NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Montgomery 2020 Outlook

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome aboard.  Since you're new here, the David Montgomery outlook thread is the Rotoworld equivalent of a senior citizen water aerobics class.  No one really gets excited.  Montgomery is mentioned

I actually think last game was positive for Montgomery.   The one thing I was looking for was whether Cohen's passing work would transfer over to Montgomery.  It did.  Montgomery had a season hig

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Flyers_28 said:

round 10 ? is this a 5 man league ? 

I just drafted Montgomery with the last pick in Round 9 in my 10-team league. Owned him last year, and he burned me, but thought I couldn't pass him up at that spot.

Guess the rest of my league was scared away as well...went after guys like Kareem Hunt, Ronald Jones and Jordan Howard.

On 9/2/2020 at 2:37 PM, Guwop said:

STILL AVOIDING. Nagy is trash and people just want to ignore it, hoping things will change. I'll rather miss out on a RB3 production to not have a frustrating bust

I said the same thing last year and people ostriched me. Nagy is GARBAGE! I hate that little bald man with a passion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
54 minutes ago, SteelersScotty said:

I just drafted Montgomery with the last pick in Round 9 in my 10-team league. Owned him last year, and he burned me, but thought I couldn't pass him up at that spot.

Guess the rest of my league was scared away as well...went after guys like Kareem Hunt, Ronald Jones and Jordan Howard.

Thats good value and he should perform all of them

1 hour ago, SteelersScotty said:

Owned him last year, and he burned me

I drafted him as RB23 and he finished the season as RB24.  1000 yards, 7 TDs.   I was expecting more, but he didn't burn me.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, SteelersScotty said:

How does a pick in round 9 burn you?

On 9/2/2020 at 10:43 AM, kp96 said:

Oh there's a difference between what the staff will make him do and what he is willing to do.  I'm just saying that if I knew a multi million dollar contract was at stake and I didn't want my durability to impact that contract, I'd get on the field at 60% and tough it out.  Being labeled soft is really bad at any position.  If the coaches hold me out, that's fine, but I'm not sitting out at 60%.  I'm getting it numbed and I'm sucking it up.

There are some things you don’t tough out. Groins (much like hammy) is one of them, Theres a difference between being tough and stupid. Rushing back from a groin injury is almost a guarantee to re-injury. Or the player will overcompensate for it and injure something else ( often times the other groin). 

• Like 2

I got off this ride, but just wanted to come back to the thread to wish you guys best of luck this season. Hope D-Mo stays healthy and takes the next step in his game this season. Could be a back end RB1/strong RB2 if he does. 

Good luck guys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I got off this ride, but just wanted to come back to the thread to wish you guys best of luck this season. Hope D-Mo stays healthy and takes the next step in his game this season. Could be a back end RB1/strong RB2 if he does. 

Good luck guys!

Love the good vibes thanks dude. What was your trade package?

Full practice yesterday and today but still has a Q tag going into Sunday. Think he’s good to go. Would love 18-20 touches and him to fall into the end zone. If reports about an improved Mitch are true (the guy is playing for his career and he knows it), maybe he comes out slinging and puts some life into this offense. I think I’m starting him alongside James Robinson over Akers, who’s role I’m far less sure about. 

3 hours ago, LAeagle said:

Love the good vibes thanks dude. What was your trade package?

Wasn't a trade. My work rookie keeper league kinda got put on the back-burner for this season (due to defections by multiple managers and the whole Covid-19 situation), so we did a redraft for this season. I coulda drafted D-Mo, but I guess between what happened last season (most with his perplexing usage) and his TC injury, I just went in a different direction. But, I will be watching and rooting for D-Mo this season for sure.