NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Titans @ Ravens Divisional Round Thread

SuperJoint

2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Titans just need to hope they can stop or somewhat limit the Chiefs offense to stand a chance and allow themselves to stick with what has worked which is run with Derrick Henry.

I don’t see them sticking with the run if they are down 21 points by the end of the first quarter and Tanny certainly does not have the capability to win via passing. 

Hey man, what happend to ur Titans avatar? You should use it. Its always good to be in a winning team

I watched several of the "talking heads" media today and they can't stop talking about Derrick Henry- they're saying if you stop Henry, you win the football game. And I guarantee you the Chiefs have had that drilled in their minds all week....all these elite defenders talked crap about not tackling Henry, then every single one of them got run over by him. It's all Henry this week.

So if I'm the Titans, I'm coming out with a game plan that keeps the ball out of Henry's hands for most of the first half. You run a few, sure, but mainly you work off play-action and let Tannehill pick that defense to pieces in the first half. Attack through the air, get KC on their heels AND THEN unleash the beast in the 2nd half to close things out. Because let's face it; if the Texans could have run the ball even moderately well last week, they'd be here instead of KC.

I don't think Tennessee makes that same mistake and I think they'll come out firing on all cylinders. They're going to win this freakin' ball game folks with our boy RT as the game MVP! Be sure to quote me on that once the Titans are in the Super Bowl.... =)

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Is the Titans secondary good enough to account for Hill, Kelce, and another 4.3 speed wildcard in Hardman? Chiefs obviously aren't going to do **** running the ball with their garbage bin RBs.

Adoore Jackson is probably one of the fastest players in the league, so yes, I think he can lock one of the guys up.... Logan in the other hand isnt but he is a solid cover guy. Malcom Butler will be heavily missed on this game.

1 hour ago, cashvillesent said:

I watched several of the "talking heads" media today and they can't stop talking about Derrick Henry- they're saying if you stop Henry, you win the football game. And I guarantee you the Chiefs have had that drilled in their minds all week....all these elite defenders talked crap about not tackling Henry, then every single one of them got run over by him. It's all Henry this week.

So if I'm the Titans, I'm coming out with a game plan that keeps the ball out of Henry's hands for most of the first half. You run a few, sure, but mainly you work off play-action and let Tannehill pick that defense to pieces in the first half. Attack through the air, get KC on their heels AND THEN unleash the beast in the 2nd half to close things out. Because let's face it; if the Texans could have run the ball even moderately well last week, they'd be here instead of KC.

I don't think Tennessee makes that same mistake and I think they'll come out firing on all cylinders. They're going to win this freakin' ball game folks with our boy RT as the game MVP! Be sure to quote me on that once the Titans are in the Super Bowl.... =)

Taking a page out of Nagys book

2 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

So you're suggestion is to take the ball out of Henrys hands and win the game with Tannehills arm? On purpose?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

So you're suggestion is to take the ball out of Henrys hands and win the game with Tannehills arm? On purpose?

Absolutely- it's straight out of Belichek's playbook. You shut down your opponent's #1 weapon and force them to beat you another way. KC is going to come out 8 in the box and Tannehill is going to absolutely torch them in the 1st quarter...just wait and see. 😃

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Absolutely- it's straight out of Belichek's playbook. You shut down your opponent's #1 weapon and force them to beat you another way. KC is going to come out 8 in the box and Tannehill is going to absolutely torch them in the 1st quarter...just wait and see. 😃

Yes, Belichek does that because defensively because it increases the likelihood of the other team losing. So why is that a good argument for Tennessee to do it willingly?

On 1/17/2020 at 4:00 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

I don’t see them sticking with the run if they are down 21 points by the end of the first quarter and Tanny certainly does not have the capability to win via passing. 

Umm. If Tanny doesn’t have the capability to win via passing, why exactly would they abandon the run - with Henry being their runner - after one quarter?

21 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Adoore Jackson is probably one of the fastest players in the league, so yes, I think he can lock one of the guys up.... Logan in the other hand isnt but he is a solid cover guy. Malcom Butler will be heavily missed on this game.

Except Adoree is dealing with a bum foot and got burned pretty hard the last time he tried to man up on Hill at full health.  And Logan has had a pretty down year all around.  Not to mention they’re dealing with injuries to Brown and Evans at LB.

I do think if Conklin doesn’t suit up or only plays limited snaps, they may implement a slightly more pass-leaning game plan.

21 hours ago, sSektor said:

Is the Titans secondary good enough to account for Hill, Kelce, and another 4.3 speed wildcard in Hardman? Chiefs obviously aren't going to do **** running the ball with their garbage bin RBs.

I wouldn’t write off a healthy DW coming in hot off a 3-TD performance last week now receiving a full-time snap share and facing off against a decidedly average run defense that is the second-worst in the league against receiving backs and dealing with multiple injured LBs.  

Just saying.

Edited by BMcP

11 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Why would they continue to stack the box all quarter if Henry isn’t being utilized?

3 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

Yes, Belichek does that because defensively because it increases the likelihood of the other team losing. So why is that a good argument for Tennessee to do it willingly?

Correct - he does that because the data makes it clear that, generally speaking, loading the box against this Titans offense is a very serious mistake.

38 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Except Adoree is dealing with a bum foot and got burned pretty hard the last time he tried to man up on Hill at full health.  And Logan has had a pretty down year all around.  Not to mention they’re dealing with injuries to Brown and Evans at LB.

I do think if Conklin doesn’t suit up or only plays limited snaps, they may implement a slightly more pass-leaning game plan.

Where the hell are you getting these updates? Evans played last week and to my knowledge have one helluve game. Jayon is the only one that is a huge question mark of starting this week. Adoore played awesome last week and Logan is having one of his better seasons this year.

13 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Where the hell are you getting these updates? Evans played last week and to my knowledge have one helluve game. Jayon is the only one that is a huge question mark of starting this week. Adoore played awesome last week and Logan is having one of his better seasons this year.

Main RW site - also:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TDavenport_NFL/status/1218267741909671936

Edited by BMcP

They are likely to play... besides Jayon, but I think he will be ready too since hes been out for two weeks now.

Logan has been rock solid.

I agree - merely pointing out that those players are currently dealing with injuries to some degree and not assured of playing at full strength or a full complement of snaps.

21 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

Because the Chiefs are so over-prepared for Henry and committed to controlling the LOS, Tannehill is going to have a field day with those throws right behind the linebackers.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, BMcP said:

Correct - he does that because the data makes it clear that, generally speaking, loading the box against this Titans offense is a very serious mistake.

Oh, he'll still get his carries...but it's going to be more of balance today than just the Henry show. Tennessee is going to have KC guessing and when they guess wrong, Tannehill is going vertical.

Because the Chiefs are so over-prepared for Henry and committed to controlling the LOS, Tannehill is going to have a field day with those throws right behind the linebackers.

KC stacked the box 25% of the time last go-around - predictably that strategy miserably failed.  It will be interesting to see what they choose to do today at the LOS.

On 1/18/2020 at 4:51 PM, BMcP said:

I wouldn’t write off a healthy DW coming in hot off a 3-TD performance last week now receiving a full-time snap share and facing off against a decidedly average run defense that is the second-worst in the league against receiving backs and dealing with multiple injured LBs.  

Just saying.

Just saying