Tyler Glasnow 2020 Outlook

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Username checks out

A (likely) Shortened season has moved Glasnow up my rankings a good bit. Less likely to be affected by an innings limit. 

and the sell high window is open for business...  

Dude is a badass. Look past the ERA for a second and look at the peripherals and massive K rate. Dude is like a modern right handed version of Randy Johnson but instead of a slider he throws a wicked curve. 34 IP 57 K. Sawed through the Yankees last night.

23 minutes ago, killa3312 said:

Dude is a badass. Look past the ERA for a second and look at the peripherals and massive K rate. Dude is like a modern right handed version of Randy Johnson but instead of a slider he throws a wicked curve. 34 IP 57 K. Sawed through the Yankees last night.

A beer league softball pitcher could probably throw 6 IPs with only a couple of runs against what is passing for the Yank's lineup these days, so judging Glasnow based on that is a bit misleading imo.  He had good stuff, but the Yanks offense right now is real bad.

Seriously, it basically consists of Lamahieu, Voit and a bunch of stiffs right now who are either slumping badly or role players.  The box score from last night is below.  They have 3 hitters hitting in the 100s.  Mercer and Hicks (has not hit all season) in the low 200s.  Urshela is slumping badly\probably still hurting.  Tauchman and Frazier get bounced around by Boone and don't get regular ABs\playing time so their production is stunted imo (though Tauchman has not shown any power this year).  Without Judge, Stanton and Torres in the lineup with at least a chance 6 or 7 of the players can be productive at any given time, all the opposition really needs to do is make sure Voit and Lamahieu do not beat them.  It would be even worse if Sanchez did not get a mistake to crush against the Mets and the Met pen had not imploded over the weekend.

HITTERS AB R H RBI AVG
D. LeMahieu 2B 5 1 2 0 .398
L. Voit DH 4 1 1 2 .301
M. Ford 1B 4 0 1 0 .182
C. Frazier RF 4 0 1 0 .295
G. Urshela 3B 4 1 1 1 .239
M. Tauchman LF 4 0 0 0 .261
G. Sanchez C 4 0 0 0 .128
J. Mercer SS 2 0 0 0 .200
a- A. Hicks PH 1 0 1 0 .218
B. Gardner CF 3 0 0 0 .169
Edited by secretagentman
17 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

A beer league softball pitcher could probably throw 6 IPs with only a couple of runs against what is passing for the Yank's lineup these days, so judging Glasnow based on that is a bit misleading imo.  He had good stuff, but the Yanks offense right now is real bad.

Seriously, it basically consists of Lamahieu, Voit and a bunch of stiffs right now who are either slumping badly or role players.  The box score from last night is below.  They have 3 hitters hitting in the 100s.  Mercer and Hicks (has not hit all season) in the low 200s.  Urshela is slumping badly\probably still hurting.  Tauchman and Frazier get bounced around by Boone and don't get regular ABs\playing time so their production is stunted imo (though Tauchman has not shown any power this year).  Without Judge, Stanton and Torres in the lineup with at least a chance 6 or 7 of the players can be productive at any given time, all the opposition really needs to do is make sure Voit and Lamahieu do not beat them.  It would be even worse if Sanchez did not get a mistake to crush against the Mets and the Met pen had not imploded over the weekend.

HITTERS AB R H RBI AVG
D. LeMahieu 2B 5 1 2 0 .398
L. Voit DH 4 1 1 2 .301
M. Ford 1B 4 0 1 0 .182
C. Frazier RF 4 0 1 0 .295
G. Urshela 3B 4 1 1 1 .239
M. Tauchman LF 4 0 0 0 .261
G. Sanchez C 4 0 0 0 .128
J. Mercer SS 2 0 0 0 .200
a- A. Hicks PH 1 0 1 0 .218
B. Gardner CF 3 0 0 0 .169

Not denying that but Glasnow was striking out an absurd amount of batters even before this game. Dude had some control issues early on probably exacerbated by the lack of a full spring and now that he’s found his groove he is dominating everyone.

I am glad he has turned it around and I will credit myself by providing the reverse jinx a few weeks ago. This is why I did not give up on him and I still think that one day we will see a no hitter from him. I just hope he can dominate rest of way so I can catch up in some cats! Thank you Tyler for turning it around!

• 1 month later...

The Rays are starting Glasnow for ALDS Game 5 on 2 days rest. Interesting as Snell is on 3 days rest. I like the vote of confidence in Glasnow, but also should I be a little worried he will get hurt? I mean the Rays rarely let him go over 90 pitches/6 inning this year, and now they are asking him to pitch on 2 days rest.... mixed feelings.

3 hours ago, Ads7633 said:

The Rays are starting Glasnow for ALDS Game 5 on 2 days rest. Interesting as Snell is on 3 days rest. I like the vote of confidence in Glasnow, but also should I be a little worried he will get hurt? I mean the Rays rarely let him go over 90 pitches/6 inning this year, and now they are asking him to pitch on 2 days rest.... mixed feelings.

I would imagine the Rays would be thrilled to get 2 innings maybe 3 from Glasnow before turning it over to Snell for hopefully 4 innings.

Elimination game means anything could happen.  Quick hooks all around tonight.