NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a tale of two QB's. Here's how they are currently being ranked by "fantasy experts": QB 1 is listed as the #7 QB by 7 of the 10 experts.  QB 2 is listed somewhere in the #21--#29 range b

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Immediately after the game, Marrone backs Glennon and says he'll remain the starter. What a joke, but I guess the tank is full-go now anyways.

Yep, full tank mode. Glennon was absolutely awful. About as inaccurate as I’ve seen any QB. 

His only TD was due to him being so off target that it hit a defender who was not all that close to the intended target in the hands and bounced into another receivers hands. 

He’s has no interest in winning (nor should he at this point).

On 12/2/2020 at 7:13 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

This franchise is just so poorly run, maybe they finally rectify that with a change from the top down...regardless Minshew has gotten unfairly scapegoated. He is one of the best 20-25 QBs in the NFL and should be starting for someone, but prob gets mothballed as a back-up for awhile unless some team ponies up a decent draft pick in the off-season.

It's a pipe dream, but would love to see Minshew in an offense that suits him and a franchise that cares about winning. The 49ers, Raiders or Carolina come to mind. 9ers are the only real possibility in that group, but not sure if the SF Bay area is ready for the Stache to replace Jimmy Giggalo. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

It's a pipe dream, but would love to see Minshew in an offense that suits him and a franchise that cares about winning. The 49ers, Raiders or Carolina come to mind. 9ers are the only real possibility in that group, but not sure if the SF Bay area is ready for the Stache to replace Jimmy Giggalo. 

Yeah I admit he prob is destined to sit for a year or two, but maybe some team ponies up a 3rd /4th for him and he gets outta there? His arm talent is more than enough to be a top 20 QB in this league, and obv the contract is so team friendly. SF would be a great fit, if they move on from Jimmy G, Carolina prob too...both good calls.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Does anyone believe the game against the Ravens might be a slugfest and Minshew will try to prove something to the tune of 300 yd and 2-3 TD?

Man I hope so. I have been decimated in my SF league and using a TE in that slot...I will plug Minshew back in this week and hope he can get going.

It may, or may not be relative...but IF Baker could stack up those sort of numbers last week, it gives Minshew a shot.

• Like 2

Minshew knows his days are numbered now, and there's no guarantees in the NFL. + the Ravens D has been awful lately. They went from 3rd in Rush D and 5th in Pass D to 13th in Rush D and 16th in Pass D in 3 weeks. I love his passion to do something in this game.