NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Montgomery 2020 Outlook

What are we thinking about Montgomery this week?  The matchup and game script looks good, he's pretty highly ranked on most of the fantasy sites, and he's coming off a good game against the Packers.  I do think Trubisky is better for him in terms of pass game production, but I just have this gut feeling he's going to end up with like 10-11 carries for some reason.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome aboard.  Since you're new here, the David Montgomery outlook thread is the Rotoworld equivalent of a senior citizen water aerobics class.  No one really gets excited.  Montgomery is mentioned

I actually think last game was positive for Montgomery.   The one thing I was looking for was whether Cohen's passing work would transfer over to Montgomery.  It did.  Montgomery had a season hig

Posted Images

4 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Am I right that he only had ~20 total yards in the second half? Against a garbage run D?

I didn't watch the entire game so I might have missed Montgomery getting dinged up, but it seemed like they had Patterson in more during the second half for some reason. 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

I didn't watch the entire game so I might have missed Montgomery getting dinged up, but it seemed like they had Patterson in more during the second half for some reason. 

Nope.  Patterson took a few possession and got a TD in one of those.  Mont was by far the lead back.  The issue was the team as a whole took the foot off the gas which cost them the game.  I mean Robinson had 5 for 71 at half and ended up 6 for 74.  It was pretty sad.  On side note I really think Arob has checked out.  3rd and 4 driving to tie or win game.  Arobs defender fell down.  He could of easily got he first instead he stepped out before the first.  Then they got stuffed on the fourth.

4 hours ago, FreakFries said:

Am I right that he only had ~20 total yards in the second half? Against a garbage run D?

Don't blame him.  Blame the offense that played not to lose.  Watched the whole game on three of those carries a D lineman wasn't even blocked.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, youngrice said:

Nope.  Patterson took a few possession and got a TD in one of those.  Mont was by far the lead back.  The issue was the team as a whole took the foot off the gas which cost them the game.  I mean Robinson had 5 for 71 at half and ended up 6 for 74.  It was pretty sad.  On side note I really think Arob has checked out.  3rd and 4 driving to tie or win game.  Arobs defender fell down.  He could of easily got he first instead he stepped out before the first.  Then they got stuffed on the fourth.

This is my worry trusting D Montgomery. I got him off waivers a while back and even though his matchups are great, I still remember what a disaster it was owning J Howard Nagy’s first year. Nagy overthinks everything, always  gets way too cute and does not let his players get into a rhythm. We’re RB not such a sh*t show this year I would have let someone else deal with D Montgomery. 

All that said at least the lack of production was due to Nagy and not DM. 

Dude had, in my estimation, a billion redzone chances. Good game, obviously, but could have been a 40 point game easily. 

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Man what a monster game. Could’ve been so much better but they decided to throw it for 4 quarters. Regardless, the breakout is real. Looking like 2nd half Derrick Henry. 

Looking like Drake last year. Gonna sucker everyone into taking him early second or even sneak into first depending on size of the draft

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Didn't get to watch the game.. did he really have a bunch?

Bears were in the redzone an ungodly amount in the first half, and at least 2-3 times at the goal line. For some reason Patterson seemed to be the goal line back today, or they would pass. 

19 minutes ago, Andy Mick said:

Bears were in the redzone an ungodly amount in the first half, and at least 2-3 times at the goal line. For some reason Patterson seemed to be the goal line back today, or they would pass. 

Nagy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1