NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2020 Outlook

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys draft and then swap half your teams before the season even starts. Clearly need another hobby to occupy your time

Covers if you had him or played against him: 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter

Posted Images

[...] taysom hill was a death kneel to kamara owners. all my homies hate taysom hill and sean payton. payton gonna do whatever it takes to make taysom look good so he looks like a genius. vultured and no targets. td dependent now. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
19 minutes ago, umphrey said:

Hopefully Brees can come back in time for FF playoffs?

Doesn’t look like it they aren’t going to rush Brees..most people start playoffs the Philly game which Taysom will probably be starting that game as well. 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Taysom is not the issue.

Brees being out is the issue. Kamara was garbage last year without Brees, too. He is Brees reliant - doesn't matter who the backup QB is.

Scary thought for a 1st round pick that your fantasy success is tethered to the health of a 40+ year old QB.

• Like 3
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Taysom is not the issue.

Brees being out is the issue. Kamara was garbage last year without Brees, too. He is Brees reliant - doesn't matter who the backup QB is.

There are a lot of factors in play: No Brees, MT is back, Saints D is lights out right now, possible foot injury.

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

[...] taysom hill was a death kneel to kamara owners. all my homies hate taysom hill and sean payton. payton gonna do whatever it takes to make taysom look good so he looks like a genius. vultured and no targets. td dependent now. 

Payton is going to do what it takes for the Saints to have the best opportunity to win games. I love how fantasy owners create this narrative that a coach is trying to make himself look smart when there is the no1 seed on the line. 

And I’m a frustrated Kamara owner, as well. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Taysom is not the issue.

He was TD reliant last year, not Brees reliant. He scored 32pts in half PPR in his first game without Brees. He just didn’t score TDs in the next three games before spraining his ankle and missing a couple of games. He also caught 25 passes on 28 targets in his four games with Bridgewater. 

Taysom is mostly the issue because he doesn’t even look Kamara’s way in the passing game. Even wide open, Kamara is passed over so Hill can force a ball deeper down the field. 

And tbh, we should have all expected this to happen today. This was a game that had Murray written all over it. We had to know the Saints were going to win comfortably and lean more on Murray to salt the game away rather than put more on Kamara, who is dealing with foot issues. Hindsight and all that, but I almost sat Kamara for Murray in one of my leagues, but I was hoping Taysom would find AK more in the passing game. I should have gone with my guy. 

The issue is Payton thinks Murray is the better fit with Hill. Hill also looked terrible vs DEN today. He looked really scared to throw the ball and struggled reading coverages 

Edited by affliction

First thing is first, Denver has a pretty solid defense against the run, tayson Hill was super predictable, every time AK was in, the defense knew they had to either watch the little screen or Hill running it as he was doing nothing in the passing game. Latavius Murray did a lot of his damage near the end of the game when the Denver defense was already gassed. I think everyone is overreacting about this, seeing as they didn't really need to use kamara to win this game as the Denver broncos couldn't get past the 50-yard line, the Saints have a good record. if Kamara does have a little foot tweak they can use him sparingly here and there. The reality is with Drew Brees out and hurting, they can't afford to run AK into the ground. This team is thinking only about playoffs as this will likely be Brees' last year. I need to see one more game against a team that could make it somewhat competitive to start freaking out. If he doesn't do anything next week, I'm almost hoping they just sit him because I have Latavius Murray as well and it seems he's a better fit with Hill and what Sean Payton wants to do right now. 

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Well, isn’t he right?

Hard to say. Kamara looked good on almost every run yesterday. He just didn't get the opportunities, nor did Hill even look his way when Kamara was open multiple times underneath. If Kamara had been given the carry on Murray's first TD, he would have scored, too. I don't believe Murray was even touched, though he did make a nice cut to the right to run through the parting of the orange sea. 

Edited by Flyman75
11 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

He was TD reliant last year, not Brees reliant. He scored 32pts in half PPR in his first game without Brees. He just didn’t score TDs in the next three games before spraining his ankle and missing a couple of games. He also caught 25 passes on 28 targets in his four games with Bridgewater. 

Taysom is mostly the issue because he doesn’t even look Kamara’s way in the passing game. Even wide open, Kamara is passed over so Hill can force a ball deeper down the field. 

And tbh, we should have all expected this to happen today. This was a game that had Murray written all over it. We had to know the Saints were going to win comfortably and lean more on Murray to salt the game away rather than put more on Kamara, who is dealing with foot issues. Hindsight and all that, but I almost sat Kamara for Murray in one of my leagues, but I was hoping Taysom would find AK more in the passing game. I should have gone with my guy. 

Don't care about PPR. Kamara was useless in standard last year. The PPR, free stars for using the potty league rules shouldn't count when analyzing player effectiveness. Any dweeb on the offense can catch 5-7 passes - doesn't mean they're a superstar.  

Don't care about PPR. Kamara was useless in standard last year. The PPR, free stars for using the potty league rules shouldn't count when analyzing player effectiveness. Any dweeb on the offense can catch 5-7 passes - doesn't mean they're a superstar.  

Don't care about standard. Kamara wasn't useless in half PPR or PPR. You don't like leagues that give points for the skill of catching a football...that's cool for you. Doesn't make you right, lol. But that's a discussion for another thread. 

Even still, you remain incorrect about him being Brees-reliant last year. He was TD reliant. He put up 161 yards and 2 TD in his first game with Bridgewater as the starting QB. The next two games, he put up 89 and 104 total yards but didn't score. Then in his 4th game with Bridgewater as the starter, he put up 66 yards before leaving the game with a high ankle sprain. So...the TDs were missing. He wasn't reliant on Brees. 

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Don't care about standard. Kamara wasn't useless in half PPR or PPR. You don't like leagues that give points for the skill of catching a football...that's cool for you. Doesn't make you right, lol. But that's a discussion for another thread. 

Even still, you remain incorrect about him being Brees-reliant last year. He was TD reliant. He put up 161 yards and 2 TD in his first game with Bridgewater as the starting QB. The next two games, he put up 89 and 104 total yards but didn't score. Then in his 4th game with Bridgewater as the starter, he put up 66 yards before leaving the game with a high ankle sprain. So...the TDs were missing. He wasn't reliant on Brees. 

The TDs would have come had Brees been there, and not s---y Bilgewater. Obviously TDs are more frequent with a better quarterback. Your argument makes no sense. Every player is TD dependent if you have a trash QB at the helm - the offense doesn't move and you hope for an end zone dive. 

9 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

People care about your league as little as you care about theirs, but we still have to find some common ground to discuss players here. Fact is more people play PPR(.5 or full) than standard these days. Is Kamara even a 1st round pick in standard? Seems very unsurprising his value takes a big hit in that scoring system.

The TDs would have come had Brees been there, and not s---y Bilgewater. Obviously TDs are more frequent with a better quarterback. Your argument makes no sense. Every player is TD dependent if you have a trash QB at the helm - the offense doesn't move and you hope for an end zone dive. 

Maybe. They didn't come with Brees until the last couple of games last year. He didn't score a TD from weeks 10-15, all with Brees running the show. And of course my argument makes sense...you just don't like the fact that I've proven you wrong. You have nothing left but to lash out. That's cool, though. I'm in a good mood, so I'm not triggered like you. Lol. 

But you believe as you believe, and I believe as I believe. So I'll let this argument die and let the facts speak for themselves. Have a good day. 

• Like 3