NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2020 Outlook

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys draft and then swap half your teams before the season even starts. Clearly need another hobby to occupy your time

Covers if you had him or played against him: 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Power-O said:

in .5 ppr im takin him over zeke...i dont trust mccarthy with rbs....to me a healthy kamara will outperform....call me crazy

Probably not the reason to choose Kamara over Zeke, but I'm not going to talk you off the ledge.  If faced with that choice, I may go Kamara.  Dallas lost Frederick in the middle of the line.  Tyron Smith is starting the year dinged up, not good.  Shaky situation between those spots with inexperience at LG too.  This line is the achilles heel of the expectations of an offensive juggernaut.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

He’s behind Henry and Cook pretty easily for me.  We’ll see more Lat and Hill than we want-  and Kamara’s durability with any additional load is concerning. 

You cite Kamara’s durability as concerning, but you put Cook ahead of him? And we’ll see Lat no more than we saw Ingram, when a healthy Kamara was a top 5 RB. I don’t understand the concern from people about Lat when Kamara was a stud sharing the backfield with MI2. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

You cite Kamara’s durability as concerning, but you put Cook ahead of him? And we’ll see Lat no more than we saw Ingram, when a healthy Kamara was a top 5 RB. I don’t understand the concern from people about Lat when Kamara was a stud sharing the backfield with MI2. 

Indeed,  that was a special year when Kamara and Ingram were both top 5.  Happened one year with DeAngelo Williams/ J Stewart too.  Unlikely to repeat itself.   

Cook has durability concerns similar to Kamara....but he doesn’t have a specialized running qb whom Payton wants to involve more.  And Latavius is a greater threat to steal work than Mattison or Boone in Minnesota.   Those guys are clear cut backups. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Indeed,  that was a special year when Kamara and Ingram were both top 5.  Happened one year with DeAngelo Williams/ J Stewart too.  Unlikely to repeat itself.   

Cook has durability concerns similar to Kamara....but he doesn’t have a specialized running qb whom Payton wants to involve more.  And Latavius is a greater threat to steal work than Mattison or Boone in Minnesota.   Those guys are clear cut backups. 

I didn’t say the Saints would produce two RB1s again. I said Kamara split time with Ingram in his first two seasons and was still a top RB. So why is Lat going to adversely affect him? And why is there any worry about Lat being a greater threat? He’s certainly not a greater threat than Ingram was. Taysom Hill is certainly not a threat to Kamara’s workload...c’mon now. A healthy Kamara will be a top 5 back. I’m far less worried about him playing 16 games than I am about Cook playing 16. 

• Like 4

taysom hill might steal 2 to 4 tds but before last year kamara was a lock top 4 rb. I take him in bestball no 2 overall over saquon. 

Kamara claims he played last year witha  torn knee which to me is just crazy. If he can play with a torn knee and still be a top 12 weekly fantasy rb that is pretty damn good. 

13 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Cook's durability concerns are nowhere near Kamara's - they are FAR worse

Kamara: 45/48 regular season games

Cook: 29/48 regular season games

Yeah no thanks with Kamara. Honestly probably have him below CEH, Henry, and Sanders at this point.

I just can’t deal with the bullshit offense the Saints run. Can’t do it. I’m sure he will be fine but the sets with Hill and Murray drive me too insane to waste a top 6 pick on him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
6 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah no thanks with Kamara. Honestly probably have him below CEH, Henry, and Sanders at this point.

I just can’t deal with the bullshit offense the Saints run. Can’t do it. I’m sure he will be fine but the sets with Hill and Murray drive me too insane to waste a top 6 pick on him. 

In one league i have pick 5, definitely hoping to land CEH or Henry.  Don't think I'd take Sanders over Kamara.  

16 hours ago, isuckatdfs said:

taysom hill might steal 2 to 4 tds but before last year kamara was a lock top 4 rb. I take him in bestball no 2 overall over saquon. 

Kamara claims he played last year witha  torn knee which to me is just crazy. If he can play with a torn knee and still be a top 12 weekly fantasy rb that is pretty damn good. 

Not sold on that.   The Saints fell in love with Hill late last season and playoffs.   He’s likely to get an increased role in 2020.   

it’s nice that Kamara was able to play on a hurt leg in 2019...but that doesn’t automatically translate to more chances- particularly around the goal line and in mop up duty.   

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Not sold on that.   The Saints fell in love with Hill late last season and playoffs.   He’s likely to get an increased role in 2020.   

it’s nice that Kamara was able to play on a hurt leg in 2019...but that doesn’t automatically translate to more chances- particularly around the goal line and in mop up duty.   

i understand your concern about hill but in .5 ppr i can still see kamara being picked over zeke at the 3 spot...i have looked at previous years and kamra has outperformed zeke every season except for last year.....in 2018 it was 312 kamara vs 285 zeke...in 2017 it was 273 vs 190...and now you have zeke with a new coach in mccarthy who lost his job in GB because he failed to utilize aaron jones properly...you also have dak who can run touchdowns in as well...so how can you say kamara is not a top 3 back especially in an offense that he has been in for a few years with the same qb (who is a million times better as a passer) and coach. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Ooooh man. The CEH love is getting a liiiiittle out of control and Sanders is "week-to-week" right now. Henry...well...Henry is a damn mutant so I'll give you that one. 

I agree though--that Taysom Hill bullshit is just...bullshit. Dude has thrown fewer complete passes than some WRs. 

He has been absent from several sessions of practice in a row now. They have been exchanging contract numbers, so that could be part of it...or it could be a 'hold-in' too, but hard to say as he does not publicly air his business matters. They have termed it a 'stomach bug' from what I can decipher, just could be something to monitor...though I don't think there is any sort of danger of his missing any time.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He has been absent from several sessions of practice in a row now. They have been exchanging contract numbers, so that could be part of it...or it could be a 'hold-in' too, but hard to say as he does not publicly air his business matters. They have termed it a 'stomach bug' from what I can decipher, just could be something to monitor...though I don't think there is any sort of danger of his missing any time.

i hope not... i draft tomorrow and will end up going zeke over him if we get no news

On 8/28/2020 at 11:32 AM, yossarian said:

Ooooh man. The CEH love is getting a liiiiittle out of control and Sanders is "week-to-week" right now. Henry...well...Henry is a damn mutant so I'll give you that one. 

I agree though--that Taysom Hill bullshit is just...bullshit. Dude has thrown fewer complete passes than some WRs. 

IDK.   He said that he dealt with a torn knee last year and just powered through it and rehabbed over the offseason.

It's just kind of vague.   And it makes me nervous.

Edited by K197040
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

You nailed it