NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2020 Outlook

This guy is going to be one of those polarizing players that can make or break leagues.  On the one hand he's been hurt in 2 of the past 3 years.  But when he's playing he's one of the best players in baseball.   Added bonuses: Stacked lineup. A little bit of steals.

What's the verdict on Judge?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude's about as durable as he is handsome.  Welcome to my DND team.

Coming for the mvp after being robbed by that short guy 

I can’t find a single hitter that underwent resection of the first rib. It’s been fairly common in pitchers for thoracic outlet syndrome and recovery takes about 6 months for them. For a hitter 3 or 4

• tonycpsu changed the title to Aaron Judge 2020 Outlook
1 hour ago, mcdowellstl said:

I honestly think he's going to be a monster.

Draft him at the end of the 2nd, start of the 3rd with confidence.

50 homers, 220 runs/rbis (combined), high OBP.

End of the 2nd? 3rd? What is his ADP? Without looking, i cant imagine he lasts close to 24 and especially 36 (12 team redraft).. 

I'd prefer getting Stanton later on, but similarly to Stanton, I love the potential upside he has. Judge hit 52 HR pre-juiced ball, so theoretically he should have a legitimate shot to be in the 50s again and a small chance to touch 60. Even if he plays 100 games as he has the last few years he's put up very good numbers in that time, enough that it doesn't kill you if he gets hurt. If he stays healthy, you have hit the nuts.

His ADP is hovering around late 2nd / early 3rd which seems fair. I would be ecstatic to pair Trout/Acuna/Yelich with Judge.

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

He’s trying to catch up to Stanton in injury department.  He could be full morphed big stiff by 2022 at this pace.

If that's the case, let's hope the Yankees give him a contract to match Stanton's in the near future.  Although even as a Red Sox fan, it's still a bummer to see these guys get hurt over and over.  It'd be cool to see the full unleashed potential of Stanton & Judge in the same lineup for an entire season, from a baseball perspective.  Always more fun to see the best players competing at their craft IMO.  

Edited by OaksterDan
Typo
  • Like 1

Any have any more info on this shoulder? He had a right shoulder injury on 9/19 of last year. Is this a recurrence of that problem? When I see “not much change” regarding an MRI it makes me think there was a prior MRI and that it showed something (most likely minor but not perfect).

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Any have any more info on this shoulder? He had a right shoulder injury on 9/19 of last year. Is this a recurrence of that problem? When I see “not much change” regarding an MRI it makes me think there was a prior MRI and that it showed something (most likely minor but not perfect).

Yeah that part certainly has me a little more concerned.  It seems like it might not be a big deal or at least they are trying to make it sound that way. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was really hoping to get him in my draft next month but this has turned me off completely. His adp is too high for my taste with the lack of clarity on this MRI report. It's unfortunate to see guys getting hurt so often. As a Sox fan I hate seeing how stacked the Yankees lineup is but I also hate seeing the best players in the game not play. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Mikewastaken said:

I think until now Yankees fans have been willing to give Judge a pass on the injuries but at a certain point the frustration, compounded by what is going on with Stanton, is going to boil over. Health is a skill.

It most certainly is