NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2020 Outlook

Just now, USWAY said:

Well clearly he cared about something because he was throwing with the game over to get AK another chance at 6 😂

How was the the game over? Vikings just scored and kicked on onside kick...45-33 with 2 minutes left isnt over man 

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys draft and then swap half your teams before the season even starts. Clearly need another hobby to occupy your time

Covers if you had him or played against him: 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

How was the the game over? Vikings just scored and kicked on onside kick...45-33 with 2 minutes left isnt over man 

You know what, you're probably right. I went back and looked at the box score. Before that big pass play the Vikes had called their second timeout right before the two minute warning after 1st down. If they stop the Saints on another run on 2nd down the 2 minute warning stops the clock and then they could stop the clock again after third down with their last timeout. So could've just been aggressive play calling to end the game. Still would've been extremely tough for Minny to score twice though.

Thinking about it now, it makes it even stranger the Vikes didn't have Dalvin on the field for their last touchdown though. Made it feel like the game was completely done.

3 hours ago, lolcopter said:

All the best players in sports history had a penchant for strip clubs.  Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Babe Buth, Barry Bonds, etc.  Obviously Kamara's name deserves a spot amongst those legends.  If anything this is just a mere indicator of his greatness.  If you disagree you were probably on the receiving end of the week 16 drumming.  I would be remise to not recommend drafting him overall #1 next year.  This attempted smear campaign is just a showcase of how much of a stud he is.

6 hours ago, AlvinKamarasCleats said:

All the best players in sports history had a penchant for strip clubs.  Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Babe Buth, Barry Bonds, etc.  Obviously Kamara's name deserves a spot amongst those legends.  If anything this is just a mere indicator of his greatness.  If you disagree you were probably on the receiving end of the week 16 drumming.  I would be remise to not recommend drafting him overall #1 next year.  This attempted smear campaign is just a showcase of how much of a stud he is.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Here are our 2020 fantasy football awards:

MVP

Alvin Kamara, RB, Saints

You can't chalk this up to recency bias. Though he scored six touchdowns and amassed 172 yards of total offense in the fantasy championship week, he's been stellar all year. Even though quarterbacks score the most points in typical leagues, it's easy enough to have a good passer when leagues operate with just 12 teams. Having a running back, or wide receiver, who produces like a QB is special. Kamara rushed for 932 yards and a league-leading 16 touchdowns. He added five TD receptions on his way to gaining 756 yards on 83 receptions. With just one misfire, a 52-yard, no-TD performance in Week 12, Kamara was a model of consistency.

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆

I am not trying to get into a drawn out debate between AK and DH (or their respective cleats)...but I did see this in Barnwell's season awards article:

He had Henry at #3 and AK at #2 (behind Kelce for Offensive POY)...why?

"In 2020 we know that running plays just aren't as valuable as contributions in the passing game. There, Henry was a nonfactor; he finished with 19 catches for 114 yards and just four first downs. The other running back I have ahead of Henry doesn't come close to the Titans star in terms of pure rushing numbers, but his contributions as a receiver make Alvin Kamara more valuable to his team in terms of producing expected points on offense with the ball in his hands."

"To think about it another way, consider that Henry used 397 touches to generate 2,141 yards, 102 first downs and 17 touchdowns. Kamara used 270 touches to produce 1,688 yards, 93 first downs and 21 touchdowns. Henry had more volume, but those extra 127 touches produced 453 additional yards and nine first downs, which amounts mostly to empty calories."

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am not trying to get into a drawn out debate between AK and DH (or their respective cleats)...but I did see this in Barnwell's season awards article:

"In 2020 we know that running plays just aren't as valuable as contributions in the passing game. There, Henry was a nonfactor; he finished with 19 catches for 114 yards and just four first downs. The other running back I have ahead of Henry doesn't come close to the Titans star in terms of pure rushing numbers, but his contributions as a receiver make Alvin Kamara more valuable to his team in terms of producing expected points on offense with the ball in his hands."

"To think about it another way, consider that Henry used 397 touches to generate 2,141 yards, 102 first downs and 17 touchdowns. Kamara used 270 touches to produce 1,688 yards, 93 first downs and 21 touchdowns. Henry had more volume, but those extra 127 touches produced 453 additional yards and nine first downs, which amounts mostly to empty calories."

Good stuff.

I'd just like to add kamara's #s without Brees this year:

241 rushing yards, 6 receptions, 2 TDs In 4 games. Yikes.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:18 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

image.png.4fb753ee349152ff9a2bfae0622e1fd4.png

AK averaged more points per game than Henry in standard leagues.

image.png.47acbd8ba477bace5928528828c69eaf.png

image.png.68a276525d64e25ac9a88836fd11291e.png

AK posted more points in 1 less game than Henry in half and full ppr.

• Thanks 1
On 1/8/2021 at 11:44 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Good stuff.

I'd just like to add kamara's #s without Brees this year:

241 rushing yards, 6 receptions, 2 TDs In 4 games. Yikes.

Those numbers are incorrect, though the correct ones aren’t much different...237 rush yards, 10 receptions, 3 TD in four games. He had 7 of those receptions in Taysom’s final game. 

13-45-1, 0-0-0

11-54-0, 1-(-2)-0

15-88-1, 2-9-0

11-50-1, 7-44-0

At least that’s what FleaFlicker has as his four games without Brees. 

I checked because I knew the receptions were off. 

Edited by Flyman75