NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a tale of two QB's. Here's how they are currently being ranked by "fantasy experts": QB 1 is listed as the #7 QB by 7 of the 10 experts.  QB 2 is listed somewhere in the #21--#29 range b

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, jayhova123 said:

Is the pickup Glennon or Luton?

I think Luton, but it nobody can say for sure. I have Minshew in a deep super flex and speculated with Luton last night for free.

15 minutes ago, Swinger said:

Glennon is awful.  He would not be worth starting in fantasy.  Even in 2 QB leagues.

Yeah that is my opinion as well. Makes no sense to turn it over to him if they are even remotely intrigued by Luton.

27 minutes ago, jayhova123 said:

Is the pickup Glennon or Luton?

Are those your only options?  Jacksonville has a bottom 10 offensive line, and Luton's weaknesses (per his scouting report) are limited mobility, tunnel vision, and getting stressed too easily in the pocket.  Not exactly a recipe for success.  And his pro comparison?  Mike Glennon. 

IMO, Minshew would reclaim his starting spot as soon as he's healthy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I was a team like Dallas where 7 wins realistically could get you into postseason I’d take a shot on Minshew since it’s clear that Jags don’t seemingly want him. Allows them to continue tanking while picking up maybe another draft pick in the process. Pretty clear Dalton etc isn’t getting it done.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, vikesrube said:

Anyone in Jags land have the scoop on when/if a return is coming? Or if he will even be the guy when he is ready? 

Im hurting in a super flex league and his pre injury performances would actually be an upgrade for me.

Same boat here - last bit of news I heard he was "Limited Participant" in practice this week

• Thanks 1

Anyone else ready for some Minshew Magic in their QB2/SF spot? All we know is that he has prob healed pretty good and has been throwing...that and a pulse is really all we need for him to be an massive (and not shocking) improvement over what Lt Luton is...and boost the entire Jag's skill player corps.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Anyone else ready for some Minshew Magic in their QB2/SF spot? All we know is that he has prob healed pretty good and has been throwing...that and a pulse is really all we need for him to be an massive (and not shocking) improvement over what Lt Luton is...and boost the entire Jag's skill player corps.

What is the reasoning to start Minshew though? They are clearly in tank mode and any win could jeopardize this as long as they are still one win in the win column and praying the Jets win somehow.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

My teams have been hurtin’ for a squirtin’ of Minshew.

33 minutes ago, vikesrube said:

Just saw Glennon is getting the start again. So is it over for Minshew this year? Does the coach hate him? Are they done with him since he lied about his injury. I realize he’s not a stud but surely better than Glennon and should be healed by now.

I'd say it's a combination of them being upset with him not disclosing his hand injury and they are trying to tank. If he is healthy, he is actually pretty decent and they can win games with him, that is not good when they actually have a shot at Trevor Lawrence.

This franchise is just so poorly run, maybe they finally rectify that with a change from the top down...regardless Minshew has gotten unfairly scapegoated. He is one of the best 20-25 QBs in the NFL and should be starting for someone, but prob gets mothballed as a back-up for awhile unless some team ponies up a decent draft pick in the off-season.

• Like 1