NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2020 Outlook

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude's about as durable as he is handsome.  Welcome to my DND team.

Coming for the mvp after being robbed by that short guy 

I can’t find a single hitter that underwent resection of the first rib. It’s been fairly common in pitchers for thoracic outlet syndrome and recovery takes about 6 months for them. For a hitter 3 or 4

Well the stiff neck may not be ready for baseball yet two days later.  We will see soon I guess.

The Yankees have yet to decide whether Aaron Judge (neck) will play in Tuesday's intrasquad game.

Judge was feeling better Monday after missing workouts over the weekend with stiffness in his neck. As of Tuesday afternoon, Yankees manager Aaron Boone said the slugger was "getting worked on right now. There should be a decision on his status soon.

Source: Bryan Hoch on Twitter                Jul 14, 2020, 2:39 PM ET

Yep being held out today.

Aaron Judge (neck) took batting practice Tuesday, but he's being held out of the starting lineup for the intrasquad game.

Judge was initially hopeful of returning today. It's his fourth straight day off because of neck stiffness.

Source: Erik Boland on Twitter              Jul 14, 2020, 4:03 PM ET

38 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

He's going to make a lot of people look very foolish. 

I'll say it again, hes a top 5 hitter in the game. And his Injury concerns are way overblown.

This is a borderline first rounder at a massive 

I think the injury concerns are real. He is a massive guy and those guys always seem to tweak something every year. Hope I'm wrong. Love the Judge.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I think the injury concerns are real. He is a massive guy and those guys always seem to tweak something every year. Hope I'm wrong. Love the Judge.

this isn’t always true.. Frank Thomas was a massive dude, 6 5” 275 pounds and stayed relatively healthy.

27 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

He’s injury prone sure, but I don’t think there’s a big a correlation to size and injury proneness that people assume.

judge, stanton, sano, franmil biggest guys that are playing that i can think of. all have had pretty substantial injuries/history

not to mention judge listed at 280 damnnnnn

big difference between 6 5 230 (freeman) and 6 7 280 (judge)

dont want to throw any mlb players playing during roid 90's under the bus but i dont think its fair to compare them to guys today.

9 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

judge, stanton, sano, franmil biggest guys that are playing that i can think of. all have had pretty substantial injuries/history

not to mention judge listed at 280 damnnnnn

big difference between 6 5 230 (freeman) and 6 7 280 (judge)

dont want to throw any mlb players playing during roid 90's under the bus but i dont think its fair to compare them to guys today.

why?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 5:29 PM, mcdowellstl said:

I honestly think he's going to be a monster.

Draft him at the end of the 2nd, start of the 3rd with confidence.

50 homers, 220 runs/rbis (combined), high OBP.

good call

MVP so far

On 7/19/2020 at 10:53 PM, NoHablaIngles said:

He's going to make a lot of people look very foolish. 

I'll say it again, hes a top 5 hitter in the game. And his Injury concerns are way overblown.

This is a borderline first rounder at a massive discount.

Bump.

:)

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe it's "safe" to post here now considering he's out of action - if not I apologize, but I'm very surprised no one has bumped this by now with the DL news.

Without more specifics on his "injury" I'm not sure he's even injured. In a very strange season like this they could be giving him a "break" to preserve him for the playoffs which they're sure they'll make.

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I believe it's "safe" to post here now considering he's out of action - if not I apologize, but I'm very surprised no one has bumped this by now with the DL news.

Without more specifics on his "injury" I'm not sure he's even injured. In a very strange season like this they could be giving him a "break" to preserve him for the playoffs which they're sure they'll make.

Grade 1 calf strain. He's expected back in 8 days because the DL is retro to August 12. 

• Thanks 1