Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Montgomery 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mr_Baller said:

Out. Who‘s the play? 

definitely ryan nall in ppr...but they called up lamar miller who might take the early down work which muddles the situation. nall did look good catching the ball last game. you'd think the game script would force chicago to throw more, making nall look like a pretty decent play at flex imo. but outside last game, i dont know much about nall.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome aboard.  Since you're new here, the David Montgomery outlook thread is the Rotoworld equivalent of a senior citizen water aerobics class.  No one really gets excited.  Montgomery is mentioned

I actually think last game was positive for Montgomery.   The one thing I was looking for was whether Cohen's passing work would transfer over to Montgomery.  It did.  Montgomery had a season hig

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

definitely ryan nall in ppr...but they called up lamar miller who might take the early down work which muddles the situation. nall did look good catching the ball last game. you'd think the game script would force chicago to throw more, making nall look like a pretty decent play at flex imo. but outside last game, i dont know much about nall.

 

 

Nall never looks bad whenever he gets the ball but for some reason has always been the backup to Cordarelle in the running game. Cordarelle is still pretty good and shows nice burst in his own right. IMO - Patterson is probably the right pick because he can still get some receiving work. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, A27K said:

 

Nall never looks bad whenever he gets the ball but for some reason has always been the backup to Cordarelle in the running game. Cordarelle is still pretty good and shows nice burst in his own right. IMO - Patterson is probably the right pick because he can still get some receiving work. 

The issue with Patterson though will be his position eligibility.  He's a WR in Yahoo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

[...]

How does QB injury impact Monty? Do yall think new play caller will turn this into more of an RBBC?

 

I highly doubt it.  Nall and Lamar Miller were barely used last night despite plenty of opportunity.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

[...] 

How does QB injury impact Monty? Do yall think new play caller will turn this into more of an RBBC?

 

I don't think so and based off the lackluster play from everyone filling in for him last night Monty will most likely still be the lead RB when healthy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone think Montgomery is borderline droppable?

He gets so much usage but has never done anything productive with it over the course of his young career.

He has three great match-ups in a row after his BYE week, but I currently have five RBs on my roster ahead of him, and I could use some depth at WR...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteelersScotty said:

Anyone think Montgomery is borderline droppable?

He gets so much usage but has never done anything productive with it over the course of his young career.

He has three great match-ups in a row after his BYE week, but I currently have five RBs on my roster ahead of him, and I could use some depth at WR...

 

There are 16 RBs ahead of him. Even in an 8 team league he's a borderline RB2. 

Who is available that is better than RB 17?

Edited by this guy right here
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteelersScotty said:

Anyone think Montgomery is borderline droppable?

He gets so much usage but has never done anything productive with it over the course of his young career.

He has three great match-ups in a row after his BYE week, but I currently have five RBs on my roster ahead of him, and I could use some depth at WR...

Generally speaking, I wouldn't drop him unless you're desperate for depth somewhere else.  If he's the 6th best RB on your roster I could understand it but maybe you can try to trade him away first to a team desperate for RB help.

At the same time, I'm not really that enthusiastic about the fact that he's supposed to have great matchups coming up either.  Montgomery's value is providing a steady 8-12 half-PPR points.  I don't expect that to change even with great matchups.  I've only started him when I really had to, but it's still nice having those steady points when so many other RBs have been getting injured. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ZappB said:

Generally speaking, I wouldn't drop him unless you're desperate for depth somewhere else.  If he's the 6th best RB on your roster I could understand it but maybe you can try to trade him away first to a team desperate for RB help.

At the same time, I'm not really that enthusiastic about the fact that he's supposed to have great matchups coming up either.  Montgomery's value is providing a steady 8-12 half-PPR points.  I don't expect that to change even with great matchups.  I've only started him when I really had to, but it's still nice having those steady points when so many other RBs have been getting injured. 

 

Yup. He's not sexy. Solid floor, but not a very high ceiling.

That said, he's an RB with a great playoff schedule and he could be borderline on owners drop list right now.

For me with two flex spots, I wouldn't mind a guy like D. Montgomery in my 2nd flex come playoff time if I can get him for someone who I'm dumping into waivers anyway.

If you need him to be an RB2? Yeah...no.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JohnD said:

Why the hate on here for this guy? He's RB17 in PPR leagues with not even playing last week. He has Detroit, Houston and Minnesota for the home stretch in FF. 

Here's what I said a little while ago about this his total RB ranking, numbers aren't updated for week 11:

Eh, I don't think this as great as that first appears.  I'm not in a normal PPR league so can't check there.  In Yahoo 0.5 PPR, Montgomery is also RB14 for total points which sounds great.  However, he's RB30 by average points.  The key is that he's been healthy up until now so he's been able to rack up a steady amount of total points unlike guys like Ekeler/Chubb/Mostert/others.  Montgomery has been fine but I wouldn't let the total points fool you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JohnD said:

Why the hate on here for this guy? He's RB17 in PPR leagues with not even playing last week. He has Detroit, Houston and Minnesota for the home stretch in FF. 

 

Yeah, agree.  I actually bought low on Montgomery this week.

I mean, his usage was pretty good.  He get's points as a receiver also.  Just really missing the spike games.  He's basically 10 points every week.  It would be nice if his floor was 10 but his ceiling has been 10 too lol.

It was evident the last game against the Vikings that the Bears really have nothing behind Monty.  

I'm still not sold that Monty is a bad player.  I just think the problems are more Nagy and the Bears trash offense in general.  Maybe having a real QB would help some.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Watching the whole shitshow in prime time tonight he was the lone bright spot for the bears. The hate on him is not grounded in reality. He usually seems to get more than what is blocked and he’s got nice agility. Definitely a competent NFL starting RB.  Nice fantasy night and some good matchups coming up for the home stretch.  

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Watching the whole shitshow in prime time tonight he was the lone bright spot for the bears. The hate on him is not grounded in reality. He usually seems to get more than what is blocked and he’s got nice agility. Definitely a competent NFL starting RB.  Nice fantasy night and some good matchups coming up for the home stretch.  

This guy with a competent, just average o line would be fun to watch on a weekly basis. Good player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Breaks off a 55 yard run on his first carry, against a defense that hasn’t been able to stop RBs all year.

 

What’s the logical sequence of events after this? Oh, I know, barely give him the ball for the rest of the game and instead have Trubisky throw the ball into the dirt or his opponents’ hands.

 

I just cannot believe the sheer stupidity of this coaching staff.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

Breaks off a 55 yard run on his first carry, against a defense that hasn’t been able to stop RBs all year.

 

What’s the logical sequence of events after this? Oh, I know, barely give him the ball for the rest of the game and instead have Trubisky throw the ball into the dirt or his opponents’ hands.

 

I just cannot believe the sheer stupidity of this coaching staff.


it really is quite baffling but it is also a hallmark of this coaching staff. Nagys whole philosophy is based around forcing players into schemes that don’t fit their strengths and game plans that don’t attack his opponents weakness. He’d rather lose doing it the Nagy way than win by being adaptive.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:


it really is quite baffling but it is also a hallmark of this coaching staff. Nagys whole philosophy is based around forcing players into schemes that don’t fit their strengths and game plans that don’t attack his opponents weakness. He’d rather lose doing it the Nagy way than win by being adaptive.

Exactly. And that’s why he shouldn’t have a job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...