NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a tale of two QB's. Here's how they are currently being ranked by "fantasy experts": QB 1 is listed as the #7 QB by 7 of the 10 experts.  QB 2 is listed somewhere in the #21--#29 range b

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

This is dumb

Why? Minshew gets rushing yards occasionally. Has a primetime game against Fitzpatrick. Currently QB11. I understand he has a crazy high TD% that could regress. But this seems to be a great matchup. 

If Chark is out I can swap back but I don’t think this is crazy. 

I think the annual Falcons implosion is going to happen very soon.

30 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

This is dumb

Bears D really isn't a slouch, considering them destroying the Giants.

That being said, I agree with you that Matt Ryan is close to a must-start each week, but he's been super fortunate playing against elite offenses that have required a lot of throwing. His weapons are also elite too- aiding his case for start.

If the Falcons need to air it out less, they will. Bears are not really this offensive juggernaut. 

9 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Why? Minshew gets rushing yards occasionally. Has a primetime game against Fitzpatrick. Currently QB11. I understand he has a crazy high TD% that could regress. But this seems to be a great matchup. 

He's a Minshew hater. Just ignore him. He has looked great this year and should be setup for another good game tomorrow night. 

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Bears D really isn't a slouch, considering them destroying the Giants.

That being said, I agree with you that Matt Ryan is close to a must-start each week, but he's been super fortunate playing against elite offenses that have required a lot of throwing. His weapons are also elite too- aiding his case for start.

If the Falcons need to air it out less, they will. Bears are not really this offensive juggernaut. 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

He's a Minshew hater. Just ignore him. He has looked great this year and should be setup for another good game tomorrow night. 

No I'm not. People are severely overrating the Bears D. 

Lions put up 3 TDs sans Golladay 

Giants almost beat the Bears

Bears Defense is not a shy away matchup for me especially when they have to go up against arguable the league's best passing offense right now. 

14 minutes ago, Tenner said:

This deserves a separate post. The annual Falcons implosion already happened. Did you not watch the game versus Dallas?

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

Where do we rank him this weekend ROS overall and compared to Tannehill who seems to be in a similar situation as in putting top 12 numbers but not anyone's starter....yet

If you need help at the QB position and got either of these qbs available u can start them. Play it based on match up if both are available. 

1 hour ago, CanaBuc said:

Where do we rank him this weekend ROS overall and compared to Tannehill who seems to be in a similar situation as in putting top 12 numbers but not anyone's starter....yet

Very similar. Titans will run the ball first however if they can. Minshew has neutral to negative game-script almost all season. Minshew for ceiling, Tannehill for safe points. 

Just now, CharlesCC2 said:

Feels wrong starting him over Drew Brees but here we are.  I hope Minshew is my way of atoning for thinking Brees would be good this year, even if he did have Thomas.  But without him, eck.

I'm doing the same. I think people really underestimated Jacksonville's offense this year. With the addition of Robinson as a legitimate threat its opening up Minshews ability to throw the ball. Cole / Chark / Shenault aren't the most intimidating WR corps, but they get the job done for QB fantasy purposes.

All aboard.

3 minutes ago, Juke said:

I'm doing the same. I think people really underestimated Jacksonville's offense this year. With the addition of Robinson as a legitimate threat its opening up Minshews ability to throw the ball. Cole / Chark / Shenault aren't the most intimidating WR corps, but they get the job done for QB fantasy purposes.

All aboard.

The thing is his numbers would be even better if he actually threw to Chark.  I read that he's been getting open, he's just not getting looked at.  He beats a guy on a vertical route and Minshew throws a quick hit short, even if it is for a completion for a first.  First play of the game he looks to Chark and it's a long TD supposedly, amongst other plays.

Basically there's still meat left on the bone with Minshew not even fully unlocking the offense yet from what I gather.  If he actually starts giving Chark the targets he deserves, watch out.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Feels wrong starting him over Drew Brees but here we are.  I hope Minshew is my way of atoning for thinking Brees would be good this year, even if he did have Thomas.  But without him, eck.

You're not alone. We can weep together when brees throws 4 on sunday. 

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Think he will be fine...maybe more Miami possessions and Gardner will have to throw. Trying to side with the 25.5 implied points here for Gardner. 

Gonna be really curious as to the last minute line movement. I have a feeling it will be towards Miami and the under