NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a tale of two QB's. Here's how they are currently being ranked by "fantasy experts": QB 1 is listed as the #7 QB by 7 of the 10 experts.  QB 2 is listed somewhere in the #21--#29 range b

Posted Images

Just now, hard1 said:

honestly hasn't even really leaned on chark this year... two games 8 receptions for chark... pretty sure he can find a place for 4 receptions if he is out tomorrow...

Chark matters and will play, they kept him out for precaution today. Chark demands a corner and safety over the top so please don't say he does not matter. Without Chark, Cole is not relevant.

• Like 2
Just now, kdpat15 said:

Chark matters and will play, they kept him out for precaution today. Chark demands a corner and safety over the top so please don't say he does not matter. Without Chark, Cole is not relevant.

I hear you. Just saying chark hasn't been a crutch this year to lean on... but i understand from the point you are making he frees others up... they still have Westbrook who hasnt even been active yet... team is deep at wr all the sudden with guys that can play...

• Like 1
Just now, hard1 said:

I hear you. Just saying chark hasn't been a crutch this year to lean on... but i understand from the point you are making he frees others up... they still have Westbrook who hasnt even been active yet... team is deep at wr all the sudden with guys that can play...

Minshew knows who his #1 WR is, im sure he will remind us at some point this season maybe tomm! I think Minshew will do good, he just had very good outings against Colts/Titans whose defenses are no slouch

3 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

Minshew knows who his #1 WR is, im sure he will remind us at some point this season maybe tomm! I think Minshew will do good, he just had very good outings against Colts/Titans whose defenses are no slouch

Yeah he's been great..and he definitely has that leader mentality...hopefully tomorrow more of the same..

14 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Bears D really isn't a slouch, considering them destroying the Giants.

That being said, I agree with you that Matt Ryan is close to a must-start each week, but he's been super fortunate playing against elite offenses that have required a lot of throwing. His weapons are also elite too- aiding his case for start.

If the Falcons need to air it out less, they will. Bears are not really this offensive juggernaut. 

Anybody playing the Falcons is an offensive juggernaut

Minshew and Chark are gonna rake this game.

Drafted them as a stack in my superflex league, but ended up trading Chark in a deal for Kareem Hunt.

Still think Chark will rake this game and the rest of the year. And him along with a pretty decent WR corps in JAX is gonna propel Minshew to new heights.

Edited by rasrar
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, kdpat15 said:

thinking Minshew over Rodgers? am I crazy..Adams potentially out scares me a little with the Saints matchup 

That isn’t crazy if Adams is out. I don’t trust MVS and the Lazard King’s chances vs. Lattimore and Jackrabbit without Adams on the field.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, JediMasters said:

Won my FAAB on him and very happy pairing with Lamar in my 2 QB league moving forward.

(I dropped Wentz for him and have no regrets).  Kept Stafford as backup.

I'm in a 2QB league as well, and one of the guys in our league used keeper picks on Lamar (of course) and Wentz (i don't know). I drafted Allen as my QB, and rolled with Tannehill and Minshew with late round picks. Played the same game last week, and my group destroyed him. I don't see it for Wentz this year, and I like the setup you got rolling with now.

Good Luck!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Elaborate coward. For every hour your don’t elaborate, I am releasing a player from Evan Silva’s ETR Top 150 

1. Zeke

Reading is key.

Never said I agreed with it, but I said it was interesting that someone compared him to Cousins. I dont watch Jacksonville football so it wouldnt be fair to throw out names of other QBs that play like him.

But if he is someone like Cousins than Jacksonville is better off tanking for Lawrence.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Next to QB being out, Center is the biggest line mover in lowering a team’s implied total fwiw. 

Well...the implied line is now 26 for Jags. 25 yesterday, 26 this morning. Miami is also shooting up- this game has an almost 50 point over under now. Maybe worth checking at 4PM to 5 if the over under is brought down a lot?

26 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Well...the implied line is now 26 for Jags. 25 yesterday, 26 this morning. Miami is also shooting up- this game has an almost 50 point over under now. Maybe worth checking at 4PM to 5 if the over under is brought down a lot?

Last minute line movement will be interesting