NBC Sports Edge Forums

Baltimore Orioles 2020 Outlook

It's still amazing to me,  despite having watched it slowly go down,  that any team has let things get this bad.  

It gives a free pass to all other suck-arse teams,  because,  ya know,  at least they aren't the Orioles.  

The Orioles are easily one of the most poorly run organizations in baseball. I will be sure to bet against them literally every game of the season blindly... even at the -1.5 for the opposing team. Horrible team all around.

Yeah it's not a great team. I think the TIgers may be worse. But it does have a few intriguing players.  Starting with Mancini who was fantasy valuable last year.  Austin Hays is also interesting. There's also that rookie Mountcastle.  Santander is Barf.  Givens? How badly do you want to ride the closer carousel?  Givens has an Elite K rate, if he found some control he could be useful.

2 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

It's still amazing to me,  despite having watched it slowly go down,  that any team has let things get this bad.  

It gives a free pass to all other suck-arse teams,  because,  ya know,  at least they aren't the Orioles.  

Reason 1A is willfully ignoring the IFA market. Almost every other team in baseball has 2 major resources for new young talent and the Orioles just did no care about investing in 50% of it. Then of the course reason 1B is having no clue how to develop pitchers.

Lots of other reasons, but those were the main ones.

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Anyone know what their rotation is expected to be this week?  I'm not sure if Thomas Eshelman is going to make a start which would make it a 6-man rotation.  Wondering if John Means will indeed get 2 starts or not.

Means is set to go tomorrow v. the Mets and Sunday in the Bronx. Not especially easy matchups, but Means has been tracking in a bit of a + direction, albeit slowly. Honestly, I run him in both starts. Dude is throwing 94-95 now and still has a plus change and slider. The change has NOT been that good for him this year, once he dials it in he should be just fine.