NBC Sports Edge Forums

DJ Moore 2020 Outlook

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He literally said "Not comparing Moore to Thomas but Teddy can feed his #1 receiver". He's just saying DJ is the main target and all Teddy has to do is complete the little short stuff that DJ is alrea

*Looks at menu* May I have Moore, please? Hold the Bridgewater.

Let's also not undersell the hiring of Joe Brady as OC.  He learned under Sean Payton as an Offensive Assistant Coach in NO for 2 seasons (17-18) and just led the LSU passing attack to one of the best

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

If he is asymptomatic, I believe he has a path to return for the game Sunday (assuming he is healthy anyways).

Assuming the rule hasn't been updated since this article on October 8th (sportingnews.com)....it seems that if he is asymptomatic he has a chance to play week 14....that's if his ankle injury isn't already holding him out.  My best guess is he misses this week with both those factors working against him.

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

• 10 days have passed since the initial positive test; OR
  • Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return when:

• At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND
  • At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

In either case, a player who tests positive must be cleared by his team's head physician before returning.

• Thanks 1
On 12/10/2020 at 10:59 AM, Drewfus said:

I would think, while possible, it's pretty rare to catch and clear the virus within the span of a week. I don't think we know when exactly he caught it, though. 

Being on the Reserve/Covid list doesn't necessarily mean that you have it. You could be on the list for having been in proximity to a case.

The Panthers do not discuss players on that list, so I believe there is no actual information whether he even tested positive. If he is on the list because of contact, and he tests negative 5 days in a row, he can go off the list.

11 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Can anybody say for sure if this guy is ruled out. I haven’t heard a thing. He hasn’t been ruled out. Does that mean he can still play. 

Haven't seen anything definitive, this article ( https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/panthers-dj-moore-not-expected-to-play/ ) says only that he is not likely to be removed from the list for tomorrow. The Fantasy Footballers were talking about him as if he specifically had corona (thus, not close contact situation and would be out), although I haven't found anything that confirms that

9 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Being on the Reserve/Covid list doesn't necessarily mean that you have it. You could be on the list for having been in proximity to a case.

The Panthers do not discuss players on that list, so I believe there is no actual information whether he even tested positive. If he is on the list because of contact, and he tests negative 5 days in a row, he can go off the list.

See the post above this one. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Even if he's good to go I don't know that I can trust him with Bridgewater.  However playing from behind will be helpful.  Where are you guys ranking him this week if he goes?

Low-end WR2

Edited by ponchsox
3 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Even if he's good to go I don't know that I can trust him with Bridgewater.  However playing from behind will be helpful.  Where are you guys ranking him this week if he goes?

I mean, before he missed last week due to being on the covid list, he was 11th in the league in yards

do you really have anyone else that you can flex?

1 hour ago, abrunn11 said:

How did he end up on the "Commissioners Exempt List" now?  So he is out indefinitely? 

I think it’s an error. It was like that early this morning on both Yahoo and MFL but I haven’t found an ounce of information as to why he would be suspended or anything of that nature.