Tyler Glasnow 2020 Outlook

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Username checks out

A (likely) Shortened season has moved Glasnow up my rankings a good bit. Less likely to be affected by an innings limit. 

and the sell high window is open for business...  

Love this kid, but the fact that 62 IP (at the MLB level) is the most he's ever reached so far in his career is a bit concerning.

EDIT - I forgot the year he got traded, so he's eclipsed 100 IP once.

Edited by cizastro
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2020 at 1:51 PM, sasnumberonefan said:

A (likely) Shortened season has moved Glasnow up my rankings a good bit. Less likely to be affected by an innings limit. 

i agree but how much of his discount was inn limit vs inj risk?

does glasnow have more inj risk vs other sp? or is that something that doesnt matter much with the russian roulette of TJ

On 4/8/2020 at 4:52 PM, colepenhagen said:

i agree but how much of his discount was inn limit vs inj risk?

does glasnow have more inj risk vs other sp? or is that something that doesnt matter much with the russian roulette of TJ

Would think its a little of both. He's missed a large chunk of time last year, then missed a large chunk of Spring Training. Definitely some re-injury risk.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was high on this dude last year. Came out guns blazing. I thought he would throw a no hitter at some point and then season derailed by injury. Was super excited to get him back this year and now he is a lemon. Or maybe he is a lime, a worse version of a lemon. 

2 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I was high on this dude last year. Came out guns blazing. I thought he would throw a no hitter at some point and then season derailed by injury. Was super excited to get him back this year and now he is a lemon. Or maybe he is a lime, a worse version of a lemon. 

Username checks out

• Haha 4

I sold high on Glasnow before the season started and am considering trying to see if I can buy low.  The velocity is there and he only walked two so the control doesn't seem like it's too terrible.  He's still racking up a ton of K's.

4 minutes ago, cizastro said:

I sold high on Glasnow before the season started and am considering trying to see if I can buy low.  The velocity is there and he only walked two so the control doesn't seem like it's too terrible.  He's still racking up a ton of K's.

It’s more command than control. Too many pitches cutting right down the middle the first couple innings. Feels like he’s still in spring training watching him.

The knock on this guy was always control and not command.   If people are saying the control is there, there may be reason for optimism.   Im equally concerned about the 4 innings each and every start even though the pitch count was always reasonable.

I have to roll him out and praying he does well. I hope my reverse jinx tactics from last week will help him return to studliness. 

And I do agree he is a buy low. It sucks the season is short and he may end up reverting back to form by the time it is too late. 

Edited by mrfrood