NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eric Ebron 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Jetdog16 said:

Yikes. Not what I wanted to see out of him Week 1 at all. At least something like a 4-40 box score would inspire a lil' confidence. The usage just may not be there for him, however I'm still holding as a bench stash. He was in on 62 percent of the snaps, and if he continues to block well that number could spike. Ebron will absolutely have big games this year. I think it's clear that the floor is lower than anticipated though

Steelers were very sloppy the entire first half. He's a hold for now. Better says are ahead for the offense. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ebron's snap share vis a vis another TE will always be misleading because Ebron doesn't block.  He's a pass-catching-only TE, more or less, who will be on the sideline some for running plays.  Often h

He had an injured hand.  Which is odd because it's hard to hurt stone.

TD dependent with a great sked with Ben throwing to him. If the Steelers get into the RZ then he's always a threat for a TD, but he'll have his bust weeks like pretty much every other TE not named Kel

1 hour ago, JAG_challam said:

I put in a waiver claim to drop Ebron and pick up Thomas. I want a better floor for a TE2 who likely only sees my lineup once this year.

Man Ill take the former 1st round pick who scored double digit TD 2 years ago with the HOF QB throwing to him over a journeyman 29 year old converted QB with a very green 2nd year QB throwing to him but that's just me.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Man Ill take the former 1st round pick who scored double digit TD 2 years ago with the HOF QB throwing to him over a journeyman 29 year old converted QB with a very green 2nd year QB throwing to him but that's just me.

As I said, this is my bench TE who will likely get used once. Weeks rise and fall, certainly - but to contrast your statement - I'll take the floor of an 8 target TE who's QB is willing to look his way and throw him the ball then the floor of a 2 target TE who Ben never looked at.

Just now, JAG_challam said:

As I said, this is my bench TE who will likely get used once. Weeks rise and fall, certainly - but to contrast your statement - I'll take the floor of an 8 target TE who's QB is willing to look his way and throw him the ball then the floor of a 2 target TE who Ben never looked at.

I don't think you can define a floor by one game

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

I don't think you can define a floor by one game

Of course you can't - if you could we would all win our leagues every year. All I can do is make assumptions and educated guesses - same as you. And in this particular instance, one of us will be correct and one of us will not :)

26 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Graham is on the Bears not Green Bay.  He could still out TD Ebron - tough call

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of people sleeping on Ebron. His snap count jumped to 70-75% after week one. I think he’s a better play than Hayden Hurst who’s only getting about 62% of snaps. Ebron has a much better matchup also. He also has an extremely easy schedule for a TE. Seems like a lot of people forget how much he was blowing up with the Colts when he wasn’t injured.

He might be one of the top waiver adds next week

Edited by Uncle_Ruckus
On 10/7/2020 at 12:29 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

I haven't paid him enough attention. Anyone know his snap % and routes? I thought that McD was almost in a timeshare with him??

Ebron's snap share vis a vis another TE will always be misleading because Ebron doesn't block.  He's a pass-catching-only TE, more or less, who will be on the sideline some for running plays.  Often he'll appear to be the "second" TE while getting 6 or 7 targets while the "first" TE gets 1 to 3.  Frankly he can beast on 50% snaps.  In 2018, he was the second TE behind Doyle.  Doyle was injured a lot that year so they played only 5 games together and Doyle played more snaps in those. But in those five games as the "second" TE, Ebron scored SIX touchdowns!

In any event though, Ebron has had much more snap share than McDonald and has double the targets. And this is his first year in the offense. Coming off a bye, the arrow points up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Ebron's going to Tonyan the Eagles this week just like Kittle did last Sunday.

I don’t want to be greedy.

I’ll gladly take 8 targets, 5 for 64 and a TD.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Ebron's snap share vis a vis another TE will always be misleading because Ebron doesn't block.  He's a pass-catching-only TE, more or less, who will be on the sideline some for running plays.  Often he'll appear to be the "second" TE while getting 6 or 7 targets while the "first" TE gets 1 to 3.  Frankly he can beast on 50% snaps.  In 2018, he was the second TE behind Doyle.  Doyle was injured a lot that year so they played only 5 games together and Doyle played more snaps in those. But in those five games as the "second" TE, Ebron scored SIX touchdowns!

In any event though, Ebron has had much more snap share than McDonald and has double the targets. And this is his first year in the offense. Coming off a bye, the arrow points up. 

I'd say that is pretty good for a backup.