NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Montgomery 2020 Outlook

35 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I just really hope my fantasy week isn't over after tonight for playing Monty. 

Outside of the elite runners in Kamara and CMC, TB has completely locked RBs fantasy wise just don't have any other options. 

Get on the trade phone right now or send multiple trade offer scenarios out ASAP. If you feel that strongly. Unless you got one of those dumb leagues that take days for a trade to go through with voting. 

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome aboard.  Since you're new here, the David Montgomery outlook thread is the Rotoworld equivalent of a senior citizen water aerobics class.  No one really gets excited.  Montgomery is mentioned

I actually think last game was positive for Montgomery.   The one thing I was looking for was whether Cohen's passing work would transfer over to Montgomery.  It did.  Montgomery had a season hig

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Get on the trade phone right now or send multiple trade offer scenarios out ASAP. If you feel that strongly. Unless you got one of those dumb leagues that take days for a trade to go through with voting. 

I mean no one is taking this guy unless it is waiver wire fodder and I'll stick with him over that and I don't really have anyone to piece together a deal after already losing Barkley this year. 

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

I mean no one is taking this guy unless it is waiver wire fodder and I'll stick with him over that and I don't really have anyone to piece together a deal after already losing Barkley this year. 

Attach other pieces around it. I've trade worse. Just gotta put in the time and work. Don't let up lol

47 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I just really hope my fantasy week isn't over after tonight for playing Monty. 

Outside of the elite runners in Kamara and CMC, TB has completely locked RBs fantasy wise just don't have any other options. 

Look at Kamara ypc against the Bucs...Yikes

12 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

This guy always has excuses circling him (I'm not saying he's making excuses). Is he truly good but always with something in the way or is he mediocre?

the excuse is always the same tho, he’s on a terrible team with a terrible o line with a terrible coach and terrible play calling.  The only things he has in his favor is he’s a bellcow workload.  He’s a decent talent probably 65% percentile of NFL starting RB in a vaccum.

32 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

This guy always has excuses circling him (I'm not saying he's making excuses). Is he truly good but always with something in the way or is he mediocre?

What excuses? Bad talent on an even Worse offense. Really not much else to it. 

2 hours ago, LAeagle said:

What excuses? Bad talent on an even Worse offense. Really not much else to it. 

I'd just add that he has the worst play caller in the history of the NFL holding him back.

Edited by Magoo
3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

10 catch game tonight for Monty. He also scores his first rushing touchdown. Book it. 

Pretty damn close.  First rushing TD, 8 targets, and 7 receptions.  

This is yet another encouraging game.  Positive TD regression was bound to happen so no need to focus there.  

The big story here is Montgomery continuing to get all of Cohen's passing work.  7 receptions is amazing. 

Better matchups on the horizon as well.  Bears have played two of the best running defenses in football on back-to-back weeks. 

It's Nagy so Montgomery is unlikely to ever hit 20 carries.  But there is a real possibility Montgomery settles in as a 13-17 carries, 4-6 target kind of guy, now that his schedule starts to ease up.  That is (low-end) RB1 usage.  Obviously, the Bears aren't a high-powered offense so I am bearish on the rushing TDs.  But Montgomery looks primed to significantly outperform his ADP.  

I'll double-down on my aggressive prediction last week:  high-end RB2 ROS.  

Edited by Rainyy
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

10 catch game tonight for Monty. He also scores his first rushing touchdown. Book it. 

Wow dude. You’re freaking me out. I’m taking your word in the DJ Moore thread. I just plugged him in. 

1 minute ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Probably the worst starting RB in the league. Dude is a plodding heap of crap. Not sure why anyone would draft him. He produced some fantasy points but if you’re counting on him as one of your top 2 RBs you’re in trouble 

Most folks drafted him in the 7th or later rounds so yeah with a mixture of injuries and byes this week I had to rely on him as my RB2. Look at all rushers against TB this year and get back to me. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LAeagle said:

Most folks drafted him in the 7th or later rounds so yeah with a mixture of injuries and byes this week I had to rely on him as my RB2. Look at all rushers against TB this year and get back to me. 

Did he play Tampa the past two weeks when he averaged 2.8 and 3.2 YPC? Did he play Tampa every game last season when he averaged 3.8 for the year?

If you ever watched him last year you’d know how horrendous he his. At least he’s on pace for 3 TDs this season 

4 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Did he play Tampa the past two weeks when he averaged 2.8 and 3.2 YPC? Did he play Tampa every game last season when he averaged 3.8 for the year?

If you ever watched him last year you’d know how horrendous he his. At least he’s on pace for 3 TDs this season 

Before Indy and TB, he was averaging 4.4 yards per carry.  I think he's pretty jag, but the last two weeks he's faced really good run defenses. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Indy is no slouch run D, and he was averaging like less than a yard a carry for the 1st 3 quarters against ATL until a few nice late runs in big comeback drives.

I certainly don’t think he looks great, but I think it’s a stretch to call him the worst RB in football.. quick cuts and tough to bring down with first contact, but the burst and vision obviously leave some to be desired.

Would like to see the Bears actually take a lead in a game to see what he can do with a positive game script.. for a 4-1 team I feel like they haven’t led in a game at all.

15 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he does enough tonight for you. That TD or No TD will be huge tonight

Ya with his first rushing TD of the season he was able to get 15.4 pts in half ppr which seemed close to his ceiling in a matchup like this. Seems like he is a solid start ROS with his involvement in the passing game. 7 receptions for 30 yards isnt spectacular but bears were willing to put him out on a wheel route with the game on the line and he came down with it for 17 yards.