NBC Sports Edge Forums

Calvin Ridley 2020 Outlook

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best case scenario: Ridley’s foot feels 100% immediately and he doesn’t even miss a practice. Worst case scenario: Ridley’s experiences complications that ultimately lead to his death. Most

Julio being one of the best WRs of all time + him still being in the back-end of his prime isn't a detractor at all as you're framing it. They consistently bracket Julio with a safety over the top + o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

Probably an overreaction, but... I definitely also thought the video didn't look good 😂

There is a couple others on Twitter of him running and I didn’t think it looked great. He looked to be slowing down very gingerly and even the cuts weren’t super crispy.. which is obviously expected when running routes for the first time with a foot sprain. 

I need him this week as much as anyone and I wish I didn’t think this.. but honestly if I am gauging his availability off those videos alone, I don’t think he’s going this week. 

Even if he does play I think I'm gonna fade him.  Typically I'm a pretty staunch "start your studs" guy, but I have a weird feeling about this one.  Also helps that I can hedge and also start Julio on the same team.

30 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Even if he does play I think I'm gonna fade him.  Typically I'm a pretty staunch "start your studs" guy, but I have a weird feeling about this one.  Also helps that I can hedge and also start Julio on the same team.

i lol’d

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

First week off of a multi-week injury, especially without optimism around the recovery, is certainly a worth exception.

1 hour ago, claig34 said:

that seems less optimistic 

I'm not getting the same thing from that Falcons article that FP is,it doesn't say anything about his foot not improving. It just says his practice participation hasn't improved today (still limited)

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-injury-report-no-improvement-for-calvin-ridley-as-saints-game-nears

Falcons injury report: No improvement for Calvin Ridley as Saints game nears: Ridley remains limited in the Falcons' most recent injury report

For the second straight day, Falcons receiver Calvin Ridley was able to practice in a limited fashion. Any participation for Ridley, who is dealing with a foot injury, should be viewed as a good sign. Ridley missed Atlanta's last game against Denver, and it appears there's a chance that's the only game he misses.

Edited by b_23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, b_23 said:

I'm not getting the same thing from that Falcons article that FP is,it doesn't say anything about his foot not improving. It just says his practice participation hasn't improved today (still limited)

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-injury-report-no-improvement-for-calvin-ridley-as-saints-game-nears

Honestly it’s a good example of how even a small amount of information can be misleading with just a slight tweaking of the wording. I agree with you—the lack of improvement is in terms of his official status and makes no comments whatsoever on the status of his foot injury itself. The fact that he’s limited again today is perfectly reasonable, as one potential outcome could have been that he was limited yesterday, his foot didn’t respond, and he’s out today or rehabbing. It’s basically non-news clickbait from Fantasy Pros (shocker).

• Like 3

I liked their opinion part of the post

"The website alleges that any participation is viewed as a good sign"

Yeah, allegedly practicing is better than not practicing. But that has not been proven or confirmed. Their guys must've gone to the same blurb writing school as Rotoworld's 

1 hour ago, jpark211 said:

Hopefully not decoy szn...

Seems like that would be silly.  ATL has no chance in NFC south, why rush back a guy who is likely the cornerstone of your office next few years.  If he passes pre-game warm up, he's not likely a decoy.  Always risk of re-injury, but I think you have to play him if he plays.

19 hours ago, aapox said:

First week off of a multi-week injury, especially without optimism around the recovery, is certainly a worth exception.

Last week was their bye, so it's technically not a multi-week thing at this point, but yeah he probably wouldn't have played last week.

1 hour ago, rigadoog said:

Last week was their bye, so it's technically not a multi-week thing at this point, but yeah he probably wouldn't have played last week.

I hear what you're saying but to me multi-week injury is more important/relevant to time than games missed when it comes to 'first-game-back-expectations'