NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2020 Outlook

Payton likes to use all the tricks up his sleeve, but when they get down and actually have to play serious in the 4th, it's just Kamara. With the Saints trying to clinch the division and the Vikes trying to keep slim playoff hopes alive, I think Friday's X-Mas game could be a hugee Kamara-Cook game. It'd benefit the Saints to lock in a win because that would clinch the division for them since they beat TB twice. They have a shot to take the bye too, though the Packers hold that tie breaker and a game in hand so that'll be tough.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys draft and then swap half your teams before the season even starts. Clearly need another hobby to occupy your time

Covers if you had him or played against him: 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Neogin said:

So, is Kamara still washed up? He only salvaged 6 touchdowns. /s

He is awesome when Brees plays and against practice squad defenders like Minnesota had tonight.

Kudos to Sean Peyton for running up the score on the helpless Vikings and leaving Kamara in to rack up stats in a blowout. His owners should be pleased. That was the best fantasy performance I think I've seen in my life. Never remember seeing 150 rushing and 6 TDs.

Hell of a Xmas present for the Kamara owners.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

I believe 53.2 is the second highest fantasy scoring in standard of all time.  

congrats AK 41 👏👏👏

and owners...

You are correct. Only Clinton Portis has had a higher score in standard with a whopping 55.4 points on 12/7/03.

The highest score in a single game with PPR scoring goes to Jerry Rice, who scored an absurd 65.5 points on 10/14/90.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, activeobserver said:

Number one pick next year if Brees comes back. His handcuff is solid too.

How far do you knock him down if Brees retires and New Orleans fails to upgrade from Hill as his successor?

1 minute ago, Dislimb said:

How far do you knock him down if Brees retires and New Orleans fails to upgrade from Hill as his successor?

I don’t see them giving the keys to Hill for the future of their franchise...but in the event they did...I honestly wouldn't take Kamara with a first round pick, I'd probably rank him as an early 2nd rounder. He would get so many TDs vultured.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I don’t see them giving the keys to Hill for the future of their franchise...but in the event they did...I honestly wouldn't take Kamara with a first round pick, I'd probably rank him as an early 2nd rounder. He would get so many TDs vultured.

Agreed.  Maybe I'd take Kamara at the end of the first, but probably after Davante Adams and Tyreek, off the top of my head.  Kamara would never have this kind of upside with Hill.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

You are correct. Only Clinton Portis has had a higher score in standard with a whopping 55.4 points on 12/7/03.

The highest score in a single game with PPR scoring goes to Jerry Rice, who scored an absurd 65.5 points on 10/14/90.

Didn't Jamaal Charles have a huge game in 2013? I had a screen shot of it because I had him (but now can't find it, lol), but thought he had close to 60 in a standard, could be misremembering, wish I could find that screenshot, lol

This might go down as the greatest fantasy performance when context is taken into account. While Rice and Portis might have had bigger games, did they come during a championship weekend? This is a legendary performance when you think about owners in a championship game. This score can easily be broken up between 3 players and most owners would be happy. Legendary!

Edited by Silent-Trader
31 minutes ago, JCDaly said:

Didn't Jamaal Charles have a huge game in 2013? I had a screen shot of it because I had him (but now can't find it, lol), but thought he had close to 60 in a standard, could be misremembering, wish I could find that screenshot, lol

Charles scored 51.5 points in standard and 59.5 points in PPR in that game vs. the Raiders on 12/15/13.

The craziest part of that game was that he only had 20 yards rushing!

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

This might go down as the greatest fantasy performance when context is taken into account. While Rice and Portis might have had bigger games, did they come during a championship weekend? This is a legendary performance when you think about owners in a championship game. This score can easily be broken up between 3 players and most owners would be happy. Legendary!

Obviously this was huge and you can't argue with a historic 6 TDs and for sure one of the top of all time.

But Saquon last year was huge as well in week 16 and propelled many to a ship.  22-189-1 rushing and 4-90-1 receiving.

So anticlimactic that you work all season to get to the championship game, and then one player completely wins it for somebody and you don't even need to play the rest of the games.

33 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

This may be a silly question but is this the highest single scoring game of the season? Has to be right?

Never mind, you said season, not all time.

Edited by ZappB
32 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

I agree with you. Any fantasy player that either had him on their team or went against him today, will NEVER forget this performance. What will be interesting to see is how many people who faced Kamara this week will still manage to win despite it. Obviously it will be a small amount, but it will happen in some cases.

30 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

This may be a silly question but is this the highest single scoring game of the season? Has to be right?

Yes.