NBC Sports Edge Forums

Traded Harden away... did I win?

17 minutes ago, flightboy10 said:

Just traded Harden/Rondo away for Shai Alexander + Lamarcus Aldridge + Myles Turner + Lauri Markannen. Who won? 

Harden side 

Depends on the guys you dropped to make up for all those roster spots coming in. If you dropped 3 top 100 guys, then you lost. If you dropped 3 waiver wire bums, I think you barely come out on top. Probably could have done a whole lot  better than 4 top 80 players (like two top 30 guys) in any event

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Depends on the guys you dropped to make up for all those roster spots coming in. If you dropped 3 top 100 guys, then you lost. If you dropped 3 waiver wire bums, I think you barely come out on top. Probably could have done a whole lot  better than 4 top 80 players (like two top 30 guys) in any event

I dropped taurean prince and Enes Kanter lol. Rest my team is Drummond/derozan/Lou/Wiggins/Brandon Clarke/Steven Adams/holiday/TT/ + these 4. Mind you this is a 9 cat, every category matters. Harden was good but the rest of my players weren’t making their weight. Idk we’ll see. 

Hmm....I'm not as hard on you as others may. I am a Shai owner, and if his last three games (which i was kind of hoping he'd be like this whole season) is what he starts to produce regularly, that's top 30 stuff there. LMA, he's old and playing for a Spurs side that for the first time in Pop's life is not that good....i'm not sure Pop knows how to coach an ordinary side, so as long as he's fit, and he's been remarkably durable all his career, he'll still be who he is. 

I traded away Turner 2 weeks ago for Richaun Holmes, which exactly corresponds with him waking up from his 6 week torpor this year into the 3 and D stud i expected him to be...again his last couple of weeks he's been top 25-30 material. Markannen i haven't followed, but he's better than Rondo.

Put it this way, if you get the recent output of the three guys named initially, i think you'll be OK as they are a lot better than whatever the wire would have. Harden is in a class of his own, but your depth has improved (if they maintain their recent form). I tend to think they will, as Turner and Shai were unbelievably poor for a lot of the year so far. You conceded the best player by far, but have at least not given them up for a hill of beans.

FWIW, in our 10-team league, i don't think any coach has won the 'Chip since the 2004-05 season when we first started the league with Harden on the final roster. Yes i know Harden only started playing in 2010.

You know when trades are pretty ridiculous when the views/replies significantly out number the comments. 

Edited by Bugs bunny

Can't tell if everyone's trolling? lol. Assuming he dropped 2 wire pickups. And honestly Rondo is a wire pickup. That makes Harden + 3 wire pickups, for a LA (consistent 2nd rder), Shai (8th rd w/ upside and starting his ascent), Turner (underachieving 5th rder w/ early-rd upside and elite blocks), and Markkanen (another underachiever, still has mid-rd upside). Assuming again he dropped waiver wire dudes, then w/o knowing his team, it's still a safe guess it improve greatly across the board

12 hours ago, Timmy21 said:

Can't tell if everyone's trolling? lol. Assuming he dropped 2 wire pickups. And honestly Rondo is a wire pickup. That makes Harden + 3 wire pickups, for a LA (consistent 2nd rder), Shai (8th rd w/ upside and starting his ascent), Turner (underachieving 5th rder w/ early-rd upside and elite blocks), and Markkanen (another underachiever, still has mid-rd upside). Assuming again he dropped waiver wire dudes, then w/o knowing his team, it's still a safe guess it improve greatly across the board

haha i cant tell either... it does hurt to lose harden though not going to lie.. definitely miss the points/threes/assists but across the board is where I was lacking. As of now, those 4 players have been doing well for me so far. Increase in fg%/blocks/rebounds/turnovers so far. To answer your question, I dropped taurean prince, and enes kanter lol and I do not miss them. Currently in a 12 team league, 9 cat, 3rd place overall.

Current team after trade:

Lou Will

Andrew Wiggins

Aaron Holiday

Shai Alexander

Demar Derozan

Lauri Markannen

Myles Turner

Lamarcus Aldridge

Brandon Clarke

Steven Adams

Tristan Thompson

Andre Drummond

Yahoo: 10-team  H2H League  Current Record:  5-1-0

PG: James Harden , Ja Morant , D. Fox

SG: G. Hayward , K. Middeleton , J.Richardson

SF: Jayson Tatum, TJ Warren , 

PF: Blake Griffin , PJ Tucker

C: Enes Kanter, Steven Adams , R. Gobert

IL: D. Ayton , D.Bertans

TRADE DISCUSSION

I am not getting enough efficiency from PJ Tucker , Blake Griffin and J. Richardson what are your suggestion I am willing to make a trade 

Which position do you consider needs a trade? Any names for recommendation will be really helpfull.

INFO : L.Ball , PJ Washingon , Lamb , Grant ,  Satoransky , E.Gordon are free to pick up at my leauge.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 11:35 AM, Timmy21 said:

I think im starting to not regret the trade.... slowly.... shai has been absolutely beasting and myles is coming through with the blocks. LA is steady and markannen is a still midround with upside. I'm only lacking the 3's at this point but so far so good. just beat my last guy 7-2.