NBC Sports Edge Forums

DJ Moore 2020 Outlook

47 minutes ago, rotochat said:

Does the coaching staff realize his potential at all? What a waste of talent. No wonder they keep losing games.

The emergence of Samuel and injuries along the OL havent helped. I certainly wouldnt drop but I would keep him on the bench and hope things get better.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He literally said "Not comparing Moore to Thomas but Teddy can feed his #1 receiver". He's just saying DJ is the main target and all Teddy has to do is complete the little short stuff that DJ is alrea

*Looks at menu* May I have Moore, please? Hold the Bridgewater.

Let's also not undersell the hiring of Joe Brady as OC.  He learned under Sean Payton as an Offensive Assistant Coach in NO for 2 seasons (17-18) and just led the LSU passing attack to one of the best

Posted Images

i don't blame him at all. there's so many plays where bridgewater has moore open but chooses to throw to samuel or robby. then when he does decide to throw to him, its incomplete/off target or something happens. he prob smashed his girl

• Like 1

So probably hasn’t lit it up completely this year but is still 12th for WR so far in receiving yards. On pace for 63 receptions, 1138 yards and 6TD. While probably a little under what people on the last few pages of this thread were hoping for, that’s hardly bust material. Has been serviceable and clearly still a mid to high WR2. 

2 hours ago, Black_Panther said:

So probably hasn’t lit it up completely this year but is still 12th for WR so far in receiving yards. On pace for 63 receptions, 1138 yards and 6TD. While probably a little under what people on the last few pages of this thread were hoping for, that’s hardly bust material. Has been serviceable and clearly still a mid to high WR2. 

Problem is his usuage is trending in the wrong direction. In 6 out of 9 weeks this season he has averaged less than 5 targets. Nearly every game that he puts up numbers is a result of a 50+ yard reception. Hard to trust a wr that doesnt even get targeted when hes open and is out touched/out targeted by 2 other receivers on his team.

Edited by rookieadrian

It’s extremely frustrating.

I remember when Samuel was “the guy” to have last year because he was supposed to be doing what he is doing now, but then Moore popped up.

This year, I get my hands on Moore, and here comes Anderson and Samuel.

And it’s not like defenses are doing anything with Moore.  He’s sitting there open.

Sucks, big time.

Edited by nn4mz

Really sucks how his situation is unfolding... i was holding onto him hoping that his target share improves. Unfortunately I don't think he will be relevant ROS unless either Anderson or Samuel is out of the equation. CMC is hurt again so maybe that helps (although probably minimal impact on DJ)?

1 hour ago, Bluetaco88 said:

All my homies hate Teddy Bridgewater. 

DJM completely wide open for gimme TD's, either doesn't throw, or throws like dog ****.

Best thing the Panthers can do is try to secure themselves an actual NFL QB in the 1st round of 2021 NFL draft.

For real. I remember he threw one in the second half by two wrs on a deep ball td, and just missed them bad. Ofc the announcers thought it was going to DJM but wasn’t completely clear it seemed due to it being such a bad pass 🙃😩

image.png image.png

eight 10+ target games in 2019. 7th overall WR in consistency rankings. 

Passes the eye test. he's a good talent. athletic, strong, seems to have good hands. I really think it's a matter of chemistry with the new quarterback. 
He's been lining up outside, no? He seems to have the profile of someone who could maneuver inside, not unlike a Boldin/HinesWard type of playmaker, but with explosive big-play potential too. 

In the words of TV Hercules,  "Disssaaappoooinntteedd!!!" 

11 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

image.png image.png

eight 10+ target games in 2019. 7th overall WR in consistency rankings. 

Passes the eye test. he's a good talent. athletic, strong, seems to have good hands. I really think it's a matter of chemistry with the new quarterback. 
He's been lining up outside, no? He seems to have the profile of someone who could maneuver inside, not unlike a Boldin/HinesWard type of playmaker, but with explosive big-play potential too. 

In the words of TV Hercules,  "Disssaaappoooinntteedd!!!" 

It seems like the combination of Anderson and now Samuel.  Bridgewater should be a good QB for Moore because of how Bridgewater plays, but Anderson has usurped the short/mid ranged role from Moore that we thought we were getting and now Samuel is back in the mix.  I think it's going to be boom/bust from here on out.

I agree with you though, we're all surely...

• Like 1

Me in 2018- Robby Anderson's gonna break out, he'll jell with the stud rookie, lets get him!

Me in 2019- I like Curtis Samuel way better than DJ Moore, dude's shifty as hell and scored a lot of TD's with very little touches, hidden gem!  Let's draft him 3 times! Also gimme one more share of Robby, he finished strong!

Me in 2020-  DJ Moore is a STUDDDDD.  ALL the shares in Joe Brady's offense.  Curtis Samuel?  Meh, we saw firsthand he's just ok at best.  Robby Anderson?? LOL- you damn well know he sucks!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
18 hours ago, BrianM said:

Me in 2018- Robby Anderson's gonna break out, he'll jell with the stud rookie, lets get him!

Me in 2019- I like Curtis Samuel way better than DJ Moore, dude's shifty as hell and scored a lot of TD's with very little touches, hidden gem!  Let's draft him 3 times! Also gimme one more share of Robby, he finished strong!

Me in 2020-  DJ Moore is a STUDDDDD.  ALL the shares in Joe Brady's offense.  Curtis Samuel?  Meh, we saw firsthand he's just ok at best.  Robby Anderson?? LOL- you damn well know he sucks!

This was exactly my experience as well. Sucks big time.

• Like 1

So in week 2 he torched the Bucs for 8 catches for 120 yards. Could he come close to repeating this performance?

I just traded for him so I'm being optimistic. His ROS schedule is very juicy. Det, Min, Den, GB, Was. Hope he turns it around. 

• Haha 1

He could for sure. It seems like he is basically a boom bust WR since he doesn’t really get enough volume for much else. If I knew they would throw to him 13 times like last time they played, I would feel tremendously better about playing him.

• Like 1