NBC Sports Edge Forums

What will you remember most about this year?

What a crazy year.

Zero notable WW rb adds, but instead it was career bust D Parker being the hands down WW pickup of the year with career journeyman fitz leading people to the ship.

Historically great seasons from Lamar, CMC and Mike thomas

For me thou I will never forget Tyler Boyd, who I held throughout the year, absolutely blowing up this past weekend and winning me that ship!

• Like 4
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The terrible advice in this forum  

I will never forget Andrew Luck retiring mid way through our draft. That was shocking. 

Lamar Jackson Playoffs Saquon Chris Godwin Devante Parker Trading Aaron Jones My opponent benching Aaron Jones for Mike Boone in the ‘ship.

It was a weird year for sure. Lamar, CMC, and the pats defense carried some teams. Feels like there were a ton of busts too at the top of the draft, more than normal and worse than normal, like they were useless most of the year.

Kamara, Barkley, DJ, Bell, Gurley, Conner, Beckham, AB, Juju, Kerryon, Mixon, Damien Williams, Adam Thielen, Montgomery.

• Like 1

Drafting one of the worst teams in the history of fantasy but through hardwork and dedication (definitely not luck) got myself a bye and a trip to the final ..to only get blown out by the CMC owner who autodrafted him 3 years ago (keeper league) 

But yeah never give up on your team, have a little patience, and know when you're wrong.. 

• Like 1

Never drafting David Johnson again....
Miami players can actually be good sometimes (Parker / Drake)
Godwin
New England D

Playing the waivers correctly, big ups to this forum and the people help (over)analzying players - keyed in on Waller, Parker, Mostert, New England D, Scary Terry, Tannehill,

Thanks for the great year guys

Was among league leaders in points and missed playoffs while terrible teams made it in. I missed by one game and would have breezed to a title had I made it in. I have two memorable moments though. Watching the rise and fall of Cooper Kupp and David Johnson going from RB1 to JAG in a matter of weeks.

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Was among league leaders in points and missed playoffs while terrible teams made it in. I missed by one game and would have breezed to a title had I made it in. I have two memorable moments though. Watching the rise and fall of Cooper Kupp and David Johnson going from RB1 to JAG in a matter of weeks.

please tell me you don't have divisions. H2H can be a pain enough without stupid divisions

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Lamar Jackson

Playoffs Saquon

Chris Godwin

Devante Parker

Trading Aaron Jones

My opponent benching Aaron Jones for Mike Boone in the ‘ship.

That's the kind of 💩 that pisses me off. Who does that? Apparently your opponent. AJ is just not respected. It's kind of crazy that he didn't make the Pro Bowl and Aaron Rodgers did.

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

please tell me you don't have divisions. H2H can be a pain enough without stupid divisions

No divisions, just harsh luck this year. I had the toughest schedule and got every team it seemed on their best week. It was pretty comical.

• Like 1

Lamar Jackson.  I just felt strongly he was can't miss and that if he could even be decent as a passer he'd have good value.  Never would've imagined in 1,000 years he'd lead the NFL in TD passes.  I mean, he almost could've had a shot to lead the NFL in both TD passes and rushing yardage if a few chips had fallen differently....That's unthinkable.

1 hour ago, Bill_Buckner said:

Not a good year to go 0 RB

I actually won a league with 0 RB which I usually try to avoid at all costs. Drafted Julio, Adams, Ertz, Montgomery (never player him and dropped him), Golladay, DJ Moore, Melvin Gordon, Kyler, and Ekeler in that order. Traded for Joe Mixon and he won me the league. Also dropped Kyler for Josh Allen and then for Fitzpatrick. 

Ekeler was perfect for 0 RB.

Being pissed off every single week for drafting Saquon over CMC, playing him because I had to obviously, and watching him win me the ship.

Shaking in fear every week I saw Lamar, CMC, or Michael Thomas in my opponents' lineup.

Getting laughed at the draft when I made Edelman my WR1 pick, and then watching him finish as the #5 PPR WR.

Passing over Derrick Henry.

Not jumping on Devante Parker because of his track record.

Realizing the importance of saving some FAAB as I was able to make roster pickups in week 15 and 16 to block when all of the other playoff teams had $0.

2 hours ago, Bill_Buckner said:

Not a good year to go 0 RB

I didn’t draft a RB until the 6th round (Lindsay) and just won the championship. 
Also drafted Ekeler in the 8th, so he’s  a major reason I won. 
Having a top TE and not chasing TE points through the wire every week was my best decision by far. 

• Like 1