NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a tale of two QB's. Here's how they are currently being ranked by "fantasy experts": QB 1 is listed as the #7 QB by 7 of the 10 experts.  QB 2 is listed somewhere in the #21--#29 range b

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Man just when I start to feel good about anything another injury. Still starting him but this is certainly a damper

Balsy. Chark hasn’t been targeted much but just him being on the field takes attention away from others. Stafford for me this week 

Now after researching, I'm getting a gut feeling that he should go to the bench and this game might go on the under. Miami should put up points but he's definitely lost two key pieces on his offense. IDK if his other weapons really scare anyone that much...Miami is still an NFL defense.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

In single QB leagues, I’m sure most leagues will have Stafford, Fitz, Tannehill, Trubisky, Wentz etc available. It would be an easy decision if we knew Golladay we going to play but I still like Minshew tonight. You can even make the case for Fitz since jags defense isn’t good either   

15 minutes ago, Leopard said:

In single QB leagues, I’m sure most leagues will have Stafford, Fitz, Tannehill, Trubisky, Wentz etc available. It would be an easy decision if we knew Golladay we going to play but I still like Minshew tonight. You can even make the case for Fitz since jags defense isn’t good either   

ppl gobbled up tannehill last week for his matchups against jax and min. dont see much of a difference b/w minshew and or stafford tbh and have em both ahead of trubes slightly. wentz im not touching right now

Edited by rahuLL
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Leopard said:

I agree the only one I would consider is Stafford but I think we all need to remember that the Miami defense is terrible and I think Fitz will be able to put up some points against the Jags D to keep it competitive

Unless you have one of the top 6 or 7 QB's - it's all a crap shoot. lol

There are arguments to be made to start him, and arguments to be made to sit.

As long as he doesn't bomb, I'm okay rolling him out. Seems like they aren't obligated to the run anymore now that Fournette isn't there.

• Like 1

Chark has been ruled out of tonight's game. The Gardener has definitely been trimming everyone's hedges well so far this season, but it's worth noting that he'll be down 1 of his weapons.

FWIW, I benched Watson for Gards, so I still have faith he'll put it down on the lowly Dolphins.

Edited by Gootz
40 minutes ago, stigmatadiacory said:

I'm trying not to overthink things, but without having watched the Jags at all this year to see exactly how Chark is being used and how defenses are choosing to attack him, I just don't know what to expect from the offense without him, even if it is against Miami.

A fair take. I am going to assume that Chark is getting plenty of attention but Minshew is going to the open guy- not forcing it to Chark. Chark is their deep play threat so he is most likely getting rolling safety coverage. Now, I imagine Chris Conley will be in Chark's shoes and Chris Conley is also a burner, and had an ok season last year. He could be 60-70% of Chark, but may not get the respect of the defense. This could mean Conley open for a long TD today.