NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DJ Moore 2020 Outlook

affliction

3 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

His pace blows... one game it’s 20 points, next 6. The “overreactions” are confused owners and how in a smash spot he could do 0 before the 4th quarter... 0! People played him as a ceiling flex unless you’re in deep leagues and he may be a wr2, but a lot of people had better options as mentioned above and I’m sure would’ve went another way had we expected 1 target through almost the whole game... His usage is horrendous. He may hit his numbers but for fantasy, you’re throwing darts blind starting him over guys with either more targets or better qb play

Whelp had me fooled on that one 😕 

6 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

His pace blows... one game it’s 20 points, next 6. The “overreactions” are confused owners and how in a smash spot he could do 0 before the 4th quarter... 0! People played him as a ceiling flex unless you’re in deep leagues and he may be a wr2, but a lot of people had better options as mentioned above and I’m sure would’ve went another way had we expected 1 target through almost the whole game... His usage is horrendous. He may hit his numbers but for fantasy, you’re throwing darts blind starting him over guys with either more targets or better qb play

He scored 19, 14, and 25 in his last 3 games. People are overreacting as usual. 😂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

He scored 19, 14, and 25 in his last 3 games. People are overreacting as usual. 😂

This is it in a nutshell. He's on pace for 75 catches for 1,244 yards and 6-7 TDs. The yards and TDs are actually higher then last year but the catches are down quite a bit. It's a role change. It's clear the Panthers don't see him as the reciever that people who drafted him thought they did. They view him as the the big play downfield threat. Every single stat available to us points to this. He's a threat with this role to lead the lead in yards per reception and I think I would pick him to do it as of now. He came into the league with the reputation of being very inexperienced and not refined as a route runner. I wonder if some of that is the reason for this change along with the reason for Robby Anderson coming in. 

Either way the Panthers see a different player here. This must have been the plan for him all along once they brought in a reciever capable of doing a lot of the things he was doing. Still, it would be nice to see more screens and short area stuff. He's electric after the catch. He was great when they utilized him as a rusher as well.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

stop feeding curtis samuel. bridgewater missed moore on an easy 3rd down that shoulda gone for 20+ yards. wish panthers signed winston instead. he would've been fantasy gold for all skill players. 

Yeah Winston would have been better, I agree. Still Anderson and Moore came into this game 2nd and 7th in yards. Moore's yards are up...it's the receptions and the receptions only. He's up in the other two categories we care about. They prefer Anderson in Moore's old role and DJ Moore in NYJ Robby Anderson's role lol. No one saw it coming.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Silent-Trader said:

A big disappointment???!!! Wow, some people will never be happy. In PPR he has almost the same amount of points as DJ Metcalf and he's a disappointment? 🤣

DJ Moore was probably drafted as WR12-15 depending on your league.  So that's low end WR1 / high end WR2 in 12 or 14 team leagues.  Does he FEEL like a WR1 to you?  

3 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

This is exactly it for me.  Not every WR that we draft can be peppered with targets and expected to be consistent week in and week out.  He may have gotten his TDs but his usage is maddening.  Tonight I think he had one target on the first play of the game and then I believe he didn't have another target until late in the 4th?  So frustrating.  I haven't watched the Panthers much, but I imagine this is how much of the season has gone for him.  He got usurped for #1 duties on his team by Robby Anderson, and that's why we are so frustrated.  We didn't anticipate this when we drafted him as WR#12-15.  But now we're stuck with him.  While other receivers in his tier are clear WR1s that you plug and play with confidence (Thielen, Ridley), this guy is a roll of the dice every week.  Sure, there are always busts - guys like Odell and Juju were at his ADP as well - but to think we hit the jackpot when DJ fell to us in his draft slot and for the season to turn out like this is just a buzzkill.

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

his targets is misleading because it was garbage time. too little too late. hopefully cmc helps

He sucked the secondary in when they should have been keeping him in front of them. He definitely needs more targets, not just for fantasy...but for the Panthers to win in general. If I was a contending NFL team looking to add to my passing attack, this is the receiver I'd be targeting.

