NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who are you buying/fading in 2020?

BrianM

9 hours ago, DoYourJob said:

"... If the offense can get back to 100% revolving around him [Zeke], look out."

With Mike McCarthy as HC? Really love him but too often (for me) he wouldn't even show the threat to run on 1st & 10, with the lead or the game very much still in the balance. I mean, perhaps that changes, but.... 

5 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

With Mike McCarthy as HC? Really love him but too often (for me) he wouldn't even show the threat to run on 1st & 10, with the lead or the game very much still in the balance. I mean, perhaps that changes, but.... 

Dak has shown he is not an in his prime  Aaron Rodgers who can bail out poor coaching , I don't see how they dont go back to  leaning heavy on the run game with a healthy dose of pollard

13 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Not sure what to make of Deebo and Kittle next year, amazing players but this offense is crazy run heavy. Maybe they’ll be a bit discounted because of this but they’ll still be heavily involved. 

If Sanders leaves in FA I'll buy Deebo. I don't know about Kittle at his price and TE looks to be deep next year.

21 hours ago, dashoe said:

"... I don't see how they don't go back to leaning heavy on the run game with a healthy dose of Pollard."

Go back? Zeke didn't get his touches under Garrett? ... If more of Zeke is the objective I don't know that Mike McCarthy is who you hire. Something tells me that McCarthy took the past year to really hone his philosophy & playbook. That Dak has had the time to absorb it & has been tested out. That's what's going on... with his QB, not the ballcarrier. I don't think he takes that job if he thinks Dak can at best, be a game manager. A player or two are going to emerge from this offense. My bet is a WR. This is assuming that Mccarthy will have considerable influence over personnel decisions.       

Edited by markrc99

7 hours ago, markrc99 said:

Go back? Zeke didn't get his touches under Garrett? ... If more of Zeke is the objective I don't know that Mike McCarthy is who you hire. Something tells me that McCarthy took the past year to really hone his philosophy & playbook. That Dak has had the time to absorb it & has been tested out. That's what's going on... with his QB, not the ballcarrier. I don't think he takes that job if he thinks Dak can at best, be a game manager. A player or two are going to emerge from this offense. My bet is a WR. This is assuming that Mccarthy will have considerable influence over personnel decisions.       

Zeke's workload has been less relevant in terms of the focus of the offense since 2016. it's the the volume of touches, it's the type of touches he gets in terms of playcalling. Meaning a run up the gut for 1yd vs a  play designed to spring him to the next level or get him in space where he can do damage.

Zeke was not the feature of the offense in 2019 and this is the primary point.

Dallas has been running the ball less and passing more

2019= 42% run plays 8-8 record

2018= 45% run  10-6 record

2017=  partial zeke suspension 

2016=  51% run 13-3 record

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 2

I buy kareem hunt wherever he goes or even if he stays in CLE. he came in last 3rd of the season and showed the league he could produce with his touches outside of KC and on a bad browns offense. Talent like his does not sit on a bench 😉

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, dashoe said:

"Zeke's workload has been less relevant in terms of the focus of the offense since 2016. It's [not] the volume of touches, it's the type of touches he gets in terms of playcalling. Meaning a run up the gut for 1yd vs a play designed to spring him to the next level or get him in space where he can do damage."

Zeke was not the feature of the offense in 2019 and this is the primary point.

Dallas has been running the ball less and passing more

2019= 42% run plays 8-8 record

2018= 45% run  10-6 record

2017=  partial zeke suspension 

2016=  51% run 13-3 record

Regarding Elliott's usage, the data you're relying upon to draw your conclusion may be misleading. Perhaps there's something else, but what you have there is the team ran the ball less & lost more games. Thus, Elliott must've been utilized incorrectly. At Green Bay McCathy would run a base look maybe a handful of times, twice or perhaps three times as much once the weather turned. However, the short game often took on the look of check downs & the screen game. Which may get Elliott the type of touches you're referring to. What may skew things early on are that Elloitt's been a key fixture & they've made him the highest paid RB in NFL history. That, plus Cooper not under contract may limit what McCathy might otherwise do. We'll see, but I won't be shocked to read that they're "preserving" Elliott for a late run & an overhaul at WR. 

Edited by markrc99

11 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Seems like Kareem Hunt, could be a potential fade with this new incident. 

A speeding ticket with marijuana  in the car but  the amount is the equivalent of personal use not a felony and the police are not charging him with possession. That's not enough to fade  his value. The fade would be if the NFL tests him and he fails the drug test.

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

A speeding ticket with marijuana  in the car but  the amount is the equivalent of personal use not a felony and the police are not charging him with possession. That's not enough to fade  his value. The fade would be if the NFL tests him and he fails the drug test.

The marijuana being present and also, another interaction with law enforcement is enough to violate his conditions of reinstatement.

41 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

The marijuana being present and also, another interaction with law enforcement is enough to violate his conditions of reinstatement.

No, that is not an accurate statement.

The citation issued by the police for speeding and the banned substances found in the car could be a reason for the NFL to discipline him under the vague personal conduct policy however it is not a violation of his conditions for reinstatement.  He has already been reinstated for the 2019 season and served his suspension for violating the personal conduct policy for assault. You are conflating things. 

The league is not going to discipline him for speeding and they would have to go through a ridiculous investigation to prove that the marijuana was his since he claimed it was his brothers. So bottom line is the NFL isnt going to do anything. The question is will the Browns use this incident as a reason to trade him or leverage it into a contract full of opt outs for them. 

NFL players should learn how to take Ubers because they get into too much trouble with their cars 😂

Edited by dashoe

On 1/24/2020 at 6:59 PM, dashoe said:

The citation issued by the police for speeding and the banned substances found in the car could be a reason for the NFL to discipline him under the vague personal conduct policy however it is not a violation of his conditions for reinstatement.  He has already been reinstated for the 2019 season and served his suspension for violating the personal conduct policy for assault. You are conflating things. 

The league is not going to discipline him for speeding and they would have to go through a ridiculous investigation to prove that the marijuana was his since he claimed it was his brothers. So bottom line is the NFL isnt going to do anything. The question is will the Browns use this incident as a reason to trade him or leverage it into a contract full of opt outs for them. 

NFL players should learn how to take Ubers because they get into too much trouble with their cars 😂

Would his admission that he wouldn’t pass a drug test complicate this?  I understand it wasn’t under oath, but having this on the police video can’t look good to the NFL

4 hours ago, Loadedbrewer said:

Would his admission that he wouldn’t pass a drug test complicate this?  I understand it wasn’t under oath, but having this on the police video can’t look good to the NFL

Only if the NFL tests him and it comes back positive. 

5 hours ago, Loadedbrewer said:

The NFL can do whatever they want.  Who knows what they will do but they operate by their own rules as Judge, Jury and Executioner. 

On 1/24/2020 at 7:59 PM, dashoe said:

What about the booze Shoe?

3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

What about the booze Shoe?

What about it? The officer used his discretion and didnt ticket him for it.  Booze  is not an illegal substance and he apparently wasnt under the influence. I don't know what the open container laws of CLE are but I'm not sure what the NFL would determine that the officer on the scene didn't. 

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

What about it? The officer used his discretion and didnt ticket him for it.  Booze  is not an illegal substance and he apparently wasnt under the influence. I don't know what the open container laws of CLE are but I'm not sure what the NFL would determine that the officer on the scene didn't. 

Is he supposed to be drinking I think is what I meant?

And the NFL disregarded science during deflategate. They for sure can disregard a police officer's discretion.

• Haha 1