NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Dislimb said:

Charles scored 51.5 points in standard and 59.5 points in PPR in that game vs. the Raiders on 12/15/13.

The craziest part of that game was that he only had 20 yards rushing!

Gotcha, must've overestimated it as the years have gone by, lol(it was a 50 ft. putt, I swear!), crazy bout the only 20 yards in that game, sounds like Kamara's usual MO (production through the passing game as opposed to the run game, lol)

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys draft and then swap half your teams before the season even starts. Clearly need another hobby to occupy your time

Covers if you had him or played against him: 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JCDaly said:

Gotcha, must've overestimated it as the years have gone by, lol(it was a 50 ft. putt, I swear!), crazy bout the only 20 yards in that game, sounds like Kamara's usual MO (production through the passing game as opposed to the run game, lol)

I was fortunate enough to have Charles on the roster of my main team that year so I remembered it well. He broke three really long YAC type touchdowns in that game. A 39 yarder, a 49 yarder and a 71 yarder!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, JCDaly said:

Didn't Jamaal Charles have a huge game in 2013? I had a screen shot of it because I had him (but now can't find it, lol), but thought he had close to 60 in a standard, could be misremembering, wish I could find that screenshot, lol

He did. He also had 6 total TDs but 4 were receiving. I had him that year 😍😍

1 hour ago, Silent-Trader said:

This might go down as the greatest fantasy performance when context is taken into account. While Rice and Portis might have had bigger games, did they come during a championship weekend? This is a legendary performance when you think about owners in a championship game. This score can easily be broken up between 3 players and most owners would be happy. Legendary!

I ain't ever forgetting this game!! Clutch performance.

37 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

I was fortunate enough to have Charles on the roster of my main team that year so I remembered it well. He broke three really long YAC type touchdowns in that game. A 39 yarder, a 49 yarder and a 71 yarder!

I had him that year also. Didn't he get injuries at the end or something. I recall playing knile davis the next week

46 minutes ago, owenmills said:

He did. He also had 6 total TDs but 4 were receiving. I had him that year 😍😍

Five TD. I had to go check because I knew I didn’t see him earlier when I was looking up the list of 6 TD players. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dislimb said:

King Henry put up 53 against the Jags a couple years ago

Kamara beat that by about 10 points or more depending on your scoring 👀

3 hours ago, Novaray said:

Only caught 3 passes, anyone else worried about his receiving usage?

Yeah, he seemed very touchdown-dependent today.  I feel a bit like his owners got six "bailout touchdowns."  

• Haha 3
21 minutes ago, chargahs said:

Should have had 7. Taysom the vulture 

If Kamara get the TD that Taysom scored, then it’s highly doubtful that things play out the same. The Saints wouldn’t have passed the ball downfield to get into scoring position. And even if they had, it’s doubtful Kamara would have been left in the game to get another scoring opp. I personally believe Payton was trying to get Kamara and opportunity to get that 6th, which is why Brees threw the pass that led to them getting to the 3yd line. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

If Kamara get the TD that Taysom scored, then it’s highly doubtful that things play out the same. The Saints wouldn’t have passed the ball downfield to get into scoring position. And even if they had, it’s doubtful Kamara would have been left in the game to get another scoring opp. I personally believe Payton was trying to get Kamara and opportunity to get that 6th, which is why Brees threw the pass that led to them getting to the 3yd line. 

This is correct. Payton realized he was about to get destroyed by fans and media across the NFL for not giving that TD to AK and giving it to Hill instead. He only threw that pass to make up for it. And it only went so far because Minny was expecting them to run out the clock.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Yeah, he seemed very touchdown-dependent today.  I feel a bit like his owners got six "bailout touchdowns."  

Well his first TD was a great burst TD. Most of the others were Gimme 1 yard runs Latavious should have been in there as the goal line back

3 hours ago, USWAY said:

This is correct. Payton realized he was about to get destroyed by fans and media across the NFL for not giving that TD to AK and giving it to Hill instead. He only threw that pass to make up for it. And it only went so far because Minny was expecting them to run out the clock.

Ya like Payton really cares about social media lol