NBC Sports Edge Forums

Calvin Ridley 2020 Outlook

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best case scenario: Ridley’s foot feels 100% immediately and he doesn’t even miss a practice. Worst case scenario: Ridley’s experiences complications that ultimately lead to his death. Most

Julio being one of the best WRs of all time + him still being in the back-end of his prime isn't a detractor at all as you're framing it. They consistently bracket Julio with a safety over the top + o

Posted Images

Calvin Ridley tweaked his left ankle during the second half. He limped off the field, but the trainers didn’t seem overly concerned. Ridley quickly reentered the game, so let’s assume he’ll be just fine going forward.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, BornandbredHeel said:

It's mostly due to the TD's, which cannot be predicted

I briefly tried to back into his analysis. I think the 5 weeks he's counting as Julio left game/out are 2, 3, 4, 5, and 12?

Week 2 : 7-109-2

Week 3 : 5-110-0

Week 4 : 0

Week 5 : 8-136-0

Week 12 : 6-50-1

He's leaving a week out, because Ridley has played 11 games(his analysis is using 10 games). I'm thinking the Ridley game he's leaving out is week 8 where Ridley got hurt and left the game early. If that's the case the real reason he's so much lower as a fantasy scorer(WR19) when Julio is out is just the weird outlier goose egg game dragging his average down. He has scored almost 50% of his TDs in games Julio missed or left. I'm thinking there is not really that big of a disparity and Ridley is pretty much always a fantasy stud this season, Julio or not.

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

I briefly tried to back into his analysis. I think the 5 weeks he's counting as Julio left game/out are 2, 3, 4, 5, and 12?

Week 2 : 7-109-2

Week 3 : 5-110-0

Week 4 : 0

Week 5 : 8-136-0

Week 12 : 6-50-1

He's leaving a week out, because Ridley has played 11 games(his analysis is using 10 games). I'm thinking the Ridley game he's leaving out is week 8 where Ridley got hurt and left the game early. If that's the case the real reason he's so much lower as a fantasy scorer(WR19) when Julio is out is just the weird outlier goose egg game dragging his average down. He has scored almost 50% of his TDs in games Julio missed or left. I'm thinking there is not really that big of a disparity and Ridley is pretty much always a fantasy stud this season, Julio or not.

Also week 4 Ridley was injured AND shadowed by Jaire.

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Also week 4 Ridley was injured AND shadowed by Jaire.

So in the games in which Julio was out or left early (not counting the game he was shutdown by the best CB this year) he averaged almost 13 standard ppg and almost 19 ppr pts per game. 

Seems to me his numbers might be better without Julio. Just saying.

Yeah I think the big thing to look at with Julio in/out when analyzing Ridley's production is how it effects the CB matchups. You'll see a bigger hit in situations like against GB when Ridley is getting shadowed by an elite CB like Jaire, instead of having the benefit of Julio there to take that shadow coverage. So in matchups like that, I think it slightly hurts Ridley...but if that's not the case then I think I'd rather have no Julio.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, yanksman said:

31 year old Casey Hayward or 31 year old Chris Harris Jr. Im not worried.

Agreed, both used to be great but have struggled a bit this year. Either way he was probably getting the same coverage if Julio was playing since they haven't used either one as a true shadow corner.