NBC Sports Edge Forums

Vladimir Guerrero Jr 2020 Outlook

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What’s probably more laughable is quoting a players’ WAR after 89 PAs.

Pretty good for a 20 year old 

You seem to be conflating fantasy and reality. For fantasy, he was way over drafted and will likely be again this season. We agree. For a 20 year-old in the majors, he had a fantastic season, a

Posted Images

On 2/13/2020 at 2:30 PM, hailtoyourvictor said:

Sounds like a lot of people in here won’t be along for the ride with me. 

Cant wait for some Vlad Bomb gifs 

I'll be here as are many Dynasty owners I'm sure.  Just dont think he's a great redraft buy. Wouldn't be my strategy anyway. 3b is historically a position for me that I either grab round 1/2 or just wait until a great value. I'm not super confident he'll bust either, just think theres a lot of breakout needed to earn value on the pick.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • 2 weeks later...

Hit an absolute rocket of a homer against the Pirates today, hoping the leaned down version of Vladdy takes another step this season.

Would still stay away in redrafts at the current price but in a keeper or dynasty I like what I'm seeing from him on the conditioning front going forward.

2 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Can someone please explain to me why he only plays every other game? Seems like he could use the extra work before the season. 

nobody really plays every day in spring, everyone needs to be well rested before the actual season starts 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Not trying to hate (I actually like him a lot) and who knows could just be my eyes, but does not look "leaner" in that clip.  Just my opinion

As a Jays fan and having seen him in person for a week this spring, he is quite leaner than he was last year. This is a fact.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Not trying to hate (I actually like him a lot) and who knows could just be my eyes, but does not look "leaner" in that clip.  Just my opinion

1 hour ago, jonninho said:

As a Jays fan and having seen him in person for a week this spring, he is quite leaner than he was last year. This is a fact.

Someone put that man on a scale so we can settle this!

20 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Just so I'm clear, every time he strikes out this year it's cause he's fat and every HR he hits is good but looks awkward?

People are going to hold his hype and first season against him for his entire career. SOME people. It will be sad.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

People are going to hold his hype and first season against him for his entire career. SOME people. It will be sad.

At the age of 20 last season in the majors after destroying the minor leagues.   Peak years are coming.  Be patient dynasty owners.