NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alvin Kamara 2020 Outlook

Ooof.

Have pick #5 and it was going to be either Cook or Kamara. If there is no clarity on this situation by draft time no way I draft Kamara assuming Cook goes #4.

CEL...may have to take you at 5.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys draft and then swap half your teams before the season even starts. Clearly need another hobby to occupy your time

Covers if you had him or played against him: 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Ooof.

Have pick #5 and it was going to be either Cook or Kamara. If there is no clarity on this situation by draft time no way I draft Kamara assuming Cook goes #4.

CEL...may have to take you at 5

nvm

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

If he wants CMC money Saints need to trade him. Latt contract jumps to 10m next yr then he is a UFA. 
Ram jumps from 1.6 to 11m next year then he is a UFA. Maybe they sign him knowing Drew’s contract will be gone next year? 

This will be interesting. I think this year is different than last year with Gordon. I could see him sitting out with the current state of America. He has been very outspoken about current issues and could throw a middle finger to the organization 

Edited by affliction
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, affliction said:

If he wants CMC money Saints need to trade him. Latt contract jumps to 10m next yr then he is a UFA. 
Ram jumps from 1.6 to 11m next year then he is a UFA. Maybe they sign him knowing Drew’s contract will be gone next year? 

This will be interesting. I think this year is different than last year with Gordon. I could see him sitting out with the current state of America. He has been very outspoken about current issues and could throw a middle finger to the organization 

... the Saints went 3-0 with Murray as the starter last year, and he was damn good in that stretch. 

of course they'd love Kamara on the field, and he is definitely the superior talent -  but if he's gonna pull this holdout crap, i hope they tell him to kiss their big, hairy rear. 

eff him. 

sit down, AK.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... the Saints went 3-0 with Murray as the starter last year, and he was damn good in that stretch. 

of course they'd love Kamara on the field, and he is definitely the superior talent -  but if he's gonna pull this holdout crap, i hope they tell him to kiss their big, hairy rear. 

eff him. 

sit down, AK.

Saints are in win now mode with Drew in his last year though. I hope they don’t overpay to keep him. If they think they can win a SB without him he is gone if not he will be retained. Payton has called him his Marshall Faulk. I’m kind of torn on what’s going to happen. I would be ok if they increased his guaranteed money this year and worked on the contract in the offseason. 

Edited by affliction

So many bad takes and terrible info recently in this thread, people need to take a breath.

He has missed 3 practices with essentially a 'hold-in' and can be fined for missing those, he can only sit for 2 more days at most...any more and he loses his ability to become a UFA under the CBA. That means his 'hold-in' will absolutely end in short order. Much like Cook or Mixon these guys are using the shrewd of leverage they have to try and get a deal pushed across. With Cook that ship has sailed and he is playing it out. Mixon and AK might be close enough and aren't risking a fluke injury in practice--they already have both showed in great shape and put the work in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

eff him. 

sit down, AK.

Should have kept Ingram

🤫

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

So many bad takes and terrible info recently in this thread, people need to take a breath.

He has missed 3 practices with essentially a 'hold-in' and can be fined for missing those, he can only sit for 2 more days at most...any more and he loses his ability to become a UFA under the CBA. That means his 'hold-in' will absolutely end in short order. Much like Cook or Mixon these guys are using the shrewd of leverage they have to try and get a deal pushed across. With Cook that ship has sailed and he is playing it out. Mixon and AK might be close enough and aren't risking a fluke injury in practice--they already have both showed in great shape and put the work in.

Agreed. This isn't anything to be more than 'keep an eye on it' level concerned about.

Just now, aapox said:

Agreed. This isn't anything to be more than 'keep an eye on it' level concerned about.

Sure it is.  

in dynasty you’ll be fine.   In redraft...very concerned for those who overpaid and spent pick 4 or 5

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

so in other words...all is well w our first rd pick in 48 hrs🍿🍿🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

I'm drafting in about an hour, how concerned is everyone with the holdout? If I draft Kamara, I'm reaching a couple of rounds early on Murray. 

Zero concern. Dude is not going to sit out. How’d that work out for MGIII? Lol, these guys have no leverage and it isn’t a Bell situation. He could fake an injury like AJ Green but that’s about it. And he’s no Zeke so he doesn’t have that in his favor either.

Edited by FitzMagic
35 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

I'm drafting in about an hour, how concerned is everyone with the holdout? If I draft Kamara, I'm reaching a couple of rounds early on Murray. 

You better make sure you pick up Lat Murray if you go with Kamara. Your season pretty much rides on it .. This could be the Gordon/Ekeler situation all over again. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, affliction said:

... looks like the Saints are throwing him the middle finger, AND I FRIGGIN' LOVE IT!

he can take his pouty rear elsewhere, enough with these prima donnas ... ENOUGH. 

🤡