Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys draft and then swap half your teams before the season even starts. Clearly need another hobby to occupy your time

Covers if you had him or played against him: 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter

Posted Images

Let's go! Kamara's ceiling and floor are so much higher with Brees funneling the passing attack through him. Even though I feel like we've realized the last few weeks Hill with Kamara wasn't that bad, the first two weeks AK was just clearly nursing an injury. Glad to have Brees back. Hoping AK has a great game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Dead serious, if you're setting the over/under for receptions 9.5? 10.5? How high would you go? He's going to get fed targets all game. 


Without looking I’d guess Vegas would have him at his O/U on catches at like 7.. and I would bet my house on the over.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:


Without looking I’d guess Vegas would have him at his O/U on catches at like 7.. and I would bet my house on the over.

Before the game, Kamara is going to tell Brees "If you don't pass it to me I'm gonna break the rest of your ribs."

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the one hand, Kamara had a great game.  On the other hand, Hill and Murray once again siphoned off potential TDs and capped Kamara's upside.  I was expecting at least 9-10 targets though with Thomas out.

Edited by ZappB
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chiefs played him really differently than most - Sorensen was manning up on him a lot, that's how much respect he was commanding. Brees took a while to get going but I hope the Vikings don't deploy that same strategy next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trilly said:

The Chiefs played him really differently than most - Sorensen was manning up on him a lot, that's how much respect he was commanding. Brees took a while to get going but I hope the Vikings don't deploy that same strategy next week.


its amazing this isnt how every team plays kamara. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea why Murray takes so many snaps away? Coming out of half Murray was in 3 straight plays. Kamara came in one, then Murray came right back in for the big screen TD. I also can’t understand why Sanders was on sideline oftentimes even with MT out and Smith getting injured.

 

Payton made some baffling decisions. The choice not to go for onside at the end was also bone headed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cgu112 said:


its amazing this isnt how every team plays kamara. 


It was risky. If you take away a target, Brees can usually find the other guy. They were probably banking on Brees being rusty. Which he was, but he still managed to lead four TD drives. 
 

The good news is, with the division still not clinched, Payton will probably lean on Kamara next week to get the job done. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Paper said:


It was risky. If you take away a target, Brees can usually find the other guy. They were probably banking on Brees being rusty. Which he was, but he still managed to lead four TD drives. 
 

The good news is, with the division still not clinched, Payton will probably lean on Kamara next week to get the job done. 


doesnt seem that risky to take away kamara’s easy/ shorter catches (which he takea 20-30+ yds often) and make jared cook and emmanuel sanders beat you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cincythunder said:

i cant help but feel so hesitant about him next year. Bress is getting up with age and Hill destroys his value. I think we were lucky to have him this year, probably his best fantasy year he will ever have. 


Kamara caught 7 passes from Taysom against the Eagles. And if Taysom is the QB next year, there’s zero chance Kamara isn’t used in the passing game. Give them a full summer and a full camp together, and there will be a connection. It’s part of the offense, and Payton isn’t going to allow Kamara to be completely ignored the way he was in those first three games. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...