6 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

This sucks.  Another WR I can't rely on (Lamb)...might just play him against DET & MIN and call it good.

Dude was 7th in receiving yards coming into the game. Currently WR8 in PPR. He'll probably be top 20 after all the games are played You can rely on a top 20 WR? 

I don't understand how so many people expect monster games every week from every player. It never happens. Even CMC had a couple duds last year in one of the best fantasy seasons of all time. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Dude was 7th in receiving yards coming into the game. Currently WR8 in PPR. He'll probably be top 20 after all the games are played You can rely on a top 20 WR? 

I don't understand how so many people expect monster games every week from every player. It never happens. Even CMC had a couple duds last year in one of the best fantasy seasons of all time. 

He has played 8 games while half the receivers half played 6. DJ Moore is WR28th by points per game PPR. Meh He is a WR3

2 hours ago, Silent-Trader said:

Before last night he was WR14, so yes he does feel like a WR 1/ high end WR2.

Before last night, he was 25th in PPG in 0.5 ppr leagues...and now he'll likely drop even further after last night's dud. He's only seen 7+ targets in 3 games this year, and has only had one game where he caught more than 5 passes.

I really can't imagine how anyone with this guy on their team feels like they have a WR1 lmao. I agree that he hasn't been as bad as some people here are making it seem, but you're just as delusional if you're sitting here and acting like he's a WR1. He's a middle-of-the-pack WR2, possibly even on the lower end after last night. A lot of people in here drafted him to be their top WR...if this guy is the best WR on your team right now then you're screwed.

Edited by southsid3

43 minutes ago, southsid3 said:

Before last night, he was 25th in PPG in 0.5 ppr leagues...and now he'll likely drop even further after last night's dud. He's only seen 7+ targets in 3 games this year, and has only had one game where he caught more than 5 passes.

I really can't imagine how anyone with this guy on their team feels like they have a WR1 lmao. I agree that he hasn't been as bad as some people here are making it seem, but you're just as delusional if you're sitting here and acting like he's a WR1. He's a middle-of-the-pack WR2, possibly even on the lower end after last night. A lot of people in here drafted him to be their top WR...if this guy is the best WR on your team right now then you're screwed.

I don't have to be dillusional if the stats tell me he is WR14. 😂. That's fact. But he will drop after last night, that's true.

He's my WR2/3, depending on what Golladay does week in and out. But people also complain about him. 

So in summary,  people are mad because they drafted him for what the "experts " thought he should be.  The same "experts " who said fade Stefon Diggs and Keenan Allen.  I think you guys should be mad at yourselves 😂 Besides, somebody just mentioned they rather have Ridley,  who didn't even finish this game and dudded out against the Packers. At least DJ has gave you something each week.

Edited by GarrettHasTheClap
Add a sentence
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

So in summary,  people are mad because they drafted him for what the "experts " thought he should be.  The same "experts " who said fade Stefon Diggs and Keenan Allen.  I think you guys should be mad at yourselves 😂 Besides, somebody just mentioned they rather have Ridley,  who didn't even finish this game and dudded out against the Packers. At least DJ has gave you something each week.

Who faded Diggs and Allen this week? I wouldve faded Diggs too if Gilmore was on him but looks like Gilmore hurt himself in practice. I wouldnt trust everything experts say, you make your opinion based on what you know and the amount of risk involved in a particular matchup. 

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Who faded Diggs and Allen this week? I wouldve faded Diggs too if Gilmore was on him but looks like Gilmore hurt himself in practice. I wouldnt trust everything experts say, you make your opinion based on what you know and the amount of risk involved in a particular matchup. 

I meant coming into the season. 

very bad weather....bad game flow....Teddy definitely was off.....Atlanta d actually came to play....shut out for 97% of game and still managed to put up something and looked good doing it.....theres going to be weeks like this and many weeks like the last 2...he's definitely a #2 WR and a good one but if you're expecting top 5 numbers its just not reasonable.