NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Montgomery 2020 Outlook

He fell late in one of my standard league drafts tonight and I couldn’t pass him up as my RB3. People are acting like he’s missing half the season. When he returns, he’s got no competition for early downs and GL with Cohen taking 3rd down work.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 1
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome aboard.  Since you're new here, the David Montgomery outlook thread is the Rotoworld equivalent of a senior citizen water aerobics class.  No one really gets excited.  Montgomery is mentioned

I actually think last game was positive for Montgomery.   The one thing I was looking for was whether Cohen's passing work would transfer over to Montgomery.  It did.  Montgomery had a season hig

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Guwop said:

even without the injury he was a DND due to Nagy. Avoiding every offensive player on a Nagy led team

Disagree in standard leagues if you can get him after round 6. He’d be a nice RB3/bye week filler.

Is there any updates on this guys injury?

I love young RBs expanding their roles into year 2, but I don't want to draft a guy that's going to be constantly running at 60% all year then we hear AFTER the season how he could never get going because of his pre-season injury.

Cohen still looks to be cheaper.  I think that's probably the safe play as of today unless we can get some positive news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Do players roll out onto the field if their groin is at 60%. I don't think so. I'd barely roll out of bed if mine was at 90%.

You would if you were getting paid millions of dollars and knew you could get the needle.

41 minutes ago, kp96 said:

You would if you were getting paid millions of dollars and knew you could get the needle.

Don't know about that. They're the sort of thing that needs time. Do they want him for most of the season or do they want him in and out all season? He's a high draft pick and he doesn't have an abundance of competition. My guess is they do this right because it makes sense.

Just now, Spyplane said:

Don't know about that. They're the sort of thing that needs time. Do they want him for most of the season or do they want him in and out all season? He's a high draft pick and he doesn't have an abundance of competition. My guess is they do this right because it makes sense.

Oh there's a difference between what the staff will make him do and what he is willing to do.  I'm just saying that if I knew a multi million dollar contract was at stake and I didn't want my durability to impact that contract, I'd get on the field at 60% and tough it out.  Being labeled soft is really bad at any position.  If the coaches hold me out, that's fine, but I'm not sitting out at 60%.  I'm getting it numbed and I'm sucking it up.

• LEONARD FOURNETTERB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
  • Leonard_Fournette.jpg

Speaking Wednesday, coach Matt Nagy said the Bears like their current group of running backs, suggesting the team isn't interested in free agent Leonard Fournette.

The Bears were one of the few teams linked to Fournette following Monday when he was cut by the Jaguars. They have no depth behind David Montgomery but are apparently willing to ride it out. There has been no buzz around Fournette in the 48 hours since he was let go. It's unclear how long it will take him to find a new team.

RELATED: 
    Sep 2, 2020, 12:59 PM ET

•  

If the Bears don't sign anyone prior to the season, do you think that Artavis Pierce or Cordarrelle Patterson would be the starter until Montgomery gets back?
Edited by sjm76
17 minutes ago, SundayGravy said:

Nagy hates running the ball. He doesn’t want anymore reasons to. 

Someone has to be in there on 1st and 2nd down though and it isn't going to be Tarik Cohen because he's only 5'6" 180 lbs.

Edited by sjm76
10 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Disagree in standard leagues if you can get him after round 6. He’d be a nice RB3/bye week filler.

STILL AVOIDING. Nagy is trash and people just want to ignore it, hoping things will change. I'll rather miss out on a RB3 production to not have a frustrating bust

I bought into the hype last year. He was just so bad. He is the plague to me.  The gurus who promote drafting him only give one reason to do so...guaranteed volume.  That's not a big enough reason and honestly, I don't think the volume is guaranteed.  You put Nagy on top of all that and I don't care where he falls...He's atop my DND list.  

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

I bought into the hype last year. He was just so bad. He is the plague to me.  The gurus who promote drafting him only give one reason to do so...guaranteed volume.  That's not a big enough reason and honestly, I don't think the volume is guaranteed.  You put Nagy on top of all that and I don't care where he falls...He's atop my DND list.  

From what I saw watching him play last year it certainly wasn't all his fault. The line was not good.

Volume is important. There was a time not long ago that Henry was disappointing but receiving volume.

Edited by Spyplane
26 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

can't wait until the gameday threads where people are asking why nagy is having 57 passing attempts to 12 runs and Cohen has 8 of those running plays lmao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Guwop said:

can't wait until the gameday threads where people are asking why nagy is having 57 passing attempts to 12 runs and Cohen has 8 of those running plays lmao

Not just that, 12 of those passing attempts came on 2nd and short with Montgomery in the lineup.

• Thanks 2