NBC Sports Edge Forums

Calvin Ridley 2020 Outlook

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best case scenario: Ridley’s foot feels 100% immediately and he doesn’t even miss a practice. Worst case scenario: Ridley’s experiences complications that ultimately lead to his death. Most

Julio being one of the best WRs of all time + him still being in the back-end of his prime isn't a detractor at all as you're framing it. They consistently bracket Julio with a safety over the top + o

Posted Images

He looked healthy but I think Alexander was shadowing him after Julio went down. Ridley is really good but when he is the main passing option teams will be able to take him away and force Ryan to dink and dump to other random targets. Ridley doesn't have the physicality or athleticism to overcome double teams. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ridley is not a top 10 WR. He’s not built to be that dominant force and can’t regularly put up big numbers without Julio taking away coverage. People were really saying he’s better than Cooper smh. Cooper is a true #1 who’s built for it. Ridley is meant to be the Robin, not the Batman. 

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Ridley is not a top 10 WR. He’s not built to be that dominant force and can’t regularly put up big numbers without Julio taking away coverage. People were really saying he’s better than Cooper smh. Cooper is a true #1 who’s built for it. Ridley is meant to be the Robin, not the Batman. 

Is this what Godwin was last year? Or Kupp and Thielen? 

Just now, BIGFATPANDA said:

Fools gold

Is that what you thought of Mixon? This is the first game they didnt get him the ball, if he had that long TD people wouldn't be as worried. Ryan looked terrible in the pocket, and the schedule becomes significantly easier. He's a buy low

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Is that what you thought of Mixon? This is the first game they didnt get him the ball, if he had that long TD people wouldn't be as worried. Ryan looked terrible in the pocket, and the schedule becomes significantly easier. He's a buy low

No Julio to draw the best corners... he’s not an alpha. Just sayin be cautious. He’s not WR 1 like everybody thinks he is. 

he’s good. Just not that good mid range WR 2

• Haha 2

Ryan just flat out missed him or threw it late or inaccurately too many times.  Wide open in the corner of the end zone and Ryan didn't even look his way.  Beat the defense on another play in the end zone but Ryan threw it really late and allowed the defender to catch up and bat it away.

Matt Ryan was abysmal tonight and it felt like the game was too fast for him to adequately process.  I'm not saying Ridley was open every play, but you can't blame him for not seeing the field and not making timely, accurate throws.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

No Julio to draw the best corners... he’s not an alpha. Just sayin be cautious. He’s not WR 1 like everybody thinks he is. 

he’s good. Just not that good mid range WR 2

Jaire alexander is a top 5 man to man corner and guarded him most of the night, i dont think you can expect these 30 pt games from him, but I still value him as a low end WR1 and high end if Julio comes back soon

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Is this what Godwin was last year? Or Kupp and Thielen? 

Kupp can’t produce as a #1 either. Godwin is a beast who can play the X, Y, or Z position. Ridley plays outside only and excels more so on deep throws but Godwin is a better possession WR despite the fact he’s not big. 

13 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Kupp can’t produce as a #1 either. Godwin is a beast who can play the X, Y, or Z position. Ridley plays outside only and excels more so on deep throws but Godwin is a better possession WR despite the fact he’s not big. 

I dont care what they do on the field, the number 2 guy has turned into a PPR monster. Kupp was a WR1 for majority of last season, same with Kupp. Thielen had 100 yds a game and was a top 7 WR for the season and now im being told it cant happen with a team who has one of the worst defenses in the league and a washed RB and hurt WR1. I care about usage and target share. Today was an outlier

Not worried about Ridley but disappointed. I thought he could be an elite WR1, but I think I'm adjusting to low-end WR1 after this. He's awesome but seems better suited for #2 role in an offense where he's virtually unguardable in 1 on 1 because of his elite route running. He's gone catchless for virtually 6 quarters with more coverage being shaded his way without Julio on the field much. I was very hopeful after the first half against the Bears but it seems like teams have adjusted. 

He kind of reminds me of prime TY Hilton, the difference being prime TY had Luck who was willing to force the ball to him no matter what. Matty Ice does not force the ball but prefers to check down to whoever was planned to be more open pre-snap. On top of that, the OC made no effort to force feed Ridley. Maybe I'm wrong and it was just because he was hobbled, guess we'll see. Still an awesome player and absolute steal wherever you drafted him.

8 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Are you talking about the same Amari Cooper that averaged just 42 yards a game on the road across 15 games in 2018 and 2019 and so far has 67 fewer yards on the road in 2020?

If you're going to argue that Ridley isn't a true #1, at least offer an example of someone that is.

• Haha 1
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic