NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a tale of two QB's. Here's how they are currently being ranked by "fantasy experts": QB 1 is listed as the #7 QB by 7 of the 10 experts.  QB 2 is listed somewhere in the #21--#29 range b

Posted Images

D.J. Chark is out and my gut is telling me to drop Minshew for Tannehill. But I'm not. I'm doing the opposite of what my gut instincts tell me this season. Therfore, I'm playing Minshew without his top target against a porous Miami defense. 

3 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

I was worried with Chark out but then I realized Chark only had a 12% target share through last two games so Minshew doesn't need to throw him the ball to be effective. 

I am a little bit worried about him even though I was originally slated to start him over to Sean watson. He is missing his starting center. he is missing his number one receiver period and yes while Clark has only had a 12% Target share in the first two games defenses and cornerbacks have to scheme against him which freeze up lesser coverage to the other receivers on the field.

With shark out that will not be the case. I am also not sure how Thursday games affect scoring but I think outside of last week's Thursday game which was again was early in the year,traditionally Thursday night games tend to have lower offensive production..

I am stuck on the fence between Minshew and tannehill. I would like to start Minshew but without the shark and starting center I am worried that this could be an off-game.

2 hours ago, MurderInc said:

D.J. Chark is out and my gut is telling me to drop Minshew for Tannehill. But I'm not. I'm doing the opposite of what my gut instincts tell me this season. Therfore, I'm playing Minshew without his top target against a porous Miami defense. 

Well he's barely used Chark so far and done just fine anyways. He seems to love Shenault far more. Shrug All I know is this is the 24th ranked pass defense (that made Josh Allen look like Joe Montana) in Miami and without Byron Jones is easily the worst pass defense in football...at home. I mean this is kind of what you dream for in matchups.

Edited by TennisDude