NBC Sports EDGE Forums

New York Giants 2020 Outlook

FreakFries

3 hours ago, K197040 said:

I know...after I thought about it, it doesn't make sense.   I just read "8 years under your local pee wee coach".

Sounded like something you'd want to get the authorities involved in.

“Sir. Please take a seat over there.”

The only great coach that was hired the last 10 years is probably Mike Vrabel.

Also, his the only coach thats has beat Belichick twice. His record is 2-0 against him.

So truthfully HC is a crapshoot in the NFL. Its about the talent really more than it is bringing a HC. A talented roster can make mediocre HC an HoF.

• Like 1

McAdoo-Shurmur-Judge  were the coaching hires and gettleman is still the GM

drafted barkley+Jones +kept Eli and traded OBJ+ failed on the o-line rebuild and dismantled the entire defense

WTF are the Mara's and Tisch's doing to this team?🤣

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

I thought Gettleman did try to improve the line.

try being the operative word.

Solder's play isn't worth the money he's receiving.

Zeitler is still a solid player but him being the highest paid guard in the league who will be 30 next season does not exactly inspire confidence.

The only building block they have there is Will Hernandez.

• Like 1

No one has a clue what any of the Giants skill players are worth but Barkley is the only semi-safe bet due to his potential volume+talent.  No one has a clue to the offense they will run or the competency of the HC.

I am avoiding all their skill players unless they fall to the level of being drafted as bench fillers

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

No one has a clue what any of the Giants skill players are worth but Barkley is the only semi-safe bet due to his potential volume+talent.  No one has a clue to the offense they will run or the competency of the HC.

I am avoiding all their skill players unless they fall to the level of being drafted as bench fillers

Daniel Jones top 10 FF QB 2020, heard it here first.

Gettleman has proved that he is clueless and the giants defense will not improve and will continue to be bottom barrel of the league.

On 1/20/2020 at 9:28 AM, fachowski said:

try being the operative word.

Solder's play isn't worth the money he's receiving.

Zeitler is still a solid player but him being the highest paid guard in the league who will be 30 next season does not exactly inspire confidence.

The only building block they have there is Will Hernandez.

The Zeitler for Vernon trade was a steal for the Giants.  Age 30 isn't a big deal...Whitworth was 37 in 2017 when the Giants should have signed him as a FA instead of Brandon Marshall.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:23 PM, pdog109 said:

Daniel Jones top 10 FF QB 2020, heard it here first.

Gettleman has proved that he is clueless and the giants defense will not improve and will continue to be bottom barrel of the league.

If Daniel can cut down on his turnovers he may be a top streamer next season

If the Giants cut these guys they will have 90 million to spend on free agency. Time to get impact players back on the defense! The defense has been terrible for years. They have to make a run on a few top defensive free agents. Personally I think the offense is fine. 

Ogletree 8.25 million cap savings

Ellison 5 million cap savings

Martin 4.8 million cap savings

Bethea 2.75 million cap savings

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fantasymad said:

If the Giants cut these guys they will have 90 million to spend on free agency. Time to get impact players back on the defense! The defense has been terrible for years. They have to make a run on a few top defensive free agents. Personally I think the offense is fine. 

Ogletree 8.25 million cap savings

Ellison 5 million cap savings

Martin 4.8 million cap savings

Bethea 2.75 million cap savings

Agreed, giants defense needs a major overhaul.

Dave Gettleman is solely responsible for dismantling the giants defense and making it be embarrassing and pathetic so much it makes me want to cry.

Giants defense once proud has been reduced to such levels of ineptitude that calling them defense is an insult to actual swiss cheese.

Giants defense can't stop rain with an umbrella.

Giants defense can't tackle a snowman.

Giants defense couldn't cover a wall with paint.

5 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Agreed, giants defense needs a major overhaul.

Dave Gettleman is solely responsible for dismantling the giants defense and making it be embarrassing and pathetic so much it makes me want to cry.

Giants defense once proud has been reduced to such levels of ineptitude that calling them defense is an insult to actual swiss cheese.

Giants defense can't stop rain with an umbrella.

Giants defense can't tackle a snowman.

Giants defense couldn't cover a wall with paint.

The Giants have a defense, didnt gettleman trade them all away in his first year as GM? 😂

• 4 weeks later...

The Giants currently have just $23.2M of their cap space for 2020 allotted to their defense. That’s less than Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald will count against their teams' cap. It's by far the least in the NFL, with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers next on the list at $42.9M.

They need to use almost all of their cap space on improving the defense. Draft either Wirfs or Bekhton to improve the OL and trade down a bit for more draft capital if the opportunity strikes.

Simmons or Young if he slips at 4 are great picks too. They need a complete defensive overhaul.

Edited by fantasymad