NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gardner Minshew 2020 Outlook

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a tale of two QB's. Here's how they are currently being ranked by "fantasy experts": QB 1 is listed as the #7 QB by 7 of the 10 experts.  QB 2 is listed somewhere in the #21--#29 range b

Posted Images

In Week 1 playing the Colts, Minshew tied for #8 QB in my league.
The Colts held Kirk Cousins to #32 QB in Week 2 (dead-last amongst starters; he technically was even lower, as some backups beat him out)

In Week 2 playing the Titans, Minshew was #12 QB.
The Titans held Drew Lock to #24 QB in Week 1. 

Anything can happen in any given matchup. But it is promising that so far, Minshew has been a QB1 against two defenses that were able to shut down the other QB they've faced so far this season. 

Also, towards their center being out, you never want to see a starting offensive lineman be out of the lineup. Linder is a good player. In Week 2, I believe Minshew was able to throw 2 of his 3 TD passes after the backup center had come into the game, so it's at least promising that the offense continued to score once Linder exited the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
4 minutes ago, Corleone said:

In Week 1 playing the Colts, Minshew tied for #8 QB in my league.
The Colts held Kirk Cousins to #32 QB in Week 2 (dead-last amongst starters; he technically was even lower, as some backups beat him out)

In Week 2 playing the Titans, Minshew was #12 QB.
The Titans held Drew Lock to #24 QB in Week 1. 

Anything can happen in any given matchup. But it is promising that so far, Minshew has been a QB1 against two defenses that were able to shut down the other QB they've faced so far this season. 

Also, towards their center being out, you never want to see a starting offensive lineman be out of the lineup. Linder is a good player. In Week 2, I believe Minshew was able to throw 2 of his 3 TD passes after the backup center had come into the game, so it's at least promising that the offense continued to score once Linder exited the game.

tenor.gif

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I like Minshew as a streamer but you don't stream Thursday night games. Just leave him out of the lineup this week and plug him in next, maybe. I think someone like Herbert could get it done this week. 

I think TNF games hurt defenders more than offenses.

Both Joe Burrow and Baker Mayfield looked good last week.

I'm rolling Minshew out there in my SuperFlex league, interestingly enough, over Herbert.

26 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I like Minshew as a streamer but you don't stream Thursday night games. Just leave him out of the lineup this week and plug him in next, maybe. I think someone like Herbert could get it done this week. 

Herbert? Carolina doesn’t get thrown on. The proofs in the pudding tonight- there may not be great defense at all. Look at last week- no defense