NBC Sports Edge Forums

Fantasy Finals - #2 WR and Defense Help

Well, I made it to the finals. A bit uncertain about who to play at my #2 WR and D/S/T spots this week. Thoughts? 1/2 point PPR league and I'm going up against a team with L.Jackson and McCaffrey. 

QB - Watson
WR - Allen
WR - Sutton (HOU), Hilton (CAR), AJ, Brown (IND), Perriman (HOU), or Fuller (TB) - PICK ONE
RB - Chubb
RB - Drake
TE - Kittle 
FLEX - Jacobs (if he plays). If not then Singletary. 
D-Denver (DET), New Orleans (Titans), Minnesota (GB), or Chiefs (CHI) - PICK ONE

11 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

How are Brown & Perriman not owned? Dude get them both!! And start them this week 

Brown has a tough match-up against the Saints and Perriman seems like a real boom or bust player. I'm actually leaning towards starting K.Allen and C.Sutton at WR. They're bth ranked the highest on most week 16 lists. 

2 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Brown has a tough match-up against the Saints and Perriman seems like a real boom or bust player. I'm actually leaning towards starting K.Allen and C.Sutton at WR. They're bth ranked the highest on most week 16 lists. 

They both need to be owned 100%. Brown & Perriman are both scorching hot the past few weeks, Drop 2 weak bench players. 

1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

They both need to be owned 100%. Brown & Perriman are both scorching hot the past few weeks, Drop 2 weak bench players. 

Oh, I picked them both up...I just don't think I'm going to play them. 

23 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Well, I made it to the finals. A bit uncertain about who to play at my #2 WR and D/S/T spots this week. Thoughts? 1/2 point PPR league and I'm going up against a team with L.Jackson and McCaffrey. 

QB - Watson
WR - Allen
WR - Sutton (HOU), Hilton (CAR), AJ, Brown (IND), Perriman (HOU), or Fuller (TB) - PICK ONE
RB - Chubb
RB - Drake
TE - Kittle 
FLEX - Jacobs (if he plays). If not then Singletary. 
D-Denver (DET), New Orleans (Titans), Minnesota (GB), or Chiefs (CHI) - PICK ONE

Bumping this one more time. I think I've settled on Denver's D/S/T, but I'm still on the fence about who to start at WR. Leaning towards Sutton...

I'm a little biased toward AJ Brown because he's been a godsend for me post-Evans, and seems to have some rapport with Tannehill. Tough matchup but you know he's going to look his way. Perriman I'm just not sold on. I don't trust the TB offense, and I don't trust Winston. This is my take. Even Mike Evans had complete duds here and there because of the inconsistency offensively for Tampa.

Another point for AJ Brown - if the Saints go up big. Titans are in must-win mode. You know they'll be throwing if they're down 2+ scores in the second half. Tampa might roll over if HOU goes up big. Nothing to play for.

Defensively it looks like DEN is a popular play but I'm not crazy about it.

The thing is if you are not going to play them this week and you are not in a very deep keeper league there is no reason in the world to pick up Perriman or AJ Brown. This is the last week. You are playing for the Championship this week so you are going BOOM or BUST. That is why you go for the best match up or BOOM!!!! Like Perriman. I would go out and get him and see if he can win you that Championship over those CMC and Lamar. You can go with Sutton and a tougher match up and he gets shut down. Also he has Drew Lock throwing to him while Perriman has Jameis Winston throwing to him who has been on fire.

6 minutes ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

AJ Brown>Sutton>Perriman for me.  And I would go with Denver DST

For what it's worth...

Sutton's targets per game this season - 10, 7, 5, 8. 9. 8. 5. 8. 8. 7. 9. 7. 7. 8

Brown's targets per game this season - 13, 7, 4, 5, 4, 7, 3, 8, 4, 2, 3, 5, 5, 4 (the weeks Tannehill started are bolded)

I like Brown, but it seems like Sutton has gotten consistently more targets than him, even with Tannehill under center. Sutton has a better match-up too. What am I missing? 

14 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

For what it's worth...

Sutton's targets per game this season - 10, 7, 5, 8. 9. 8. 5. 8. 8. 7. 9. 7. 7. 8

Brown's targets per game this season - 13, 7, 4, 5, 4, 7, 3, 8, 4, 2, 3, 5, 5, 4 (the weeks Tannehill started are bolded)

I like Brown, but it seems like Sutton has gotten consistently more targets than him, even with Tannehill under center. Sutton has a better match-up too. What am I missing? 

They are close indeed, I guess you can play the matchup with Sutton. 

Last 4 games Brown: 29 Targets, 20 receptions, 447 yards, 4 touchdowns

Last 4 games Sutton: 30 Targets, 14 receptions, 214 yards, 2 touchdowns.  So Browns been almost 2X as productive with the same amount of targets, and he's in a way better offense, him and Tanny clicking as well.