NBC Sports Edge Forums

Christian Yelich 2020 Outlook

1-22 so far not exactly the kind of start us drafting him no1 had envisioned.

Time to pick it up yell boy, fast. In a short season you don't really have time for a slow start. And usually he's a red hot starter.

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They should get paid their worth, whether you think they “need” it or not. The TV deals are in place, and prices at the stadiums aren’t going down. So if Yelich doesn’t get his worth, it stays in the

He's not a money-grubber. He's still making bank and he's happy where he is. Love guys like that. 

FANTASY BASEBALL 101 Chapter 1- How to Lose  -Use extremely small sample sizes that already happened to justify moves instead of using talent/ability and/or predictive metrics to best predic

1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

Don’t worry so much.. the cream rises to the top.. even in a 60 day schedule.

We hope. Much longer of this and there won't be enough time. 

It's easier to digest if the league is h2h and each week exists in a vacuum. The hole he is digging in roto for he and his owners will take some time to climb out of.

Just now, Trifecta said:

We hope. Much longer of this and there won't be enough time. 

It's easier to digest if the league is h2h and each week exists in a vacuum. The hole he is digging in roto for he and his owners will take some time to climb out of.

it’s actually easier for a player to make up for last time in a Roto.. 1 good night and Yelich is back.

I mean on one hand it's been one week and the sample size is dumb.

On the other hand its 10% of the season, so this would normally be the equivalent of a slump 2-2.5x bad.

Getting back to the first hand, what can you do? Nothing. Trading him for a player you deemed worse a week ago is probably dumb.  He's definitely still an elite fantasy player.  Acuna is having a rough start and Trout will be missing a substantial portion of a season due to the birth of his kid, even 3 games is substantial for 2020.  Again, what can you do. It's fantasy baseball and it's a year that will succumb to even more variance.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I mean on one hand it's been one week and the sample size is dumb.

On the other hand its 10% of the season, so this would normally be the equivalent of a slump 2-2.5x bad.

Getting back to the first hand, what can you do? Nothing. Trading him for a player you deemed worse a week ago is probably dumb.  He's definitely still an elite fantasy player.  Acuna is having a rough start and Trout will be missing a substantial portion of a season due to the birth of his kid, even 3 games is substantial for 2020.  Again, what can you do. It's fantasy baseball and it's a year that will succumb to even more variance.

You can't do anything.  You can't even bench him.  We're all just going to have to hope this ship corrects course or we're going down with it.

• 2 weeks later...

He's back. The lineup is the only thing that worries me about him, I can see him being pitched around quite a lot.

Losing Moose and Yaz really puts a big dent in that lineup. Urias and Braun are back now so maybe that makes it a bit less scrubby?

Thinking they really should bat him 2nd now with Keston behind him, and at least give some protection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Don’t see myself drafting yelich in the 1st round next season.

He isn’t the only first rounder to have a bad season so far. Bellinger is barely above .200, Lindor isn’t running, Cole isn’t pitching like a first rounder, Arenado has been average. And it’s not like the second and third rounders have been amazing either. Bregman, Martinez, Scherzer, Buehler, Baez, Marte, Alonso, Springer, Altuve, Torres ...meh. 

Tatis and Bieber will move up but who else can sneak into the first round? Harper? Ramirez? Maybe Freeman? 

I wonder how much will change next season based on the 60 games that will be played because this has been a “season” where the majority of the top 50 guys drafted didn’t live up to their ADP. Go down the list, it’s quite ugly. 

44 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

It’s a good question .. how much to weigh these 60 games against the entire 2019 year.

Trout will be super important next year, hope for the first pick.

A superstar shouldn't go 60 games with being bad.  Bad lineup too.

I wouldn't touch him before the 4th round.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, B&F said:

A superstar shouldn't go 60 games with being bad.  Bad lineup too.

I wouldn't touch him before the 4th round.

The thing I worry about with Yelich is lingering issues from his kneecap injury, but I doubt he drops to the fourth round next year.

I could see him going 20-35 in next year's draft. There's still a chance he turns things around for a mini rally and makes it back to the first round. 

21 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Don’t see myself drafting yelich in the 1st round next season.

Second pick of the first round and he is way below the Mendoza line.

In a Yahoo league, I cannot drop him and would like to free up the space to go after someone that doesn't have 13ks and a .160 avg, 1 RBI, Zero dingers in last 7 days. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story