NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2020 Outlook

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys draft and then swap half your teams before the season even starts. Clearly need another hobby to occupy your time

Covers if you had him or played against him: 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter

Posted Images

From what ive read. Brees is hopeful to return as fast as possible which would be week 14. However week 15 seems to be the most realistic return time but also the latest. He is apparently making good progress. If the Saints continue to win they might be hesitant to bring him back early but I would also imagine that brees wants to get back out there as fast as he can. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Check ... the sooner the better. Two weeks of Taysom I have had enough.

Taysom sucks, Payton forced to play him by owner to justify that contract they gave him instead of going with the more traditional pocket passer in Jameis .  all pass catchers will suffer to varying extent until Brees comes back or be inconsistent.

Lat Murray and Taysom are doing ok due to the constant rushing, but Cook, Sanders and Kamara are cooked with this bumb.  Thomas will be inconsistent depending on matchup as we've seen last two weeks.

At least  for Thomas , Taysom is a one read QB and targets him more than anyone else.  Taysom couldn't even complete screen passes to Kamara.

Edited by JetsAwesome
8 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Maybe. They didn't come with Brees until the last couple of games last year. He didn't score a TD from weeks 10-15, all with Brees running the show. And of course my argument makes sense...you just don't like the fact that I've proven you wrong. You have nothing left but to lash out. That's cool, though. I'm in a good mood, so I'm not triggered like you. Lol. 

But you believe as you believe, and I believe as I believe. So I'll let this argument die and let the facts speak for themselves. Have a good day. 

It was discussed earlier in this thread at the beginning of the year: Kamara's yardage and reception totals last year were pretty close to the norm, it was the TDs that were missing.

22 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

Taysom sucks, Payton forced to play him by owner to justify that contract they gave him instead of going with the more traditional pocket passer in Jameis .  all pass catchers will suffer to varying extent until Brees comes back or be inconsistent.

Lat Murray and Taysom are doing ok due to the constant rushing, but Cook, Sanders and Kamara are cooked with this bumb.  Thomas will be inconsistent depending on matchup as we've seen last two weeks.

At least  for Thomas , Taysom is a one read QB and targets him more than anyone else.  Taysom couldn't even complete screen passes to Kamara.

I’m sure Payton was the one to make the call to pay him. 

1 hour ago, coleworld7 said:

Well the silver lining, if there is any, is that brees is scheduled to be back week15 atleast right in time for playoffs if you guys win ur first round or secured a bye

Man all I can hope for, luckily my 1st rd bye is basically locked up

This was quoted from The Athletic in the Brees thread. If Brees really isn’t back until the postseason, that could spell disaster for us Kamara owners in our playoff pushes. 

“Brees is incredibly tough and incredibly determined, but Week 15 still seems too quick considering all of the damage he has to recover from. He fractured nearly half of his ribs and suffered a punctured lung. If the Saints are in a solid playoff position I believe they will be extra cautious with him. The longer he has to rest the better he will perform in the playoffs and the lower his risk of re-injury.

According to our algorithm his injuries won’t fully heal until after the regular season. Playing through one rib fracture is painful, but playing through multiple rib fractures is a whole different kind of pain. Something as simple as breathing or coughing hurts a lot at first, so just imagine running or throwing, then being able to take a hit. Brees needs more time to get back to functioning like a normal person. Then he can worry about returning to football. It’s going to be at least a few more weeks. Week 16 or 17 is a good target, but even then his Injury Risk will be high."

I assume most here also own Murray? I can't figure out who to start myself. It's hard to start them both as its unlikely they both go off enough for a high score. I can't believe Taysom is making me even think of benching a healthy Kamara. Small sample size though, hopefully Taysom realizes he can dump off to one of the best weapons in football soon

10 hours ago, zorndogs said:

I assume most here also own Murray? I can't figure out who to start myself. It's hard to start them both as its unlikely they both go off enough for a high score. I can't believe Taysom is making me even think of benching a healthy Kamara. Small sample size though, hopefully Taysom realizes he can dump off to one of the best weapons in football soon

I own both, I'm still starting Kamara over Murray.  Although I'm concerned for Kamara overall, I see last week's game vs Denver as a bit of a fluke since the Saints didn't need Kamara at all to win that game.

If it helps, I'm still benching Murray for Drake and Montgomery in a 0.5 PPR.  Depending on your options it could be reasonable to start both Kamara and Murray.  Murray should be locked in for 10-15 touches.  You could do worse than Murray.

25 minutes ago, USWAY said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30461086/source-drew-brees-improving-fractured-ribs-progressing-return-new-orleans-saints

Oh thank jesus. Brees looking probable for Week 14. It's no guarantee, but at least means he should definitely be back for week 15. 

Thank you god. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, USWAY said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30461086/source-drew-brees-improving-fractured-ribs-progressing-return-new-orleans-saints

Oh thank jesus. Brees looking probable for Week 14. It's no guarantee, but at least means he should definitely be back for week 15. 

You mean thank Breesus. Kamara, Kamara, I love you Kamara, you're only a weeeeeeeek away!

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, umphrey said:

I too want Brees back but Taysom was better last week

Yes he was better because he had 7 catches compared to the 2 and 1 catch games before. But a still rib cage tender Brees would be very nice.

They wouldn’t have Brees back unless he was healthy enough to be effective.. but he also wouldn’t want to be getting smacked, so a 9 catch type game would be on the dockett for this dude.