NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Montgomery 2020 Outlook

15 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He’s going to be a huge trap next year. Cohen comes back and takes quite a bit of snaps and Nagy goes back to being Nagy for at least the first half of the season to show his genius. This bears offense is rinse and repeat every year. 

On the flip side though if this is the dominant narrative he could end up a massive value. I’m all over some dmont in the 4th or later after what I’ve seen since the bye.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome aboard.  Since you're new here, the David Montgomery outlook thread is the Rotoworld equivalent of a senior citizen water aerobics class.  No one really gets excited.  Montgomery is mentioned

I actually think last game was positive for Montgomery.   The one thing I was looking for was whether Cohen's passing work would transfer over to Montgomery.  It did.  Montgomery had a season hig

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

On the flip side though if this is the dominant narrative he could end up a massive value. I’m all over some dmont in the 4th or later after what I’ve seen since the bye.

If that’s the case yeah. He could be a value play where it’s worth the risk. But either way it still feels like a trap. He might be worth the risk after pick 36 or so. But I just don’t see him dropping that far. People will probably jump on him around pick 25. 

I have him as a keeper with the price of a RB3 in a 12 team league - which is what I would be comfortable with....he'll likely be drafted as a #2 most likely after this run though

23 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

He was consistently going in the 5th round this year in 12 teamers. I see at least a 3 round progression which would put him somewhere in the mid-late 2nd round. There's going to be about 16 backs that will go in the first two rounds. The 4th round would be an absolute steal/shocker.

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

He was consistently going in the 5th round this year in 12 teamers. I see at least a 3 round progression which would put him somewhere in the mid-late 2nd round. There's going to be about 16 backs that will go in the first two rounds. The 4th round would be an absolute steal/shocker.

He fell much later than that in many leagues I was in. There’s an eeyore cloud of negativity that follows him around and there’s always a good chance he drops again in a lot of leagues.  Everyone in my leagues still sees him as fools gold going into next year.

Seems like I'm always a year too early or a year too late. Monty was everything this season that I had hoped he would've been last year. 'Course, it still took Nagy way too long to commit to him. His price will likely be too rich for my blood next season, especially if Nagy is still the HC. But, I'll be looking for him if he falls far enough. 

Kudos to all that got to enjoy the ride this year. 

On 1/10/2020 at 7:17 AM, ajs723 said:

Here's the list of RBs who had a minimum of 200 carries and had a better broken tackle per attempt rate than DMo. 

Aaron Jones

Phillip Lindsay

That's it. That's the list. Not Elliott. Not Henry. Not Chubb. Etc.

I maintain that Montgomery can be an absolutely elite NFL RB if he has even an average offensive line and running scheme. That's far from a guarantee though, unfortunately. 

Damn. This was probably my best call of 2020. DMont might STILL be underrated. He's an absolute monster of a running back. Derrick Henry with elite pass catching skills to boot. 

I'm feeling opposite to how you guys are feeling.

Cohen will be back and take away targets and receptions in PPR.

Is Allen Robinson being re-signed?

But wow. I might only rank 9-10 backs ahead of him in PPR. I know the way he finished is going to shoot him up to the 2nd round. I don't know why I'm not buying him. Right now, that's just my gut feeling.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:54 PM, tpat30 said:

But wow. I might only rank 9-10 backs ahead of him in PPR. I know the way he finished is going to shoot him up to the 2nd round. I don't know why I'm not buying him. Right now, that's just my gut feeling.

Will Nagy be back? Trubisky? Pace? ARob? So many question marks with the Bears this offseason.

I think Monty will be a trap set in the second round if you really want him. He's a solid round 3 pick I think as he'll play vs. some weak DEF again most likely.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 5:54 PM, tpat30 said:

Well, you can cross the Cohen worry off the list....

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Well, you can cross the Cohen worry off the list....

Trade hasn't happened yet. Cohen said on Twitter that it isn't true. 

59 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Trade hasn't happened yet. Cohen said on Twitter that it isn't true. 

I’m aware - let me have my fun!

• Haha 1