NBC Sports Edge Forums

So I’m in 500$ buy in ten teamer. Just made the ship and the commish is saying 3 people have yet to pay him. He expects they will and said he’s giving them till Friday.

I don’t expect him to lay out the money if he can’t track these dudes down, but he said if they don’t pay he will possibly have to refund everyone’s money based on what they decide. Saying it’s unfair some would pay and some guys get off without paying.

I told him me and the other guy would split whatever winnings were collected. I understand what he is saying about people complaining that they had to pay and others didn’t, but it’s not like they are losing anything here if dudes don’t pay up, its me and my opponent this week. What’s your guys take on this

3 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

So I’m in 500$ buy in ten teamer. Just made the ship and the commish is saying 3 people have yet to pay him. He expects they will and said he’s giving them till Friday.

I don’t expect him to lay out the money if he can’t track these dudes down, but he said if they don’t pay he will possibly have to refund everyone’s money based on what they decide. Saying it’s unfair some would pay and some guys get off without paying.

I told him me and the other guy would split whatever winnings were collected. I understand what he is saying about people complaining that they had to pay and others didn’t, but it’s not like they are losing anything here if dudes don’t pay up, its me and my opponent this week. What’s your guys take on this

You should definitely split whatever folks have paid and kick the other owners out of the league (for next season). Just pro-rate it based on what he's collected.  Also recommend setting a hard deadline for payment next year and locking anyone's team who doesn't pay before the deadline. 

• Thanks 1

Lol.  Why would all the money be refunded??  That makes no sense.  Pretty easy you and other team in final decides the percentage split of money in the pot.  Anybody that doesn't pay is out of the league next year.  Honestly if your in a league where guys would not pay the 50 you should find another league without deadbeats.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, youngrice said:

Lol.  Why would all the money be refunded??  That makes no sense.  Pretty easy you and other team in final decides the percentage split of money in the pot.  Anybody that doesn't pay is out of the league next year.  Honestly if your in a league where guys would not pay the 50 you should find another league without deadbeats.

that’s exactly what I said the commish said it’s unfair to the other guys who paid but let’s wait and see if these dudes pay. I think it makes zero sense to refund all the money. That’s like banks saying well some people didn’t pay their debts so everyone is now debt free. I’m hoping it works out easy and these dudes just pay up otherwise I’m gonna have to argue this possibly which is ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, youngrice said:

and it is 500 not 50. But still I agree we are all adults here you can’t afford it I understand but don’t play that’s some bs. 

Just now, Nyblazer11235 said:

and it is 500 not 50. But still I agree we are all adults here you can’t afford it I understand but don’t play that’s some bs. 

Ah didn't read fully.  Thought you said 500 pot. My bad. To me the commish even mentioning everybody get their money back as a resolution is shady.  Doubt he would say that if he was in the finals.

• Thanks 1

Not sure how you break down the monies, but whoever wasn't going to be in the paying contention was losing their money anyway. Totally unfair to rip you and the other dude off. Refunding everyone makes no sense.

Especially in a big money league like this, money should be paid up front at the draft!

• Thanks 1