NBC Sports Edge Forums

Christian Yelich 2020 Outlook

21 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

He isn’t the only first rounder to have a bad season so far. Bellinger is barely above .200, Lindor isn’t running, Cole isn’t pitching like a first rounder, Arenado has been average. And it’s not like the second and third rounders have been amazing either. Bregman, Martinez, Scherzer, Buehler, Baez, Marte, Alonso, Springer, Altuve, Torres ...meh. 

Tatis and Bieber will move up but who else can sneak into the first round? Harper? Ramirez? Maybe Freeman? 

I wonder how much will change next season based on the 60 games that will be played because this has been a “season” where the majority of the top 50 guys drafted didn’t live up to their ADP. Go down the list, it’s quite ugly. 

Short sample sizes. Cole has a 3.20 ERA, he’s pitching like a first rounder. The only ones I see dropping are Altuve (age, hasn’t been stealing for a while), Scherzer (age), Alonso (one-trick pony), Bellinger (two trick pony) and maybe Torres.

No way are Freeman and Harper first rounders.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They should get paid their worth, whether you think they “need” it or not. The TV deals are in place, and prices at the stadiums aren’t going down. So if Yelich doesn’t get his worth, it stays in the

He's not a money-grubber. He's still making bank and he's happy where he is. Love guys like that. 

FANTASY BASEBALL 101 Chapter 1- How to Lose  -Use extremely small sample sizes that already happened to justify moves instead of using talent/ability and/or predictive metrics to best predic

37 minutes ago, MonsterMan said:

Second pick of the first round and he is way below the Mendoza line.

In a Yahoo league, I cannot drop him and would like to free up the space to go after someone that doesn't have 13ks and a .160 avg, 1 RBI, Zero dingers in last 7 days. 

[...]

FANTASY BASEBALL 101

Chapter 1- How to Lose 

-Use extremely small sample sizes that already happened to justify moves instead of using talent/ability and/or predictive metrics to best predict future gains.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

FANTASY BASEBALL 101

Chapter 1- How to Lose 

-Use extremely small sample sizes that already happened to justify moves instead of using talent/ability and/or predictive metrics to best predict future gains.

159 ABs isn't an extremely small sample size. When you pair his performance this year with his injury at the end of 2019, it is not unreasonable to think he drops out of the first round. 

I look at the current top 40-50 hitters in fantasy baseball and none of them jump out to me as being fluky performances. 

14 minutes ago, Rotofan24 said:

159 ABs isn't an extremely small sample size. When you pair his performance this year with his injury at the end of 2019, it is not unreasonable to think he drops out of the first round. 

I look at the current top 40-50 hitters in fantasy baseball and none of them jump out to me as being fluky performances. 

I quoted a guy who gave the stats for the past 7 days. He also only spoke of him being on the can’t drop list. Nothing about first round.

If you’d like to have a different conversation, we can. But you quoted me, yet this has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I quoted a guy who gave the stats for the past 7 days. He also only spoke of him being on the can’t drop list. Nothing about first round.

If you’d like to have a different conversation, we can. But you quoted me, yet this has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

Dropping almost anyone in redraft with less than 2 weeks left in the season is pretty defensible, but I have a hard time believing that Yelich has the worst ROS outlook of any other player on anyone's team.  The Statcast numbers and BABIP suggest he's just hit a rough patch and might need to adjust his approach a bit.  Maybe that doesn't happen in time to help your team, but I'd much rather bench him or spot-start him the rest of the way than see someone behind me in the standings catch him on a heater to close out the season.

• Like 1