarke - Am I in trouble?

Am I trouble down the line come playoff time? I never imagined these two would be load managed like this and I'm beginning to worry a little. Currently sitting comfortably in 1st place in my league, trying to evaluate where or not I should try to trade one of these guys, both, or hold.

Team in signature.

Could be that Memphis is resting them to fully unleash them second half. They are going no where and will push the kids. Eventually Clarke will start with JJJ and JV off the bench or shut down and Ja wants to win ROY he will be just fine

13 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Eventually Clarke will start with JJJ and JV off the bench or shut down

People keep saying this but I don't see JV coming off the bench for a rookie. It's not about who's better etc etc. JV is easily a starting-calibre player, and they will develop Clarke in the context of running behind JV (who is more than capable in his own right). I own Clarke, and don't see him starting this year unless JV does get shut down which is a real possibility if that foot issue flares up again.

5 hours ago, D3K91 said:

People keep saying this but I don't see JV coming off the bench for a rookie. It's not about who's better etc etc. JV is easily a starting-calibre player, and they will develop Clarke in the context of running behind JV (who is more than capable in his own right). I own Clarke, and don't see him starting this year unless JV does get shut down which is a real possibility if that foot issue flares up again.

Yes the shut down is more likely but Clarke has been a beast in limited action and suits their style better since he can run up and down better than JV. JV is an excellent player but not in an up tempo style like Memphis