NBC Sports Edge Forums

Toronto Blue Jays 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

You're clearly uneducated on the topic. I'd suggest go doing your research and then the major differences will become clearer to you. 

Clearly. I'll take your suggestion into consideration and get back you. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Pittsburgh resident, it'll be nice to have an MLB team playing here, even if we can't go see them in person.

As a Jays fan, I'm very pleased with what they've accomplished this off season. What was supposed to be a multi year rebuild is already turning the corner in year two. Despite some thinking the rotati

1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

I know there are two hub cities,  but I dont remember hearing about a bubble.

How could there NOT be a bubble?  Why do you think every last NHL team is being placed in one or other of those two cities and banned from any travel otherwise?  Don't you think this is the entire reason they are doing this?  To create two bubbles away from the rest of the world to try and contain the virus?

6 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

How could there NOT be a bubble?  Why do you think every last NHL team is being placed in one or other of those two cities and banned from any travel otherwise?  Don't you think this is the entire reason they are doing this?  To create two bubbles away from the rest of the world to try and contain the virus?

There could not be a bubble the same way there is not a bubble in baseball. I'm not against the bubble. I respect a good bubble. Just didnt know the details of the hubs which I guess are bubbles too.

Edited by duke of queens
3 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

There could not be a bubble the same way there is not a bubble in baseball. I'm not against the bubble. I respect a good bubble. Just didnt know the details of the hubs which I guess are bubbles too.

Yep, you got it.  Hubs = bubbles by definition.

No hubs = no bubbles = baseball.

Baltimore is the next option from what I understand. If they have to go on the road for two months............. drop your bluejays down your draft board.  Either way, this can't  be good for the team - I get the idea of relationship building on the road, but it will wear thin after a several weeks.........

• Like 2

Procrastination gone wild

This should have been figured out months ago. I have nothing but point and laugh sympathy for the Blue Jays. 

Edited by Cdub2k
  • Like 2

Not a good situation. Impossible to predict how it'll effect individual players, though. I would take advantage if the rest of your league is freaking out and devalues Blue Jays too much.

46 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

I saw someone else bring this up on twitter, but why not New Hampshire's Double AA site? Don't they have the hotel and facilities to make this happen; All while having lower Covid numbers than New York.

Why not Buffalo with their far better AAA facilities?  Also everyone entering NH is suppose to self-guarantee for 14 days before entering the state.

2 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

Not a good situation. Impossible to predict how it'll effect individual players, though. I would take advantage if the rest of your league is freaking out and devalues Blue Jays too much.

not too many Jays are even fantasy worthy. Bichette and Vladdy sure, Biggio and LGJ sort of borderline,1-3 dollar players with upside, Ryu and Giles. That’s pretty much it. I personally wouldn’t touch Ryu and Giles could get traded.  It’s actually kind of fortunate the Jays are not expected contenders to this issue.

Edited by KingJoffrey
2 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Procrastination gone wild

This should have been figured out months ago. I have nothing but point and laugh sympathy for the Blue Jays. 

really hard to know that the virus was going to escalate this bad for this long and to a point where Canada was not a viable option.  I think Shapiro et al just assumed an exception would be made for the team to travel to Toronto.

2 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

not too many Jays are even fantasy worthy. Bichette and Vladdy sure, Biggio and LGJ sort of borderline,1-3 dollar players with upside, Ryu and Giles. That’s pretty much it. I personally wouldn’t touch Ryu and Giles could get traded.  It’s actually kind of fortunate the Jays are not expected contenders to this issue.

You must be kidding.  Biggio is a god in OBP leagues and Lourdes could hit 30 homers in a regular season.  Then there is Pearson.  Jansen long term.  Ryu is good.  Do you play in 8 team leagues or what?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Why not Buffalo with their far better AAA facilities? 

The players voiced that they weren't keen on Buffalo, it's very cramped quarters. And in addition to that it isn't outfitted properly/fully for MLB cameras. Would need some quite renovations. I don't blame them for wanting to play at a major league park. Just disappointing the use of PNC Park was denied.

Just now, secretagentman said:

The should just play as the home team at each visitor park they go to (assuming they can work the schedules out). 

It'd be pretty hilarious next week when they have a home/away scheduled with the Nats to have the crowd noise machine fired up for different results in the same stadium immediately following each other.

• Haha 2

Yes to the above and again, Jays I told you so.  Why did you not listen to me.  Add some lights and/or play more day games because we NEED day games.  NOTHING is on TV during the days for the millions that are still at home going stir crazy.

Dan Connolly of The Athletic reports that the Blue Jays will play their home games this season in Buffalo.

The report has been confirmed by various other outlets. The Jays looked into playing in Pittsburgh and Baltimore after they were denied permission to play in Toronto, but ultimately they will have to settle for their Triple-A stadium. Connolly's colleague, Ken Rosenthal, says the Blue Jays are working on lighting issues at Buffalo's park. Their "home" opener is scheduled for July 29.

Source: Dan Connolly on Twitter            Jul 24, 2020, 11:58 AM ET